Thread: UL baseball finishes in top 10 in final polls

1. UL Baseball UL baseball finishes in top 10 in final polls

The Ragin' Cajuns are ranked sixth in the Perfect Game poll, seventh in the Baseball America poll, tied for eighth in the USA Today coaches' poll and ninth in the Collegiate Baseball poll.

Default Re: UL baseball finishes in top 10 in final polls

WOW! Nearly all the pollsters STILL put us in the top 8, even without us making Omaha! What a great tribute to our team and the season they had!

Quote Originally Posted by NickatNite View Post
    WOW! Nearly all the pollsters STILL put us in the top 8, even without us making Omaha! What a great tribute to our team and the season they had!
    Exactly, all some people saw is that we dropped a long ways because of a game. This teams body of works speaks for itself.

4. Default Re: UL baseball finishes in top 10 in final polls

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Exactly, all some people saw is that we dropped a long ways because of a game. This teams body of works speaks for itself.
    Me.

I think UL should be somewhere like 5th

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Me.

I think UL should be somewhere like 5th
    Wasn't referring to you, but some people thought we should still be in the top 3 of the polls. I do not remember if it was on here or on facebook. I think anything 8 or lower (or higher depending on how you look at it 7, 6, 5 etc) shows the respect this team had from the voters.

6. Default Re: UL baseball finishes in top 10 in final polls

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Wasn't referring to you, but some people thought we should still be in the top 3 of the polls. I do not remember if it was on here or on facebook. I think anything 8 or lower (or higher depending on how you look at it 7, 6, 5 etc) shows the respect this team had from the voters.
    Of the CWS teams I only see UL coming up short possibly against Ole Miss, Vanderbilt or Virginia.

That would make 4th but I leave open the possibility of some other entrant getting the best of UL so I picked 5th.

At the same time UL wasn't there so I will never know, but they were just two innings away from knowing.

Thread Information