Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Collegiate Baseball Preseason Poll

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    In breaking news, the sky has fallen.

Give me a break, its a preseason poll. What on earth did you see us do last year to put us in this poll? We had a bad year and now we have something to prove.

PS. You should check out the FBS football preseason poll this year and see how many aren't there at the end of the year. Jay and Scott were talking about it today and it shows just how much of a joke these preseason polls are.
    Thanks! I feel much better now!

igeaux.mobi

Default Re: Collegiate Baseball Preseason Poll

Pre-season Polls are worthless except for College Football.

In everything else, you have to earn your right to the tournament then you have to win the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by LSUalum1 View Post
    _ Pre-season Polls are worthless except for College Football.

In everything else, you have to earn your right to the tournament then you have to win the tournament. _
    I would argue they are worthless in college football. No poll should come out till about week 6 by then you have a better understanding of who should be near the top.

That's my point. In College Football it's very important that you have a good pre-season ranking. An example: Last year, LSU was pre-season number 2. They had two losses during the season. However, because they were rated so high pre-season, the losses never dropped them out of the top 10.

Therefore, (with a little luck) they were able to make the National Championship game.

I guarantee you if LSU would been pre-season 7 or lower, USC or Georgia would have been in the National Championship game.

That's why I say that College Football Pre-season rankings are very important.

Quote Originally Posted by LSUalum1 View Post
    _ That's my point. In College Football it's very important that you have a good pre-season ranking. An example: Last year, LSU was pre-season number 2. They had two losses during the season. However, because they were rated so high pre-season, the losses never dropped them out of the top 10.

Therefore, (with a little luck) they were able to make the National Championship game.

I guarantee you if LSU would been pre-season 7 or lower, USC or Georgia would have been in the National Championship game.

That's why I say that College Football Pre-season rankings are very important. _
    Important yes.needed no. I think they should get rid of them because they have proven screw things up. Auburn starting off to low to get anywhere near the top when Oklahoma got blown out by USC.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    Oh STOP IT ALREADY!!! :-)

igeaux.mobi
    Hey NO Cajun,

Merry Christmas!!!

Been thinking about that soup you mentioned once here - merliton, tasso and shrimp was it? It sounded like something I need to try one day.

We lost a lot of arm, I wouldn't expect to be ranked.

LSU has a baseball team?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information