Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: UL promoting UL

Default Re: Construction 7/15/2014

But it's not just for athletic purposes, it's everything related to school. You know, the students going to school. I'm all for pushing Louisiana, just think this instance is being petty. Especially with the way our own leadership has dealt with the name issue. You aren't required to only use 1 #. I don't see a problem with putting the name of the university.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    But it's not just for athletic purposes, it's everything related to school. You know, the students going to school. I'm all for pushing Louisiana, just think this instance is being petty. Especially with the way our own leadership has dealt with the name issue. You aren't required to only use 1 #. I don't see a problem with putting the name of the university.
    I'm just saying that in a misguided attempt to be legal, their not.

I think it's their attempt to reach a bunch of followers, never once considering legal/illegal.

4. Default Re: Construction 7/15/2014

I think it's their attempt to reach a bunch of followers, never once considering legal/illegal.
    Very true, same way UL-L popped on the scene "never once considering"

Legal or illegal, students use twitter, a # is trying to reach followers, our students follow #ullafayette. If be willing to bet more follow and tag #ullafayette than #louisiana.
    I'm not a huge twitter user, but if I am not mistaken, you can't follow a hashtag (#). you can search for it, or if it is popular enough, you can see it trending. There are almost as many instances of #WeAreLouisiana as there are of #ullafayette

6. Default Re: Construction 7/15/2014

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    The UL-city tag Name change.

Biggest waste of time and energy in the history of the university and its followers.

It could have been so simple and so awesome.

Universite' des Acadiens

I wanted it to be "Acadian University" Call it Acadie for short, And it sounds like you went to a private school. But I also like the battle for the name, because it has brought us together. I am not a huge ULM hater like some on here, and not wishing that we were in conf. USA, which is no better, but we could achieve our goal easier if we were not in a conference with ULM and they move down to 1AA. Just dreaming!!!

Quote Originally Posted by barchief View Post
    I'm not a huge twitter user, but if I am not mistaken, you can't follow a hashtag (#). you can search for it, or if it is popular enough, you can see it trending. There are almost as many instances of #WeAreLouisiana as there are of #ullafayette
    That's why I suggested putting them all, but I just think for this instance it's being petty about it. JMO, if it was #ul@lafayette I still wouldn't care, bc it is the name of the school.

8. Default

That's why I suggested putting them all, but I just think for this instance it's being petty about it. JMO, if it was #ul@lafayette I still wouldn't care, bc it is the name of the school.
    Nope @ is illegal. The law says "NO typographical variations" for at !

Now that's being petty.

#ulatlafayette

Default Re: UL promoting UL

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Nope @ is illegal. The law says "NO typographical variations" for at !

Now that's being petty.

#ulatlafayette
    Hopefully, over time, this is seen by the rest of the country as the petty "law" it is.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    The UL-city tag Name change.

Biggest waste of time and energy in the history of the university and its followers.

It could have been so simple and so awesome.

Universite' des Acadiens

Yea no confusion there. http://www2.acadiau.ca/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information