Thread: Art Museum news

Default The OTHER Art Museum

A couple of weeks ago, I posted about the coming $15.7 million UL Art Museum.

What many people do not realize is, that 4 months before that museum opens, the new downtown art museum will open. It will be in the old LBA building.

In addition to an exhibit space, it will have a performance theatre, and radio and TV broadcast hookups.

Anyway, from September 30 to January 4, to inaugurate the new museum and to celebrate the Bicentennial of the Louisiana Purchase, the UL Art Museum will bring in 72 Rodins from the Iris & B. Gerald Cantor collection to the downtown space.

This will overlap the opening of the campus museum by two weeks, as the 200 year French retrospective will run from December 20 to April 1.

My understanding is that both shows will need reservations. If you want to bring in visitors for the two week overlap, I would suggest you get ticketed reservations as soon as you can.

Default ANOTHER Museum

Downtown Lafayette will have yet ANOTHER museum. The City-Parish Council approved funing for it last night.

It will be managed and staffed in part by UL faculty, staff, & students.

http://www.acadiananow.com/html/9DE7.E4AA21C8.shtml

Staffed by UL? How is UL involved?

Thread Information