Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: CBS Sports ranks Cajuns as 34th-best college sports program in 2013-14

Default No way to diminish Cajuns' success - From the Bird's Nest

Recently, UL supporter Glen Raggio released his annual report on the winning percentage of the top five sports (football, men’s and women’s basketball, baseball and softball) that UL participates in. The results, called the Pentathlam .

http://bit.ly/VRn0U0

2. Default Re: No way to diminish Cajuns' success - From the Bird's Nest

Lam Jay, not lum, as in beating ones opponent.

Pent (as in 5 *) ath (as in athletics) lam (as in beating opponents aka winning)

lam /læm/ 

verb
    2.give a thrashing to; beat hard

* also closely confined as in fans witnessing the ordeal.

Default Re: No way to diminish Cajuns' success - From the Bird's Nest

What we accomplished this year would be impressive for a program with a $120million budget.much less one with $100million less.

Default Re: CBS Sports ranks Cajuns as 34th-best college sports program in 2013-14

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    I agree with everything you say. I'm just taking a situation that people constantly complain about and try to see some positive out of it.

I will tell you though that a large portion of our growing fanbase was looking for a winner. Didn't matter who we beat. Just wanted to cheer for a team that wins.
    I understand what you are saying. The BIGGEST problem (IMO) that we still face TODAY, is that our budget does not meet cusa's minimum entry level of $20M. I think everybody can talk to they are blue in the face that our administration is not doing everything they can to get us into a "better" conference and they are right. When you have MINIMAL resources like we still do, you fight the battles you have a chance to win; you have to be as efficient as you can to maximize your resources.

I believe we are pretty much all in agreement we would like to be in a "better" (I have this in quotes because we do have differing opinions on what conferences are better) conference, but UNTIL we get to $20M, which I feel will be this year, we are going to be relegated to the back poker room.

Laturd lied to get in to cusa; we should be better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    What we accomplished this year would be impressive for a program with a $120million budget.much less one with $100million less.
    120 million -100 million = 20 million the math checks out

Default Re: CBS Sports ranks Cajuns as 34th-best college sports program in 2013-14

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    I understand what you are saying. The BIGGEST problem (IMO) that we still face TODAY, is that our budget does not meet cusa's minimum entry level of $20M. I think everybody can talk to they are blue in the face that our administration is not doing everything they can to get us into a "better" conference and they are right. When you have MINIMAL resources like we still do, you fight the battles you have a chance to win; you have to be as efficient as you can to maximize your resources.

I believe we are pretty much all in agreement we would like to be in a "better" (I have this in quotes because we do have differing opinions on what conferences are better) conference, but UNTIL we get to $20M, which I feel will be this year, we are going to be relegated to the back poker room.

There are proposals out there to improve fundraising which will help us get to that budget threshold and beyond. The admin just needs to act on it it (and I do not consider the glacial pace they are moving at as "acting on it" although others do).

We are there now, it just depends upon how your report those numbers.

Default Re: No way to diminish Cajuns' success - From the Bird's Nest

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    120 million -100 million = 20 million your right the math checks out

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    There are proposals out there to improve fundraising which will help us get to that budget threshold and beyond. The admin just needs to act on it it (and I do not consider the glacial pace they are moving at as "acting on it" although others do).
    Now, now, it's Friday Hammer! Lets not get everyone's panties knotted! Thanks

Z

Man, you are fracking hilarious! You need to get shirts made for the Tech/UL game.you can use my slogan "Tech Lied Bulldog Died!"
    So what makes you angrierthat Tech, a much smaller, more Academically focused school got into CUSA or that your old conference mates left y'all behind?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    Man, you are fracking hilarious! You need to get shirts made for the Tech/UL game.you can use my slogan "Tech Lied Bulldog Died!"
    So what makes you angrierthat Tech, a much smaller, more Academically focused school got into CUSA or that your old conference mates left y'all behind?
    What makes you more mad? Embracing the suck? Or being ranked 1 of the worst athletic programs in the country? Can you see the separation? It's about 80 spots

Kind of like all your conference mates that left y'all behind for MWC and Tulane. LaTech has no room to talk.

We may not be in the conference we want right now but our success on the field in every sport speaks for itself.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

More academically focused? Not feeling that one. Haha!
    Even with your stretching the truth, UL is dusting you.
    Go play, child

Z

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    What makes you more mad? Embracing the suck? Or being ranked 1 of the worst athletic programs in the country? Can you see the separation? It's about 80 spots
    LMFAO. Y'all are starting to put Tigah fans to shame. I do however love all this smack talk from a school that's in the shattiest conference in college football.And before y'all attempt to poke fun at Tech, it might be best to concentrate on "separating" from your other directional school in Monroe first & then try to catch up with your old conference matessounds like y'all need to start embracing the suck of the mighty Sun Belt. But hey, I'm sure playing Georgia Southern will be a blast. Ok, bye.

it might be best to concentrate on "separating" from your other directional school in Monroe first & then try to catch up with your old conference mates.
    The only thing that keeps us associated with Monroe is our names and not competetion on the field. La Tech has much more in common with them we do when it comes to the playing field.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information