Thread: Sunbelt Coach of the Year should.

1. Default Sunbelt Coach of the Year should.

go to Mario Christobal at FIU. After being one of the worst college football teams in the country 2 years ago, FIU finish 5-7 this year with wins over Arkie State, Toledo, UNT, Middle and WKU and just missed a couple of wins vs USF, ULM and FAU. This team could have easily been bowl eligible. Watch out for them next season!!!!

Great job Coach Christobal

Default Re: Sunbelt Coach of the Year should.

Hopefully he can teach his players how to play with a little class next year.

igeaux.mobi

Sunbelt Re: Sunbelt Coach of the Year should.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    _ Hopefully he can teach his players how to play with a little class next year.

igeaux.mobi _
    You took the words out of my mouth.

Louisiana S-Club Re: Sunbelt Coach of the Year should.

What about Ricky Bustle? We were picked to finish near the bottom of the SBC. We finished 2nd. We may make a bowl game for the first time in 38 years. And the Cajuns not only play hard but with class! Isn't that a direct reflection of the Coach? Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    _ What about Ricky Bustle? We were picked to finish near the bottom of the SBC. We finished 2nd. We may make a bowl game for the first time in 38 years. And the Cajuns not only play hard but with class! Isn't that a direct reflection of the Coach? Just a thought. _
    Yep!

RICKY BUSTLE??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????

Why not a "chocolate-covered dog turd."?????

Sure it is terrible, and should have been flushed a few years ago, but this year we accidently tripped into a chocolate vat.

7. Default Re: Sunbelt Coach of the Year should.

Quote Originally Posted by tdncz View Post
    RICKY BUSTLE??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????

Why not a "chocolate-covered dog turd."?????

Sure it is terrible, and should have been flushed a few years ago, but this year we accidently tripped into a chocolate vat.
    ????
    We tripped into an injury riddled season. I would not describe our season as a field trip to willy wonkas house. Furthermore, there is no luck, just hard work and preparation. Not that I think that bustle is the best coach ever, but to say they were some how lucky this season is a bit short sided (which is a nice way of saying stupid)

Instead of "we" tripped into it, I should have said, "he" tripped into it. In other words, acknowledging the hard work of one of the best teams we have had in twenty years, it was a coaching problem that we did not do MUCH better. I stand by my analogy: Bustle is a turd and notwithstanding his poor coaching, HE lucked into getting our guys a shot at a bowl game.

Coach of the year, hands down, is Larry Blakeney.

He lost ALL of his skill people from last season, more than 80% of their offense was replaced, and they win the league? Going away?

Dude is awesome.

Think about it another way. It would be similar to the Cajuns going 8-4 NEXT season, and competing for the title without Desmo, Chery, and Fenroy.

If that would happen, and they didn't give Bustle the award, they may as well quit giving the thing away, because it would be meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    _ What about Ricky Bustle? We were picked to finish near the bottom of the SBC. We finished 2nd. We may make a bowl game for the first time in 38 years. And the Cajuns not only play hard but with class! Isn't that a direct reflection of the Coach? Just a thought. _
    Yea right.

Thread Information