Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dunlap and Rogers Quit Playing for Errol Rogers

1. Default Dunlap and Rogers Quit Playing for Errol Rogers

I know it's not too popular to read about another Cajun Women loss under the direction of Head Coach Errol Rogers, but some may have missed a tiny paragraph about two players that left the team during the Christmas break. Whitney Dunlap and Bronson Rogers both quit the team. It's quite a statement when players are giving up scholarships because of the poor leadership and professionalism of a Coach. I heard that more of the team wanted to do the same thing, but couldn't due to their financial situation. Most people would think that this is all about the team's record, but it's more than that. I have heard of over excessive practices, inconsiderations towards players, free time and moral in general . I hope the AD gets involved and asks for answers, and doesn't just right this off as a normal operation for Cajun Women's Basketball.

Default Re: In case anyone missed it !!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunTundra View Post
    _ I know it's not too popular to read about another Cajun Women loss under the direction of Head Coach Errol Rogers, but some may have missed a tiny paragraph about two players that left the team during the Christmas break. Whitney Dunlap and Bronson Rogers both quit the team. It's quite a statement when players are giving up scholarships because of the poor leadership and professionalism of a Coach. I heard that more of the team wanted to do the same thing, but couldn't due to their financial situation. Most people would think that this is all about the team's record, but it's more than that. I have heard of over excessive practices, inconsiderations towards players, free time and moral in general . I hope the AD gets involved and asks for answers, and doesn't just right this off as a normal operation for Cajun Women's Basketball. _

This guy has taken the program back to the awful days in just two years. Unbelievable!!

Scott Farmer needs to DUMP this guy ASAP!!!

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    _ Scott Farmer needs to DUMP this guy ASAP!!!

igeaux.mobi _
    David Walker is the AD and he needs to dump this guy ASAP! We want to credit or blame Farmer too much. The man at the top is still David Walker.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFISH61 View Post
    David Walker is the AD and he needs to dump this guy ASAP! We want to credit or blame Farmer too much. The man at the top is still David Walker.
    I don't think they will fire a coach with two years remaining on a contract. That is especially true for a sport in which there is little following.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: In case anyone missed it !!!

Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFISH61 View Post
    _ David Walker is the AD and he needs to dump this guy ASAP! We want to credit or blame Farmer too much. The man at the top is still David Walker. _
    Thanks Fish. Knew someone would correct me. I don't think we're paying that guy enough to where it would hurt that much to just terminate him (I don't even know his name!) right now.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ I don't think they will fire a coach with two years remaining on a contract. That is especially true for a sport in which there is little following. _
    /agree

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ I don't think they will fire a coach with two years remaining on a contract.
    Does anyone else see a trend of under qualified coaches getting hired with crazy long contracts who get extensions for winning 50% of the games? I think David Walker needs the fire turned up on his a*s, he his HORRIBLE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KACajun View Post
    _ Does anyone else see a trend of under qualified coaches getting hired with crazy long contracts who get extensions for winning 50% of the games? I think David Walker needs the fire turned up on his a*s, he his HORRIBLE!!!! _

I wouldn't call coach Lee's contract crazy long. He got a 2 year extension just before this season and I don't find that very long at all. I think it is 2 years longer than it should be but we are in a decent position to do something about it as well.

Man on man it wasn't long ago Cajuns Women Basketball made a big step forward. Now we've taken two huge steps back.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ I wouldn't call coach Lee's contract crazy long. He got a 2 year extension just before this season and I don't find that very long at all. I think it is 2 years longer than it should be but we are in a decent position to do something about it as well. _
    Let me say again, coaches get extensions for going .500!!! I think average shouldn't get rewarded, I guess we differ in that assessment.

_ Let me say again, coaches get extensions for going .500!!! I think average shouldn't get rewarded, I guess we differ in that assessment. _

A one year extension makes sense, because it may be a turning point, but i do agree that being average shouldnt be greatly rewarded. Coaches think that since they have one good year they are off the hot seat for 5 years or so. it isnt acceptable.

_ Let me say again, coaches get extensions for going .500!!! I think average shouldn't get rewarded, I guess we differ in that assessment. _
    With annual reviews being conducted in the corporate world at this time of the year, a "Meets Expectations" is the most common outcome. Usually, only 20% of employees gets an "Exceeds Expectations". From the definition of "Meets Expectations", that means average. Based on what you said above, that person should not expect a raise. Only the people in the "Exceeds" category should get a raise. In the corporate world, the "Meets" will get a raise. The "Exceeds" will get a bigger raise. The "Below" will be lucky to keep the job.

The question is would you rate Coach Lee a "Below average"?

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

He got an extension for 3 reasons:

1. When he got the contract, it was the last year of his previous contract (I think), so either he gets an extension or we hire a new coach.

2. We weren't going to fire him. He salvaged a share of the West title and appeared to be "on the brink" of something big (so far, so not good).

3. Not giving him an extension (or only giving him a year) would have severely hampered any recruiting efforts. Other coaches can easily use another coach's contract situation against him.

It's the same thing for Bustle. How stupid would it be if our AD came out and said, "Bustle must win 7 games to keep his job." All of a sudden some of our better commitments would be getting calls from other schools saying "you don't want to play for a lame duck coach, blah blah blah."

The AD's job is to always make the athletic department seem stable, even when it's not.
    Then at the end of the year take appropriate action.

_ Does anyone else see a trend of under qualified coaches getting hired with crazy long contracts who get extensions for winning 50% of the games? I think David Walker needs the fire turned up on his a*s, he his HORRIBLE!!!! _
    The Women's coach is in his second year. He has 2 years left. Four years is a standard contract. He will be fired after his 4th year. I will be even more ____ed if they buy him out. It's womens basketball, this is not the prize UL athletics is after.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information