Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: CBS Sports ranks Cajuns as 34th-best college sports program in 2013-14

Default Re: CBS Sports ranks Cajuns as 34th-best college sports program in 2013-14

Gotta keep the money rolling in.

Default Re: CBS Sports ranks Cajuns as 34th-best college sports program in 2013-14

The Athletic Department is working on forwarding this report to out of town media outlets and administrative folks in conferences beyond the Sun Belt.

3. Default Re: CBS Sports ranks Cajuns as 34th-best college sports program in 2013-14

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    More importantly, send it to Boomer.

34 Louisiana
    50 Houston
    72 Tulane
    74 Rice
    92 South Alabama
    111 ULM
    111 USM
    121 La Tech
    .I imagine you refer to my concern with Tulane and Tech.yes I was with their getting into other conferenceshistory in this case doesn't contradict my concern!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    .I imagine you refer to my concern with Tulane and Tech.yes I was with their getting into other conferenceshistory in this case doesn't contradict my concern!!!
    Look at the numbers above you, how has that helped tech or Tulane?

5. Default Re: CBS Sports ranks Cajuns as 34th-best college sports program in 2013-14

Boomer will find a way

God I'm so happy we beat Tulane in the NO Bowl!foot meet throat.

7. Default Re: CBS Sports ranks Cajuns as 34th-best college sports program in 2013-14

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Look at the numbers above you, how has that helped tech or Tulane?
    please if you are going to bring this upreport on what I saidit had nothing to do with performance and all to do with conference affiliationdon't miss represent my opinions that have turned out unfortunately to be correct!!!

please if you are going to bring this upreport on what I saidit had nothing to do with performance and all to do with conference affiliationdon't miss represent my opinions that have turned out unfortunately to be correct!!!
    And how has that worked out for them? Don't avoid the question, how has latech getting into cusa helped them so far? Besides being ranked the worst athletic program in the country? How has Tulane being in what's perceived as 2 conferences ahead of us helped them? It's the fact that you act like this was always the end of the world is why people take jabs at you about it and that you constantly bring it up. I know you aren't that blind to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    More importantly, send it to Boomer.

34 Louisiana
    50 Houston
    72 Tulane
    74 Rice
    92 South Alabama
    111 ULM
    111 USM
    121 La Tech
    I'm enjoying this ranking a lot; really cool to see UL beating about half of the P5 programs and #1 non P5 in the entire nationthe cherry on top being LTURd getting exactly what they deserve; Separation at it's finest!!!!!!

10. Default Re: CBS Sports ranks Cajuns as 34th-best college sports program in 2013-14

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    And how has that worked out for them? Don't avoid the question, how has latech getting into cusa helped them so far? Besides being ranked the worst athletic program in the country? How has Tulane being in what's perceived as 2 conferences ahead of us helped them? It's the fact that you act like this was always the end of the world is why people take jabs at you about it and that you constantly bring it up. I know you aren't that blind to see that.
    .Well besides the extra money they will receive being members of their new conferences it has helped their recruiting.according to B J T our conference sunbelt has been a huge step for us to overcomethink of maybe the players we might have lost because of this and some other kids because of perception not giving us our chancehe'll ask the coaches!and please for once don't say anything about performance!!!

.Well besides the extra money they will receive being members of their new conferences it has helped their recruiting.according to B J T our conference sunbelt has been a huge step for us to overcomethink of maybe the players we might have lost because of this and some other kids because of perception not giving us our chancehe'll ask the coaches!and please for once don't say anything about performance!!!
    Where did the players we lost go? Because many of those teams aren't doing as well as the players we're "settling for" as a result.

Only 9 players got drafted in the NBA before one of those scraps. One of those scrubs is a real candidate for MLB MVP and an MLB all-star. One of those misfit teams of rag-tag throwaway athletes was ranked #1 in the country for a good chunk of the year. Another of those teams filled with scraps went the College World Series.

Who are we losing players to? Why would we want them instead of the athletes we are ending up with?

What recruiting battles have we lost to La. Tech and Tulane that turned out well for them?

And how has it helped them? How has the extra money helped? Thank god it helped latech recruiting otherwise they would have ranked FCS. Only in your world does everything we do involve them. Highest rated G5 and you worried about embrace the suck.

This past year has certainly been one to celebrate. I have no problem enjoying the publicity of those accomplishments, nor should anyone else. Nothing from this ranking changes my mind about this conference. Like other conferences, the strength of certain sports in the Sun Belt will fluctuate from one year to the next. Any program is capable of putting together a special year in a particular sport given the right commitment. But in the two most popular NCAA sports of football and basketball, a special year in either still doesn't garner much respect nationally. That is the larger picture.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    This past year has certainly been one to celebrate. I have no problem enjoying the publicity of those accomplishments, nor should anyone else. Nothing from this ranking changes my mind about this conference. Like other conferences, the strength of certain sports in the Sun Belt will fluctuate from one year to the next. Any program is capable of putting together a special year in a particular sport given the right commitment. But in the two most popular NCAA sports of football and basketball, a special year in either still doesn't garner much respect nationally. That is the larger picture.
    I agree with that, but Tulane and latech aren't the only 2 other schools in the country.as some make it seem cough cough

15. Default Re: CBS Sports ranks Cajuns as 34th-best college sports program in 2013-14

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    cajun TI don't know if this is private stuff that you don't want mentionedbut if it isn't
    Would you explain the recruiting wars and conference affiliation I don't mention UL but maybe you can relate some instancesthank you!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information