Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Story behind the Cajundome?

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Story behind the Cajundome?

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ Minnesota sold beer at one time as well. _
    i can (vaguely) remember some basketball games vs. uno at "the pit" where many courtside brews were quaffed. early '80's?

Default Re: Story behind the Cajundome?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Saint View Post
    _ i can (vaguely) remember some basketball games vs. uno at "the pit" where many courtside brews were quaffed. early '80's? _
    Yes, you're right. The pit brews were good in the early 80's and still good last year. Especially with the W. Lakefront served up a few cold ones also.

The Cajundome is on campus. I believe the area is called "Campus South." Beer can be sold and or consumed at any University function or game as long as UL PD is there.

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ Selling beer is not nor has it ever been the problem. It's people who consume beer and/or alcohol then can't control themselves. It happens a lot at LSUAMCBR football and baseball games but I did not see it at the UL - LSUAMCBR basketball game - happy to say.

Big difference. _

Well, I certainly agree with this statement to a certain extent. However, this type of behavior isn't limited to just one particular school or conference. I'm seen this type of behavior from fans of many other schools that hail from the SEC, Big 12, Big 10, ACC, etc. When you mix alcohol with 90,000+ people, you are going to have problems. Every school has their fair share of bad apples, and sometimes you happen to get placed next to them. I'll never forget the drunken idiot at Auburn who told us Katrina was a gift from God to cleanse the filthy state of Louisiana.

5. Default Re: Story behind the Cajundome?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCanaille View Post
    _ The Cajundome is on campus. I believe the area is called "Campus South." Beer can be sold and or consumed at any University function or game as long as UL PD is there. _
    I don't believe that UL pd being there is the issue, they are at the FB games but no beer is served. From my conversations with David Walker and other university officials over the years, the issue is simple. INSURANCE. At UL BBall and Baseball games the beer is sold by catering companies and so the insurance (liability) is under their name and umbrella. I'm not sure about catering at the football games, but I know Doc A did not want beer sold there, and the committee could vote to have it, but guess who was the head of the committee, Doc A. The main concern is liability. This could change under new administration, but I am willing to bet this issue is very, very low on the totem pole (as it should be).

Quote Originally Posted by geo_cajun View Post
    _ I don't believe that UL pd being there is the issue, they are at the FB games but no beer is served. From my conversations with David Walker and other university officials over the years, the issue is simple. INSURANCE. At UL BBall and Baseball games the beer is sold by catering companies and so the insurance (liability) is under their name and umbrella. I'm not sure about catering at the football games, but I know Doc A did not want beer sold there, and the committee could vote to have it, but guess who was the head of the committee, Doc A. The main concern is liability. This could change under new administration, but I am willing to bet this issue is very, very low on the totem pole (as it should be). _
    I not only believe that UL PD being there has anything to do with alcohol on campus, I know it does. If there is alcohol on campus you MUST have UP present. Liability is also an issue but it's an issue at any event where alcohol is sold. I think it's something that can be easily taken care of. A simple release from the fans would do the trick. How do you do this with every fan? I think there could be something done when a ticket is purchased or when a beer is purchased.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information