Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6

Thread: Review: The 2002 UL Baseball Post Season

Default Re: UL & LSU Square Off at "The Box"

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan32 View Post
    _ Can someone explain to me exactly what happened between us and LSU when we played them a few years ago. I've known for a while that something happened between the two schools but I never heard the details. anyone care to fill me in? _

Now then, you see what you started?????

j/k Its fun to look back now and then.

2. Default Re: 2002 Post Season (What really happened)

So for the record . . .

I was on the radio the day after the regional making the case that there was no reason to cancel the series.

While I have read very good reasons why an individual or family would never to back. . . I have read nothing as to why the series should have ever been cancelled.

jmo . . . since before the series was cancelled.

Come on, Kyle.your comments don't make sense anymore.even coming from YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Don't call me palpal? Don't call me UL@L A & M!

Were you one of the people claiming on the radio that someone pulled a switchblade or a pair of brass knuckles that Sunday?

I distinctly remember hearing Tony say the following week that they were not going to be playing LSU for a while after everything that happened so you are wrong there.

Once again, stick to the point. DID OR DID NOT LSU & UL BOTH go downhill for at least three years after they suspended playing each other? I haven't looked at the records so you have plenty of opportunity to use the facts to correct me if I am wrong.

My experience was a buch of clowns dressed up as fans of both schools that don't have enough maturity to know how to grow a rivalry, showed their little behinds after the event & caused the schools to have to act accordingly. Which IMO & the record show caused both schools to loose a competitive edge.

igeaux.mobi

Default Re: 2002 Post Season (What really happened start with post #1)

An for the record, and for those who claim better knowledge, the series was cancelled unilaterally by a&m@br.

Thanks for the work in putting this together Some people have selective memories but this was what was contemporaneously reported in the press

5. Default Re: 2002 Post Season

By request: bump

Default Re: Review: The 2002 UL Baseball Post Season

A regional in 2002 super regional in 2015

Default Re: Review: The 2002 UL Baseball Post Season

How many UL fans did it take to do all this damage? Was the ticket count less than 600 like today?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Turner View Post
    How many UL fans did it take to do all this damage? Was the ticket count less than 600 like today?
    I don't recall the visiting fan limitations but I doubt it was more than a few hundred.

Regardless of what Bertman said on behalf of Smoke, this had nothing to do with fans and little to do with players.

The subsequent meltdown was media driven.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6

Thread Information