Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread: 2009 UL Football Schedule

Default Re: UL football schedule for 2009

Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    _ Screw La. Tech and Tulane in all sports. I would rather see us go on the road against Miss. State or some other bottom rung team from a better conference every year and suck it up by only having 5 home games than to sucumb to the will of La. Tech and Tulane. They can both go to hell. _
    If Tulane is going to give us $300,000 for essentially a home game, I will take that type of screwing.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ If Tulane is going to give us $300,000 for essentially a home game, I will take that type of having supper with. _
    I hear what you are saying, but it is time we stop prostituting ourselves out to the rest of the state schools. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I think we are superior to La. Tech and Tulane in athletics, it is about mutual respect. If they can't respect us enough to play home and home games in ALL sports then F*&k them. I am sick and tired of our administration and coaches allowing this to happen period.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    _ I hear what you are saying, but it is time we stop prostituting ourselves out to the rest of the state schools. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I think we are superior to La. Tech and Tulane in athletics, it is about mutual respect. If they can't respect us enough to play home and home games in ALL sports then F*&k them. I am sick and tired of our administration and coaches allowing this to happen period. _
    I agree on the LaTech front. Their campus is in a backwater town. Tulane on the other hand is in a big media market(by LA standards). I think it is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    I fully agree with your point but we've already proven many times the Superdome is a home venue for us. If we have 6 home games and a game in the dome, I call that 7 homes games and it cannot get any better than that.

Therefore, DESPITE ANYTHING I SAID BEFORE, I'd bite the bullet here and make the supreme sacrifice to take the family to New Orleans for a great win in the dome and weekend in the French Quarter.

By the way, the mighty Tulamies pulled 2500 for its 2008 season home finale against UAB.
    Well if that's the case, the game will be played in my home town, and I can visit the family while I'm down there. That's the only thing positive I see coming out of this. And yes, the 10-20k fans we'd bring. But other than that, nothing. If they are really paying us 300k, I say we go down there, whip their ass, and never play them again after that.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ I would call Tulane a home game. _

I'll take that game too. Does anyone remember what the Tulane games were like in the Dome several years ago? They were outstanding and really were like a home game for UL. The pre-game Dome parties are legendary. And the recruiting benefits are immeasurable. We need the N.O. exposure. DO IT.

Default Finishing the 2009 schedule

Do you think NIU would be willing to come down to Cajun Field next year?

We do have an open date for a home game on 9/12.

I'm not even going to bother about asking about whether Separation U is available.

Default Re: Finishing the 2009 schedule

Can we just get the schedule done ASAP!
    =]

Ragin' Cajuns Re: 2009 schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Aussierules85 View Post
    _ Happy La Tech Football Day everybody! _
    I have just two words for you guys: GEAUX HUSKIES!!!!!!

Default Looking for 2009 UL Football Schedule

Anyone have a site to find the schedule for this year? I've tried a few sites without luck,.maybe its just me.but any help would be appreciated. Thanks.BTG

Default Re: Looking for 2009 UL Football Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by BTG View Post
    _ Anyone have a site to find the schedule for this year? I've tried a few sites without luck,.maybe its just me.but any help would be appreciated. Thanks.BTG _
    The schedule is not complete for next year as for as I know.

basketball fan are you?

Quote Originally Posted by BTG View Post
    _ Anyone have a site to find the schedule for this year? I've tried a few sites without luck,.maybe its just me.but any help would be appreciated. Thanks.BTG _
    I believe there is one more OOC game to schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    _ I believe there is one more OOC game to schedule. _
    I believe they were trying to get SMU but that didn't work out. It is supposed to be a home game which is good.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ I believe they were trying to get SMU but that didn't work out. It is supposed to be a home game which is good. _
    SMU signed two-year deal with Washington State a few weeks ago.

UL has been talking with the MAC conference office and its commissioner for the final non-conference opening. Ball State has one opening. Central Michigan has two.

Western Michigan was in the mix, but a neutral-site game against Michigan State was moved to Lansing. That leaves the Broncos with three non-conference road games - Michigan State, Michigan and Indiana. They will likely get a home game for that final opening.

UL Football football schedule

Does anyone have a tentative football schedule yet for the upcoming season. I need to start trying to figur out which home games I will be able to attend this coming year

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread Information