Thread: Not LaTech! They are prestige!!!

UL Football Not LaTech! They are prestige!!!

Check this out! Looks like someone has a different opinion about that up and coming program in Ruston:

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/co.asp?CID=886661

Put it this way, this was the picture next to the subject "Worst College Bowl Game"

Attached Images Attached Images  

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Not LaTech! They are prestige!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ulforlife View Post
    I would ease up on that front. I'd bet they'd have the same "ranking" of the game if we'd got in.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    _ I would ease up on that front. I'd bet they'd have the same "ranking" of the game if we'd got in. _
    When they thought we were coming in a few fans were crying how they would not be able to showcase their elite talent against a 6-6 belch team. I can't wait to watch them get beat in front of 27,000 in their own backyard by a 6-6 MAC team.

_ I would ease up on that front. I'd bet they'd have the same "ranking" of the game if we'd got in. _
    I have not stated anything except what has been reported in the article.

I will however say that if the Cajuns were in this bowl, it may not be ranked any higher but Fenroy is indeed "NFL caliber"

Go NIU

Yes, if we were in the storyline for the whole bowl would be "come see fenroy, Ncaa record holder, nfl player next year (possibly for detroit?)"

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    When they thought we were coming in a few fans were crying how they would not be able to showcase their elite talent against a 6-6 belch team. I can't wait to watch them get beat in front of 27,000 in their own backyard by a 6-6 MAC team.
    I seriously doubt there will be as much as 27000 people at the Independence Bowl. Now, they may announce 40000, but they will be lying

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ I seriously doubt there will be as much as 27000 people at the Independence Bowl. Now, they may announce 40000, but they will be lying _
    All's I'm saying is that the Shreveport Walmart better stock up on its FEMA tarp, there's gonna be a big run, particularly on the Tech blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ I seriously doubt there will be as much as 27000 people at the Independence Bowl. Now, they may announce 40000, but they will be lying _

Well, they may not be lying. If a cold front is passing through that day and it's raining and cold, they'll just be hiding under the tarps.

The "rankings" are totally predictable just like most everything that comes out of the national media and ESPN etc. - the bigger your name the better you are, blah, blah blah.

I don't care who you or where you are, the Troy vs. So. Miss game has the makings of a war. That's one I really want to see. Go Trojans.

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ The "rankings" are totally predictable just like most everything that comes out of the national media and ESPN etc. - the bigger your name the better you are, blah, blah blah.

I don't care who you or where you are, the Troy vs. So. Miss game has the makings of a war. That's one I really want to see. Go Trojans. _
    I'm kind of interested in Oklahoma vs Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ I'm kind of interested in Oklahoma vs Florida. _
    I think Troy will demolish USM. The games I'm most interested in (other than the one you mention) are TCU/Boise and Ole' Miss/TTU. TCU only lost to Oklahoma and Utah and Ole' is hot.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ I'm kind of interested in Oklahoma vs Florida. _

Super Bowl Jr. Should be interesting.

.the bigger your name the better you are, blah, blah blah.
    Tell me again why the change from USL to UL.

I can't say it's THE game I want to see, but the NO Bowl should be a good match up and I hope to catch it.

I'm sorry it didn't work out for your seniors. The program status might not meet the expectations of some, but there can be little doubt that this group of your seniors have helped to raise the football program to a higher level than where it was before their arrival and seeing them rewarded for their effort would have been a nice touch. imo

As to the I-Bowl, they took one Louisiana school and I can't really blame them for not taking two.
    [/I]

Quote Originally Posted by 4LSU View Post
    As to the I-Bowl, they took one Louisiana school and I can't really blame them for not taking two.[/I][/I] _
    Why would a LSUAMCBR fan. Do you have a dog in this fight? Did you happen to notice they took a 6-6 NIU over UL. NIU stands for Northern Illinois University not Clemson or North Carolina, etc. The Independence Bowl people have to really be incredibly stupid if they believe this is a better match up in any respect than a UL - LATEX game.

Well, they made their bed and now they have to lie in it. LATEX has too.

_ Why would a LSUAMCBR fan. Do you have a dog in this fight? Did you happen to notice they took a 6-6 NIU over UL. NIU stands for Northern Illinois University not Clemson or North Carolina, etc. The Independence Bowl people have to really be incredibly stupid if they believe this is a better match up in any respect than a UL - LATEX game.

Well, they made their bed and now they have to lie in it. LATEX has too. _
    I hear you.

Thread Information