Thread: Missing link for Ragin' Cajuns basketball team

1. UL Basketball Missing link for Ragin' Cajuns basketball team

In his first two games at UL since becoming eligible, UNLV transfer Lamar Roberson has shown some of the all-around game that made him a heralded recruit out of high school.

After finishing with eight points and two assists in Saturday's 85-58 win over Louisiana College, Roberson came up even bigger for the Cajuns in their Sun Belt opener Monday. The 6-foot-8 junior chipped in 15 points and four assists in 19 minutes off the bench against UL Monroe, helping UL roll to an 86-58 win at the Cajundome.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • December 17, 2008

Default Re: Missing link for Ragin' Cajuns basketball team

Roberson is definately athletic and has a nice shot, but he made some bone headed turnovers against ULM. If he gets those turnovers under control, he could be a big time player for us.

Quote Originally Posted by nutz View Post
    _ Roberson is definately athletic and has a nice shot, but he made some bone headed turnovers against ULM. If he gets those turnovers under control, he could be a big time player for us. _

I just think he is trying too hard to provide the spark. I don't think it is selfishness or anything, he just seems like he wants to help the team. What i like more about him is that he tends to lead on the court. He communicates with everyone and they all had an extra hop in their step when he was in the game. He gets everyone fired up and I like that. This team played with much more continuity on Monday than recently and I think that is why they will improve greatly.

UL Basketball Re: Missing link for Ragin' Cajuns basketball team

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    This team played with much more continuity on Monday than recently and I think that is why they will improve greatly.
    I could not have said it better Zephyr, I think the next few years should be fun.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Wow. how fast things can change.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ Wow. how fast things can change. _

Are you referring to your renewed optimism towards the athletic program??

Thread Information