Thread: to hell with the independence bowl!!!

Default to hell with the independence bowl!!!

Why have a conference "tie in" with a bowl if they won't use it? The UL system should have jumped in and told those dumb_____es what to do.instead they pick Northern Illinois? Man those redneck techsters sure are scared of the little old SBC!!!! Wussies!!!!!

Default Re: to hell with the independence bowl!!!

to hell with the motor city boel too.FAU? 3rd place over 2nd place?

Didn't your dad ever tell you never to burn your bridges?

So someone explain why the deal we signed with the Independence Bowl does not apply. I understand if they got WMU who had 7 wins and had to be taken over us, but after that, aren't we supposed to get the next bid??? If the conferences scheduled cannot fill their slots, aren't we the first choice??? WTH is going on???

NEW ORLEANS (AP) — The Sun Belt Conference announced Tuesday that it has signed agreements with the St. Petersburg Bowl, the Papajohns.com Bowl and the PetroSun Independence Bowl.

The announcement came at the Sun Belt's annual football media days.

The agreements are effective immediately and will affect the 2008 and 2009 bowl games.

The terms call for bowl-eligible teams from the Sun Belt Conference to be the first available teams in these bowls if other conferences cannot fulfill their requirements.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle.contract_N.htm

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    _ Didn't your dad ever tell you never to burn your bridges? _
    Too much flaming going on. I understand being disappointed. But if we're going to blame anyone, let's look in the mirror first. Six wins in the lowest-ranked D1A conference is a recipe for watching the bowls on TV. I think the SBC has come a long way and I don't think there is a huge difference among the SBC, MAC, WAC, and (to some degree) CUSA. I know a few of the best teams from those leagues are better than most of our league, but overall most of the teams in all of those leagues are generally interchangeable, Tech's "elitist" views aside.

I am very disappointed too. I really felt that, with only 4 teams going to be left out, we had a great shot with the number of 6-6 teams available. I knew that the last ones picked would probably come from the SBC, MAC, & WAC (UL, FAU, Ark. St., Bowling Green, Northern Ill., & San Jose St.). I thought we'd come out among the top of that group. I think being from Louisiana hurt us in the I Bowl, since they already had LA Tech. I don't care what Tech mouthed off about, I don't think we are out because of them.

Can anyone explain what I said above to me?? Didn't we sign a LEGAL CONTRACT with the bowl to get in over another 6-6??? Maybe there's something in the actual wording that we can't see, but it seems pretty clear to me.

Apparently the contract was only to be used if we were a 7 win team. We don't know the wording about a 6 win team, and by how things panned out, the contract probably allowed the bowls to get out of it if there was not a 7 win team.

Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaCajun View Post
    _ Apparently the contract was only to be used if we were a 7 win team. We don't know the wording about a 6 win team, and by how things panned out, the contract probably allowed the bowls to get out of it if there was not a 7 win team. _
    Well I guess all the articles I read that said "bowl eligible" should have been more accurate. Oh well, either way we cut it it sucks.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: to hell with the independence bowl!!!

The novelty of 2008 Independence Bowl------
    La Tech & NIU play in the last one ever.

It will go BROKE!!!!!! BANKRUPT!!!!!! KAPUT!!!!! GONE!!!!! GOODBYE!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    _ to hell with the motor city boel too.FAU? 3rd place over 2nd place? _
    Not that this will make you feel better, but sunbeltsports.org lists FAU as 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    _ Why have a conference "tie in" with a bowl if they won't use it? The UL system should have jumped in and told those dumb_____es what to do.instead they pick Northern Illinois? Man those redneck techsters sure are scared of the little old SBC!!!! Wussies!!!!! _
    So LaNeck has more pull than the entire SBC ? Apparently they do.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    _ Didn't your dad ever tell you never to burn your bridges? _
    How about dropping a FIVE MEGA-TON BOMB ON THE SUCKER!??

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Cmon now.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    _ Cmon now. _
    didn't notice the smileys??

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by KAjunRaider View Post
    _ So LaNeck has more pull than the entire SBC ? Apparently they do. _
    In Shreveport. yes they do. No matter what else surfaces. it was a group crime. It doesn't matter whose holding the gun in an armed robbery. everyone involved. even the guy driving the car. is busted for armed robbery. if caught.

Wright Waters, the SBC, and our administration. once again. brought a knife to a gun fight. We've prowdly sharpened knives all our days, while others stockpile football bowl weapons of mass destruction.

Thread Information