Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mr. Paul Guidroz " Okay Bye "

Default Mr. Paul Guidroz " Okay Bye "

hey all bil (ly) here host of the sportsnote radio show heard 2-3pm (cst) weekdays

i got a call today. that one of the "favorite" characters that picks up a phone and calls in many of the radio shows heard on espn1420. has "rushed onward" to the crossing of the GOAL LINE. yesterday friday the 9th of January 2009

paul guidroz may we always remember you fondly

Default Re: Mr. Paul Guidroz

Man, Kevin had talked to him during the week on his show and he didn't sound too good. Foote asked him how he was and I think he said he was struggling.

Thoughts and prayers to his family. Will miss his calls on the shows.

Quote Originally Posted by snote View Post
    _ hey all bil (ly) here host of the sportsnote radio show heard 2-3pm (cst) weekdays

i got a call today. that one of the "favorite" characters that picks up a phone and calls in many of the radio shows heard on espn1420. has "rushed onward" to the crossing of the GOAL LINE. yesterday friday the 9th of January 2009

paul guidroz may we always remember you fondly _
    leeman has a great couple of stories about ol' Paul. Sad to hear he is not with us anymore.

That's sad news. It was always among the highlights of my day to hear him call in to a show. My condolences to his family.

_ hey all bil (ly) here host of the sportsnote radio show heard 2-3pm (cst) weekdays

Stop by the store this week, sorry to hear that he passed away.

Sad news. He was quite a character when he called into KPEL.

I hope St. Pete is ready to answer the question."Why don't they let Peter Rose into da Hall of Fame?"

7. Default Re: Mr. Paul Guidroz

Paul is and will always be one of my all-time favorite callers to talk radio. I will miss him dearly! I just wish I had met him, but it is my own fault I could have gone when he had his store, and I didn't.

It is a good thing he had the multi tasking expertise that goes along with running a convenience store because he is the ONLY caller I ever heard that could pretty much ignore the radio replay of his own voice playing in the background and still carry on with his call. I always wondered how far away the radio was from his phone because he kept on trucking when others including talk show hosts fell flat on their face.

Perhaps he didn't recognize his own accent.

Paul had a very strong Cajun accent that I LOVED hearing and I will miss it.

The first time he said he went to UL I was floored and it reminded me again that an accent is just that, an accent, and we should never judge a person by how they sound. I don't know for sure and I guess there are ways to find out, but my guess Paul attended UL in the late 1940's probably on the GI bill. I base the guess solely because he said in one of his calls he sat in the same chair that Alvin Dark sat in (while he ws at UL) he made me laugh when he said (about sitting in AD's chair) "it didn't help me play ball"

Paul had one of the quickest wits and yes many of his joke calls were pre scripted on his end but his ability to make me laugh on the spur of the moment was equaled by none. He made me laugh out loud so many times I have long since lost count.

I just wish I could hear him one more time. Paul you will be missed.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Definitely one of the greatest. He will be sadly missed.

Z

I heard when he called Kevins show Thursday. He sounded very weak and out of breath. I felt kind of uneasy after the call.

I guess he is talking sports with "The Saint" and Double D right now.
    He was every ESPN 1420 listeners grandfather.

God bless him.

10. Default Re: Mr. Paul Guidroz

Another note, Paul was a big Jake Delhomme fan, anything Breaux Bridge really.

RIP Paul.

I'd like to see Kevin or someone write an article about Paul. I'd like to know more about the guy and relive some of the funnier calls and stories.

He was one of the best callers ever. I loved it when he called in. He should be in the 1420 hall of fame!

As an RN I took care of Paul when he broke his leg about 6 or so month's ago. I didn't know it was him but when I walked into his room and he said something like "mais can you halp me get dat off da tabull." I immediately said "Paul"? and he was like. Mais how you know me. I said " your famous"! he laughed he was a very modest guy we reminisced about a few things. I'll remember Paul RIP.

sad to hear.

T&P

Paul was a treasure to all of us that listen to 1420 and will be missed. Rest in peace Mr. Guidroz.

In trubute to Paul I would like to sign off as he often did.

Ohke' bye.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information