Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6

Thread: UL vs UNO at the LakeFront Arena

Default Re: Louisiana vs. New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by basketballjone View Post
    _ POSTED EARLIER BY SOME ONE ELSE

So in other words if UNO would have played sloppy defense and committed more fouls then we would have won? Bad excuse!!!

This team is just not playing smart basketball. Whether it's coaching, chemistry, or just bad players something needs to be done. I am a big Coach Lee supported but unfortunately for him I love Cajun Basketball much more. So if something is going to change it's gonna have to start with a new coach. Butch Pierre, Labado, Danny Broussard, Brad Boyd, Bobby Knight.Do somthing and make some sort of change!!!!

Just Joking on the Bobby Knight one.kind of

Great im in the HUNT!!! GREAT!!! _
    Geezso much for renewing season tickets

Quote Originally Posted by KACajun View Post
    _ BS!!!! If more people would speak out maybe something would happen. _
    Umm. Maybe you should watch a few episodes of Beavis and Butthead.

Default Re: UNO Game Thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun2010 View Post
    _ according to jay, there isnt even 250 people therewow. _

And this is supposed to be major college basketball. It is a joke and this conference is a joke. And worse, we are losing to this. The joke is on us.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    _ Just curious. What is Coach Lee's record against UNO. I really don't remember losing to them much before Lee was head coach. _
    Does Tim Floyd ring a bell?

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by beavis11 View Post
    _ So Lee skips another post game interview to chew out his
    "team" - lovely !!! THis is the 4th or 5th time he has pulled this stunt.
    I find this to be a slap in the face to us, the fans - at least have the balls to come out and say that your team sucks and you have no idea how to coach a recognizable offense besides the Hi/Lo - high turnovers & low points and the I/U - I shoot U watch !!!

I'm Out!!! _
    you said BALLS. huh huh, huh huh.

6. Default Re: Louisiana vs. New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ you said BALLS. huh huh, huh huh. _
    Gotta have BALLS to run a sports forum

Cribbage forums? Not so much

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCanaille View Post
    _ So in other words if UNO would have played sloppy defense and committed more fouls then we would have won?
    No, if we would have got some calls we would have woncome on 37 to 7. UNO commited only 7 fouls that was called in this game. And UL commited 30 more then they did. I think you know what I'm saying here.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    _ No, if we would have got some calls we would have woncome on 37 to 7. UNO commited only 7 fouls that was called in this game. And UL commited 30 more then they did. I think you know what I'm saying here. _
    UNO committed more than 7 fouls in the game. We only shot 7 free throws. Perhaps the fouls UNO committed were not in the act of shooting and therefore we didn't get free throws. Total fouls were 22 to 11, not a large discrepancy.

And certainly not the reason we lost the game.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    _ No, if we would have got some calls we would have woncome on 37 to 7. UNO commited only 7 fouls that was called in this game. And UL commited 30 more then they did. I think you know what I'm saying here. _
    The number of foul shots taken doesn't correlate directly to the number of fouls called. I think that UL was called for 22 total, whereas UNO was called for 11 total.

Still, as I said before, if a few more fouls would have been called on UNO, or if UL would have actually made their throws (especially McCoy right at the end), then it might have resulted in a win, but it would not have disguised how poorly the team played. A crappy performance is a crappy performance, no matter how you look at it.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6

Thread Information