Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2002-2005 Athletic Initiatives

UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Indoor Facility

Just wondering if anyone has heard any more about the Indoor Practice Facility???

Has Nelson been asked this question on the KPEL shows and/or has anyone spoken with Gerald or anyone in the KNOW??

This breaking ground would certainly bring in a better quality player!! Maybe even at this early point some BLUE CHIPPERS!!!!!

DaddyCajun!! Louisiana

DaddyCajun, i am supprise more people don't call the show when Nelson is on and pin him down about this practice facility (not just planning stage) and no one ask about the baseball coaches offices and player locker room long overdue. good luck, keep the fires burning.

There needs to be a better way to raise money @ this University.

The majority of our athletic programs are on the verge of becoming potential contenders, but are struggling with recruiting and are having financial burdens. For instance, if we had enough money to travel to say Kansas or Oklahoma every year and eventually get a home and home in basketball, we would get more money for hosting these teams, and that goes for football also. Football, believe it or not, is the major/key ingredient to all of the sports at the university. If your football team is winning, getting quality recruits and staying above water financially, then your other sports will benefit and feed from that major sport. We need to come up with better and more creative ways of getting the community to support our athletics more and stop spending all their money on LSU merchandise. With more money we could have built this immaculate sporting facility and this would have drawn the so called "blue-chippers" in. I will continue to brainstorm, because I will do whatever it takes to get the Ragin Cajuns a better financial base.

4. Default

Don't forget about State Farm and the PARTICIPATING agents that got the one gate for about 150K. I am partial to my boss Terri Landry in Abbeville. Oh yea she is my wife too, and has a graduate degree form UL.

5. Default 2 Requests for Indoor Facility

6. 1) Unless UL can garner the same kind of savings they squandered away to the Bill Cosby Indoor Track Facility, they need to go with the real deal in indoor sports surfaces, Field Turf. It cost a tad more but from everything I have read it is totally worth it, and will save ton$ down the road. click graphic above to see details. (pdf file)

7. 2) Even if UL can't afford the indoor track "right now" make the Indoor Facility large enough to house indoor track down the road.

Which turf product are they using in the Superdome?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    Unless UL can garner the same kind of savings they squandered away .
    I have heard a rumor that the field surface material for the indoor facilty may be availble free from another "state agency." If this is true, it would probably save about $600,000 that could be used for upgrading the facility. I would however,like to see field turf at the swamp. I really prefer natural grass, but I would like to make Cajun Field available for High Schools more often. An example would be the Jamboree. I like the idea of high school kids seeing the inside of Cajun Field.

10. Default

Originally posted by shof
    Which turf product are they using in the Superdome?
    Well well well what do you know? The Superdome turf is for sale. http://12.166.196.61/www.superdome.c.%2017%2004.pdf we better make a good offer.

"Which turf product are they using in the Superdome?"

A friend of mine told me it was "Sport Exceed Turf" but I could never find any information on the product.

the turf that is for sale is from last season. they again replaced the turf at the beginning of this year.

Thanks. I wondered about the superdome turf - it just looked different than some of the fields that I knew had Field Turf.

As for the Swamp, I wouldn't mind seeing the Field Turf there too. They use it on some of the high school fields here in San Antonio and it has really helped due to the high traffic (numerous teams "share" a common game facility).
    Shof

Jason,

I think the reason that the turf from last season is for sale is because that the company that produces it, went bankrupt. So, would it be a wise investment if that company no longer exists? I thought that I heard that's why they changed it out in only one year of use.

i believe you are correct sir.

16. Default

Originally posted by ChanceEncounter
    Well well well what do you know? The Superdome turf is for sale. http://12.166.196.61/www.superdome.c.%2017%2004.pdf we better make a good offer.
    I read it again and noticed three things. The bids were due October 1, 2004. It's not Sports Exceed Turf, it's SportExe. What does it mean "SportExe, has been involved in both Superdome turf projects"? If they went bankrupt how can they still be involved, and why would they have to sell if it is the same people?

Default Indoor Facility.

Anybody know if this will happen soon.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information