Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: TiC: Who’s to blame for UL’s bowl snub?

Default Re: TiC: Who’s to blame for UL’s bowl snub?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    I can certainly take a joke. And I can also take an occasional laugh at my own expense.

No problems here. A mildly interesting read.
    Same here. Some people are reacting like the L'Staters did to the piece dealing with 1001 reasons to hate LSUAMCBR they ran a couple of years ago.

USL (1960-1983)  (1985-1998) Re: TiC: Who’s to blame for UL’s bowl snub?

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    _ all I can say is Why? I hate these little attempts on the part of sports writers to make jokes about UL's misshaps. All they do is stir the pot and mark up another jab at the football program that (besides us) everyone in the state loves to hate. And of course cue the LSU fans with the usual "accept what you are" and the "UL will never be good. Period". But we wanted more media coverage, we got it. _
    The reason a lot of people don't like you is because you whine too much. Always bragging about how good you are going to be and when things don't go well you blame it on LSU or something college in the state. I don't think LSU gives crap about ULL other than an easy win in football once every few years. Why don't you just whip LSU's butt next time you play them in football and really give them something to worry about. Until then quit whining.

USL (1960-1983)  (1985-1998) Re: TiC: Who’s to blame for UL’s bowl snub?

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ I don't see what the big deal is. The dude's a local skid mark. Skid marks write these kind of satirical articles. Thinking about it, from outside the UL perspective, it is kind of "funny". Stupid. but funny. Really. does this guy or this rag matter? I was kind of surprised that a Tech fan-friend sent this to me hot off the press. and he doesn't have anything to do with the Independent or Lafayette. This article cracked them up. of course.

We, UL, are becoming notorious for being major whiners. The only way we are ever going to get this kind of punk junk off our backs is to accomplish more in athletics. Look, it's sad that you have to comb your hair and wear a clean shirt to a job interview. "why don't they just admire me for my GPA and hire me". well, the world doesn't work that way. you can't have bad breath and a stain on your shirt and expect to get respected. We need to kick our athletics up to half way where we perceive ourselves. and this kind of stuff will stop bothering us. _
    Thank you for saying that ULL fans are getting notorious for being whiners because that is how you are preceived by the rest of the state and by the way your own conference. I have a friend who works at Arkansas State and he says several people in the athletic department were happy to see you guys get snubbed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information