Thread: No Bowl in 2008

Default No Bowl in 2008

Time to clean up the house.

There's far too much stench of large cat urine.

Default Re: Hey, Turbine.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post
    _ Time to clean up the house.

There's far too much stench of large cat urine. _
    amen!

Good grief!! Can't we accept anything on our own merits/demerits without blaming lsua&m@br? I am certainly not a fan of br, but does a 6-6 really earn a bowl? I would have been the first to buy tickets but I, disappointedly, understand why we are staying home. Let's earn a bowl next year. How about 7 wins?

Quote Originally Posted by raoul View Post
    _ Good grief!! Can't we accept anything on our own merits/demerits without blaming lsua&m@br? I am certainly not a fan of br, but does a 6-6 really earn a bowl? I would have been the first to buy tickets but I, disappointedly, understand why we are staying home. Let's earn a bowl next year. How about 7 wins? _
    Not blaming them, just there have been a lot of br trolls on here this evening. The disappointment is that while 6-6 might not be "earning" a bowl bid, the fact is a number of 6-6 teams did get a bowl invitation. Of all the 72 "bowl eligible" teams, including 6-6 teams, only 4 are staying home. That why there is such disappointment. That's all.

Let's get real, come down to earth and support the team for at least 7 wins next year!!!!

I think our program needs to look in the mirror for the reason why we aren't playing in a bowl game.

Quote Originally Posted by raoul View Post
    _ Let's get real, come down to earth and support the team for at least 7 wins next year!!!! _
    At least 7, let's not forget Troy stayed home last year with 8. This year plenty of the "major conferences" could not fill their spots, we missed a golden opportunity this year to get a bowl berth absent winning the conference. Next year.who knows.

So, did NIU earn theirs? How about FAU? That's why i'm upset. It's not getting passed over for a bowl. It's the fact that not only are we running as fast as we can on a treadmill to nowhere, but tech screwed us and our conference office let us down. Anyone else hopeful for the future? I'm tired of trying to convince myself that 6-6 or even 7-5 is ok. I'm tired of getting my hopes up that next year will be any different.
    igeaux.mobi

I'm interested to see what the Conference has to say. After getting more bowl tie-ins and now none of us getting in. I'm not going to say they didn't do anything in the last 72 or 48 hours to lobby because I wasn't there and I don't know that they didn't do it. BUT if they were just sitting at home waiting to see who was picked like all of us were then there is a problem. Whats the point of being in a conference if you aren't going to have any representation.

Look I was optimistic but when taking off my vermilion glasses, a 6-6 sunbelt team isn't all that sexy. We all heard that South Arkansas Tech made the stipulation that if the I bowl picked a belt team they would back out. So what is the result? We are staying home while SA Tech tries to figure out how to market a bowl game that will not be watched by anyone on TV and maybe 15,000 in the stadium. As apose to a "rivalry" game with a 35-45K crowd with actual atmoshere in the stadium. I'm sure this bowl will be remembered for years to come.

Any Cajuns going to write a letter to the editor of the Shreveport Times (and would they publish it) ?

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    _ I'm interested to see what the Conference has to say. After getting more bowl tie-ins and now none of us getting in. I'm not going to say they didn't do anything in the last 72 or 48 hours to lobby because I wasn't there and I don't know that they didn't do it. BUT if they were just sitting at home waiting to see who was picked like all of us were then there is a problem. Whats the point of being in a conference if you aren't going to have any representation.

Look I was optimistic but when taking off my vermilion glasses, a 6-6 sunbelt team isn't all that sexy. We all heard that South Arkansas Tech made the stipulation that if the I bowl picked a belt team they would back out. So what is the result? We are staying home while SA Tech tries to figure out how to market a bowl game that will not be watched by anyone on TV and maybe 15,000 in the stadium. As apose to a "rivalry" game with a 35-45K crowd with actual atmoshere in the stadium. I'm sure this bowl will be remembered for years to come. _

Thread Information