Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Tim Brando: Answers to your I-Bowl questions

Default Re: Tim Brando: Answers to your I-Bowl questions

Ditteaux me but past history says this one may be around awhile. lol! By the way, the Latexsters whined for 10 years after the I Bowl snubbed them.

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ Ditteaux me but past history says this one may be around awhile. lol! By the way, the Latexsters whined for 10 years after the I Bowl snubbed them. _
    I have no idea how old you are Destin but I'm getting old. I would like to go to a Cajun Bowl game before I pass on. Perhaps next year?

I've moved on from being angry or p!ssed off about it. I think there is no point in whinning anymore. It happened and it's in the past. It's HOW we move on from this. It's one thing to just let it go. It's a better thing to let it go BUT not let it happen again.

As a proud fanbase, we need to take the action and do what we as fans can do to help or assist the University in not letting something like this happen again. CajunFun has provided the neccessary names, emails, and phone numbers to call to let the powers that be in the state know that the Cajuns are tired of taking it on the chin. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by snote View Post
    _ whoaa i'm going to have to get one of those computers that comes with sound (smiles)

ps.miles

so you're putting your money on lsu are you (winks) _
    Bil having competed against LSU while at UL and knowing how arrogant those a-holes can be, I will never pull for LSU. I am a realistic person, though and know that were are only on the same level in 1 sport (softball). I do not pull for any team in Louisiana except the Cajuns no matter what. After UL my loyalties go to Texas. Hook'em Horns!!

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ This is the biggest part of this whole farce - that a large number of people in Chicago will spend Sunday evening watching NIU in the I Bowl. I hope someone can come back after the game and cite TV ratings in Chicago. _
    "The NIU Alumni Association’s new space at 12 S. Michigan, in the heart of downtown Chicago, will provide a base of operations for NIU activities in Chicago. The value of a permanent NIU presence in Chicago was reinforced by the tremendous success of recent NIU alumni programs held in Chicago. Tens of thousands of NIU alumni live and work in or near the city "

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ I do not know about most of you but I am sick and tired of hearing about us getting screwed by the I-bowl. Can we move past this? I mean, come on man! It's over and we need to focus on other things like basketball. I hate that we did not get into the game, but ESPN will own the bowl next year anyway so their committee screwed themselves out of a huge attendance. I am tired of all the _____ing about how we were screwed. We have always been the punching bag and that will more than likely not change. What we need to do is win 7 games next year, lead the Belt in attendance AGAIN and continue to support the program and help change the perception of UL. Right now we are perceived as whiners/losers who can't get it done. That needs to change in order for us to get respect within the state and the regional media. Lets just give it a rest. Good luck to NIU!!!! forget TECH!!! _
    I'm sick and tired of whining about 7 wins and the perception of others. This forum needs to be dedicated to promoting world peace and ending world hunger. Why would you wish luck to NIU?. oh you forgot to forget Tech and move past "this". and then remembered again.

This was not an Indy Bowl "we got screwed" thread. This was another lame attempt by a surrogate to blow smoke up our azzes. It just tickled a little bit. felt like scratching it. Happy Holidays!

Quote Originally Posted by LaTechDawg View Post
    _ "The NIU Alumni Association’s new space at 12 S. Michigan, in the heart of downtown Chicago, will provide a base of operations for NIU activities in Chicago. The value of a permanent NIU presence in Chicago was reinforced by the tremendous success of recent NIU alumni programs held in Chicago. Tens of thousands of NIU alumni live and work in or near the city " _
    You guys are funny. You got what you wanted or should I say almost what you wanted. What do you care about us? Go enjoy the festivities! I'm sure Shreveport is already rocking with all the Huskies fans.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Tim Brando: Answers to your I-Bowl questions

brando is the biggest tool in the world. he serves about as much purpose in sports broadcasting as musberger. blow it out your arse, tool!

Default Tim Brando: (didn't) Answer (nothing) it seems

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    This forum needs to be dedicated to promoting world peace and ending world hunger.
    Amen. speaking of such things, made me call my two "nugs" and i'm going meet them for dinner guess i'm truly reaching on a smaller scale "family peace" here whoaa to have two youngsters aaagghhh !

just one more time "Happy Holidays" ( Merry Christmas )

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Tim Brando: (didn't) Answer (nothing) it seems

Quote Originally Posted by snote View Post
    _ Amen. speaking of such things, made me call my two "nugs" and i'm going meet them for dinner guess i'm truly reaching on a smaller scale "family peace" here whoaa to have two youngsters aaagghhh !

just one more time "Happy Holidays" ( Merry Christmas ) _
    Excellent choice. hang in there. I'm spending the evening with my dad. turned 80 today.

Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ Excellent choice. hang in there. I'm spending the evening with my dad. turned 80 today.

Merry Christmas! _
    God bless you. Appreciate him while you can.

The best thing UL did for me, which far outstrips my degree, is strengthen the bond between my dad and me.

He felt guilty that he didn't spend enough time with me as a kid (which I never thought), and gave me a birthday present of two season football tickets. He couldn't get me interested in golf, and believe me I tried my best to please him in that. I chose him as the one to go with me and we made up for lost time over a period of many years. Mom would make a big pregame meal and it was a perfect evening regardless of the score. The fellowship outstripped the outcome of the games, so if UL wants a marketing strategy, use this one.

I'm 53 years old and my dad is still my hero. Those games meant a lot. They still mean a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by LaTechDawg View Post
    Tens of thousands of NIU alumni live and work in or near the city _

That means they have about half as many alum as the Cajuns have in the city of Houston

so what?

The game is televised nationally, this market-Chicago garbage is being spread around by the I-Bowl appologists and LaTex fans who are embarrassed by the fact that Dooly is needlediiq. and Lwmakers in the Acadiana area have this one snuffed out. the bankrupt sponsorless I-Bowl will get no money from the state, and that scares those dozens of people who LOVE the Ibowl.

Our AD has cancelled the baseball series and more cancelleations with LaTex are coming soon, this AFTER he met with Dooley. He is what he is, and LaTex did what they did.

When every in state school refuses to play Latek is it because Latex is taking the high road?

Good riddence.

Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    _ God bless you. Appreciate him while you can.

The best thing UL did for me, which far outstrips my degree, is strengthen the bond between my dad and me.

He felt guilty that he didn't spend enough time with me as a kid (which I never thought), and gave me a birthday present of two season football tickets. He couldn't get me interested in golf, and believe me I tried my best to please him in that. I chose him as the one to go with me and we made up for lost time over a period of many years. Mom would make a big pregame meal and it was a perfect evening regardless of the score. The fellowship outstripped the outcome of the games, so if UL wants a marketing strategy, use this one.

I'm 53 years old and my dad is still my hero. Those games meant a lot. They still mean a lot. _
    Thanks for the story about your dad. My dad is my hero as well. I feel very fortunate to be able to say that and mean it. (not really sure about RC90's comments. must be something personal). My dad and I had some tuff times. that's for sure. I'm blessed, however, with two very fine people as parents.

Anyhow. UL marketing strategy?. "strategy?". "put $10 on number 32 and number 6 straight up. come on 32. come on 6. baby needs a new pair of shoes." JMO

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information