Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2009 UL Baseball Schedule.No LA Tech

UL Baseball 2009 UL Baseball Schedule.No LA Tech

I just noticed (and maybe this has been discussed and I am late to the party) but the 2009 UL Baseball Schedule has been updated on the site.

WE DO NOT PLAY LA TECH ANY MORE ON THE SCHEDULE!!!!

We had games scheduled with LA Tech on Feb 24 (away) and March 18 (home).

http://www.ragincajuns.com/SportSele.72&SPSID=67292

Default Re: Updated 2009 UL Baseball Schedule.No LA Tech

I like it. If they don't want to "lower" themselves for us in football, then they don't get us in any sport. If that is indeed the reason why we aren't playing them.

I think we should start putting our foot down (in baseball) in regards to LSU and Tulane. No more 1 game at the Box or 1 game in BR and one in NOLA. Only home and home. If we can get Nebraska to come down for a 4 game series, we should be able to get LSU and Tulane at the Tigue as well.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    If we can get Nebraska to come down for a 4 game series, we should be able to get LSU and Tulane at the Tigue as well. _
    Unfortunately, the situation is more complicated than that. Home field advantage is important, and when schools that are (very) near by come in to play us, they risk losing. And losing to uber-regional teams hurts recruiting/perception.

I'll give you two situations, and I'll ask which one would make more of a negative recruiting impact. Nebraska losing 3 out of 4 to UL in baseball, or Tulane losing 2 out of 3 to UL in baseball?

The answer is Tulane's recruiting efforts would be hindered, while Nebraska's will not change. That is the reason they don't want to schedule us. They don't have to. Apparently they have plenty of money, and a perrenial top 50 school in baseball right down the road doesn't serve them.

Yes, but that is the easy way out . Teams will be better served creating rivalries against good competition and putting fans in the seats . Any coaches
    job is to create interest for their sport. If you are afraid of the outcome, you should be doing something else. There is nothing wrong with losing occasionally to a good program. Nobody will dominate such a matchup, so you can always wait until next game for another shot. Coach Robichaux
    is smart enough to realize this and schedules the games for the good of the program. But i agree, i don't know how long i could continue such an arrangement. The word is that LSU is willing to come back to Lafayette in the near future. As far as La Tech, there is no doubt that they too , think that they are better than they are, and their narrow minded actions will only hurt them . All of the in state schools should schedule each other on a home & home basis, it's only good business. It would seem that the AD's would have enough smarts to correct this.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuluCajun View Post
    _ Yes, but that is the easy way out . Teams will be better served creating rivalries against good competition and putting fans in the seats . Any coaches
    job is to create interest for their sport. If you are afraid of the outcome, you should be doing something else. There is nothing wrong with losing occasionally to a good program. Nobody will dominate such a matchup, so you can always wait until next game for another shot. Coach Robichaux
    is smart enough to realize this and schedules the games for the good of the program. But i agree, i don't know how long i could continue such an arrangement. The word is that LSU is willing to come back to Lafayette in the near future. As far as La Tech, there is no doubt that they too , think that they are better than they are, and their narrow minded actions will only hurt them . All of the in state schools should schedule each other on a home & home basis, it's only good business. It would seem that the AD's would have enough smarts to correct this. _
    The decision not to play Tech was soley ours. We sent the contracts back without signatures after discussions took place between our AD's. We don't need to play them in Baseball, Softball or Basketball. Our RPI is taditionally better in all three sports and we can find equal or better programs to play.

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    _ I like it. If they don't want to "lower" themselves for us in football, then they don't get us in any sport. If that is indeed the reason why we aren't playing them.

I think we should start putting our foot down (in baseball) in regards to LSU and Tulane. No more 1 game at the Box or 1 game in BR and one in NOLA. Only home and home. If we can get Nebraska to come down for a 4 game series, we should be able to get LSU and Tulane at the Tigue as well. _
    Amen bro I love Tony but he has to stop being Mr Conciliator with a&m@br They caused all the #@$@ a few years ago. They said no more games. Fine. Despite a subpar year least year we are an established baseball team and should not bow to ANYONE.

As for Tech. good riddance. Go play utah or somebody

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    _ The decision not to play Tech was soley ours. We sent the contracts back without signatures after discussions took place between our AD's. We don't need to play them in Baseball, Softball or Basketball. Our RPI is taditionally better in all three sports and we can find equal or better programs to play. _

Couldn't be said any better!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Updated 2009 UL Baseball Schedule.No LA Tech

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    _ Amen bro I love Tony but he has to stop being Mr Conciliator with a&m@br They caused all the #@$@ a few years ago. They said no more games. Fine. Despite a subpar year least year we are an established baseball team and should not bow to ANYONE.

As for Tech. good riddance. Go play utah or somebody _
    Now, because you want lsu to come to Tigue Moore Field, you have to say Coach Robe needs to stop being Mr. Conciliator. Hey, lay off, the man knows what he is doing. When we can beat them there consistantly, then we can make demands. Let lsu play their mind games. We need to beat them where ever to demand things. Remember, they are the legislators darlings and can do no wrong. Our day will come.

GEAUX CAJUNS.

9. Default Re: Updated 2009 UL Baseball Schedule.No LA Tech

I went to their website to purchase UL/LSwho? baseball tickets and did not see anything. I do not want to wait too long and risk not getting any. Last year the game was sold out well in advance (the only game to sell out by the way). I mean, since no tiger fans care about us little cajuns and "there is no rivalry". We had to call in favors to get tickets. Does anyone know if at least the Zephyr tickets are available now?

The decision not to play Tech was soley ours. We sent the contracts back without signatures after discussions took place between our AD's. We don't need to play them in Baseball, Softball or Basketball. Our RPI is taditionally better in all three sports and we can find equal or better programs to play.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Updated 2009 UL Baseball Schedule.No LA Tech

_ The decision not to play Tech was soley ours. We sent the contracts back without signatures after discussions took place between our AD's. We don't need to play them in Baseball, Softball or Basketball. Our RPI is taditionally better in all three sports and we can find equal or better programs to play. _
    Unfortunately, that's the EXACT attitude lsua&mc@br and toolame take toward US.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Cool. separation. I hope we can stick to our guns and just agree not schedule anything. They don't care. We don't care. Done.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    _ Unfortunately, that's the EXACT attitude lsua&mc@br and toolame take toward US. _
    Unfortunately when you are dealing with an a**whole on the other end of the phone, the action was justified! The action has everything to do with attitude, theirs!

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    _ Unfortunately, that's the EXACT attitude lsua&mc@br and toolame take toward US. _
    Not the same in this case, Jack. Tech took the first step by making various excuses over the past few years for not playing us in football. Then they state that they are too "elite" to play anyone in our conference. The I-bowl snub and their efforts to ensure the opponent would nto be from the Belt was the last straw. This action is just an attempt to accomodate their desire to not associate with us since they deem us unworthy.

Well They got what they wanted right?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information