Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sam Houston's Head Baseball

Default Sam Houston's Head Baseball

There is a rumor swirling on a Sam message board that Texas State pitching coach Jeremy Fikac will be named the new Head Baseball coach at Sam. A lot of their fans are not buying the rumor, but at least part of that looks like it is because they are hoping that it is not true. It's the first I have heard of a decision being made, hope it is true because it would help to keep Deggs here at least one more season.

Default Re: Sam Houston's Head Baseball

Yep, and buy some time to get more RCAF donations to up both Baseball and Softball Head coaches pay and their staff!

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    Yep, and buy some time to get more RCAF donations to up both Baseball and Softball Head coaches pay and their staff!
    I'm not saying the assistants don't need better pay but this isn't about money. It's about getting to be a head coach in your backyard. Degg's wouldn't be making significantly more at Sam Houston than he does currently here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    I'm not saying the assistants don't need better pay but this isn't about money. It's about getting to be a head coach in your backyard. Degg's wouldn't be making significantly more at Sam Houston than he does currently here.
    The job at Sam Houston would have paid him more than what Robe is making, so I am told, and I trust my source.

I'm sure he'd like a head coaching gig, but if he has to take a large pay cut to get it he might think twice. We owe it to him and this program to make his decision to leave very difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    The job at Sam Houston would have paid him more than what Robe is making, so I am told, and I trust my source.
    Let me correct something from my previous post. My understanding is there is an offer for Deggs that make the gap between his current pay and what Sam Houston would offer not be so significant. Sam Houston currently pays Pierce around $110 K which I believe is slightly more than Robe currently makes on base. So we might both be right.

Let me correct something from my previous post. My understanding is there is an offer for Deggs that make the gap between his current pay and what Sam Houston would offer not be so significant. Sam Houston currently pays Pierce around $110 K which I believe is slightly more than Robe currently makes on base. So we might both be right.
    Yes, not sure about the exact numbers, I do hope he stays.

Still can't get over 110k for Robe.

Man, where do you think we are going to come up with the ability to pay Robe or Lotief much more thanwe already pay them? It certainly is not coming from me or most of you! I wish I took home what Robe makes. And I spend about $4 to 5000.00 a year at UL. maybe the students should pay more for my fun! That's a great idea!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ImperialCajun View Post
    Man, where do you think we are going to come up with the ability to pay Robe or Lotief much more thanwe already pay them? It certainly is not coming from me or most of you! I wish I took home what Robe makes. And I spend about $4 to 5000.00 a year at UL. maybe the students should pay more for my fun! That's a great idea!!!
    I hear you. That's always my first question when people say we need a new ______ or we need to spend more on ______. I don't have an answer for you. I don't know where the money will come from.

People get on Scott Farmer's case for all kinds of stupid crap but keeping good coaches is solely his responsibility. This is where he earns his paycheck. He has done it before for Marlin, Lotief, and Hud. It's time to pull another rabbit out of the hat for Deggs too.

Quote Originally Posted by aBuckfromLuck View Post
    Baseball coaches don't make tons of money like Football and Basketball coaches do.

And lets be honest, when both you and your boss know you aren't going anywhere you aren't going to make as much money as someone who is willing to look elsewhere.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by aBuckfromLuck View Post
    Surely UL can afford to share MORE than the total gate from 5 home games.

Hud is basically getting half the gate. Deservedly so, I might add.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    I hear you. That's always my first question when people say we need a new ______ or we need to spend more on ______. I don't have an answer for you. I don't know where the money will come from.

People get on Scott Farmer's case for all kinds of stupid crap but keeping good coaches is solely his responsibility. This is where he earns his paycheck. He has done it before for Marlin, Lotief, and Hud. It's time to pull another rabbit out of the hat for Deggs too.
    Like what Reb? State your case. What "stupid" crap?

Z

If he goes it will be because he wants to be a head coach.AND because he will make substantially more.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Like what Reb? State your case. What "stupid" crap?

Z

Yea.asleep at the wheel as conferences were realigning was NOT."stupid crap".

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information