Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: UL vs UNO at the LakeFront Arena

Default Re: Louisiana vs. New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    _ UL 58
    UNO 61

That's all she wrote. _
    Maybe when UNO shuts down their basketball program we can pickup some their players. Also has anyone scouted the band for talent? Sometimes you just got to laugh. Man Cajun sports is in a sorry state.

how about the coach?

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    _ NO 37 ft's
    UL 7 ft's

Have to love that.

igeaux.mobi _
    Cue CajunFun for one of his conspiracy theories

We may have attempted only 7 FT's, but how many did we make? That's the stat you really need to look at.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCanaille View Post
    _ Bottom LineWE SUCK!!! _
    Exactly. I don't give a crap how bad or good the referees were or were not. The quicker, bigger, faster players out there were wearing black jerseys. However, they made poor passes, they played poor defense, they took bad shots, etc. If the disparity in FTs would have been the other way around, UL might have won, but this team would still be making stupid decisions, playing poor defense, and would still not be able to accomplish the basic things that must be accomplished to be a good team.

But if we had somewhere around 20 free throws we would have won.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyR View Post
    _ This makes me sick, with the talent we have on this team we should have beat them by 20. _
    You are right we do have talent, but no leadership. If we can get rid of Lee at the end of this season, most players will be back with us for two more years. I think the new coach will be able to put something together with these players. We must act now. Lee is a nice guy, but he is not the answer to winning.

PS: As far as complaining about the fouls, that is expected on the road. Also we had a lead in the end completely go away, we had a chance to tie it. So no excuses we lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    Cue CajunFun for one of his conspiracy theories

We may have attempted only 7 FT's, but how many did we make? That's the stat you really need to look at.
    3-7 on free throws.

I am tired of hearing "if adeife makes one free throw Lee is pleased." That is what practice is for. Not only should Lee demand better, but Adeife should demand better of himself and work his __s off to correct the problem.

igeaux.mobi

Just curious. What is Coach Lee's record against UNO. I really don't remember losing to them much before Lee was head coach.

Byran Starks , "even though we shot the ball poorly we got out of here down by three". I guess that's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    _ But if we had somewhere around 20 free throws we would have won. _
    So in other words if UNO would have played sloppy defense and committed more fouls then we would have won? Bad excuse!!!

This team is just not playing smart basketball. Whether it's coaching, chemistry, or just bad players something needs to be done. I am a big Coach Lee supported but unfortunately for him I love Cajun Basketball much more. So if something is going to change it's gonna have to start with a new coach. Butch Pierre, Labado, Danny Broussard, Brad Boyd, Bobby Knight.Do somthing and make some sort of change!!!!

Just Joking on the Bobby Knight one.kind of

Score 61 to 58, officals win!!!!

If we would hire Bobby Knight, we must get him his own show on 1420. He is classic on the radio. :-)

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    _ If we would hire Bobby Knight, we must get him his own show on 1420. He is classic on the radio. :-)

igeaux.mobi _
    Between 3 and 6pm

No offense guys but people's opinions of our radio personalities are the least of the Cajuns problems. We need a new coach! Jay doesn't coach or play in our basketball games.

Quote Originally Posted by Square Head View Post
    _ Score 61 to 58, officals win!!!! _
    UNO must be really a poor team to win by 3 with that desparity. I'm about done on Sunbelt sports. Barely hanging on to UL's. There cannot be more imcompetent refs than in the Belt nor a worse shooting team than ours. Still no point guard; still no inside game. No idea what kind of coach the General is; not too good as a recruiter, obviiously. At this point, one cannot teach shooting. Practive may make it better. Either kids can shoot or they can't. And ours can't.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information