33. Southern Mississippi (42-22) 417
    34. Tulane (39-22-1) 415
    35. Arizona (42-19) 414
    36. Wichita St. (48-17) 410
    37. Texas Christian (44-19) 409
    38. Oregon St. (28-24) 406
    39. California (33-21-2) 402
    40. Alabama (35-28 ) 398
    OTHER TEAMS RECEIVING VOTES: Vanderbilt, South Carolina, Arkansas, Auburn, Long Beach St., Oregon, Virginia, North Carolina St., Houston, Kent St., Santa Clara, U.C. Riverside, Oral Roberts, Nebraska, Kennesaw St., Ohio St., Oklahoma, San Diego St., Tennessee, Mississippi St., New Mexico, Jacksonville St., Elon, Western Kentucky, Dallas Baptist, N.C. Charlotte, South Florida, St. John's, Winthrop, Purdue, James Madison, Marshall, Central Florida, Washington, Washington St., Georgia Southern, Northwestern St., Lamar, Texas-San Antonio, Southern, Louisiana-Monroe, New Orleans, Hawaii, San Jose St., San Francisco.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Collegiate Baseball Preseason Poll

We have alot to prove this season.

WKU??? ULM??? Please tell me this is not just like the rest of our year has gone/will go.so depressing.

This is cr@p. This whole stinking athletic department needs to be torn down and rebuilt from the ground up. What in the hell is going on? Maybe we should build one enormous softball complex and scrap everything else.

Welcome to the slum of FBS.

this year is truly a rebuilding year, with that said, I have no doubt that we'll be in a position for the conference tourney to make some noise. Last year, really bad chemistry and a season long batting slump killed this team, this year, we got some new blood coming in, so lets give them a chance to prove what their worth before we declare this season a disaster.

By the way, one more reason why you shouldn't put any stock in these polls is because of where we started last year as opposed to the actual team we put on the field.

I agree. It is more of a discussion starter than a reflection of future performance. I doubt Fresno St. was ranked very high last year in the preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    _ this year is truly a rebuilding year, with that said, I have no doubt that we'll be in a position for the conference tourney to make some noise. Last year, really bad chemistry and a season long batting slump killed this team, this year, we got some new blood coming in, so lets give them a chance to prove what their worth before we declare this season a disaster.

By the way, one more reason why you shouldn't put any stock in these polls is because of where we started last year as opposed to the actual team we put on the field. _
    You're right, but it sure would be nice to be at the level where we were getting some pre-season recognition on a yearly or even every other year basis instead of taking decades to getting it and then falling on our a@@.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambler View Post
    _ I agree. It is more of a discussion starter than a reflection of future performance. I doubt Fresno St. was ranked very high last year in the preseason. _
    Fresno St. was #54 in the same poll last year. There are plenty of reasons to be optomistic about this team.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    _ You're right, but it sure would be nice to be at the level where we were getting some pre-season recognition on a yearly or even every other year basis instead of taking decades to getting it and then falling on our a@@. _
    Many of the high profile programs are given the benefit of the doubt at the beginning of the season (based on last season and prior achievements. players returning. etc.), while others who lack consistency (such as us) have to earn it each and every year. When we have a bad year and/or under achieve, we get knocked WAY down and have much further to climb and have to accomplish much more to get respect.

I'm a loyal Cajun fan, but in most sports (short of softball) we do it to ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Fresno St. was #54 in the same poll last year. There are plenty of reasons to be optomistic about this team.
    Beware, you can get called all sorts of things on this forum for being "optimistic" about anything dealing with the Cajuns.

I'm beginning to believe that you have to be an outright fatalist in order to be a Cajun fan.

All I have to say is that I am glad that the Cajuns have Coach Robichaux leading them, no matter what the preseason rank may be. As long as he is the coach I will feel optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Textitan View Post
    _ All I have to say is that I am glad that the Cajuns have Coach Robichaux leading them, no matter what the preseason rank may be. As long as he is the coach I will feel optimistic. _
    Amen.

Oh STOP IT ALREADY!!! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    Beware, you can get called all sorts of things on this forum for being "optimistic" about anything dealing with the Cajuns.

I'm beginning to believe that you have to be an outright fatalist in order to be a Cajun fan.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    _ This is cr@p. This whole stinking athletic department needs to be torn down and rebuilt from the ground up. What in the hell is going on? Maybe we should build one enormous softball complex and scrap everything else. _
    In breaking news, the sky has fallen.

Give me a break, its a preseason poll. What on earth did you see us do last year to put us in this poll? We had a bad year and now we have something to prove.

PS. You should check out the FBS football preseason poll this year and see how many aren't there at the end of the year. Jay and Scott were talking about it today and it shows just how much of a joke these preseason polls are.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information