Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ECU over Tulsa

Default Re: ECU over Tulsa

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Johnny, once again the Tech people don't have a clue. You are not going to get Tulsa! But lets see what happens Sunday. You know the old saying, be careful what you ask for?
    I'm not hearing from Tech people T. You're right though, all will be known tomorrow. But, for the record, if the I-Bowl ends up with WMU, it will have nothing to do with Tech not wanting to play a Belt team. You can take that to the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    _ I'm not hearing from Tech people T. You're right though, all will be known tomorrow. But, for the record, if the I-Bowl ends up with WMU, it will have nothing to do with Tech not wanting to play a Belt team. You can take that to the bank. _
    We are going to disagree on that one bud. I've seen ArkSt fans post on your board and he is right, our administration has been told the same thing. That's two seperate sources right there, you can go to the bank with it.

We are going to disagree on that one bud. I've seen ArkSt fans post on your board and he is right, our administration has been told the same thing. That's two seperate sources right there, you can go to the bank with it.
    I'm not saying that it's not true that Tech doesn't want to play a Belt team. That is true. I'm saying that position won't have anything to do with getting WMU.

_ I'm not saying that it's not true that Tech doesn't want to play a Belt team. That is true. I'm saying that position won't have anything to do with getting WMU. _
    After today, no it won't have anything to do with it.

After today, no it won't have anything to do with it.
    I can also say with confidence that if the "choice" was between WMU and UL, the I-Bowl would select UL (and I would imagine Tech officials would support that decision.not that it matters). The only way WMU ends up at Indy is if Indy draws the short straw.

_ I can also say with confidence that if the "choice" was between WMU and UL, the I-Bowl would select UL (and I would imagine Tech officials would support that decision.not that it matters). The only way WMU ends up at Indy is if Indy draws the short straw. _
    by the way CajunT is talking.it sounds like yall drew the short straw.

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    by the way CajunT is talking.it sounds like yall drew the short straw.
    The I-Bowl is not "we". Never has been, never will be. Contentious is the nicest word to use for Tech's relationship with the I-Bowl. THEY may draw the short straw, but it hasn't happened yet. They've got just as good a chance as every other bowl with an open slot. WMU will be forced on somebody and it won't have anything to do with the wishes of the bowl. All that to say, Tech's opposition to a sunbelt team will have nothing to do with where WMU goes.

Why does everyone not want w mich anyway?
    igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    _ Why does everyone not want w mich anyway?
    igeaux.mobi _
    I would think they will not travel well outside of Michigan. I don't think we would travel well outside of a 8 hour drive. WMU in Shreveport? They would be begging us to go to Shreveport.

But is Wmu that much uglier an option than every other 6-6 team?
    igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    _ Why does everyone not want w mich anyway?
    igeaux.mobi _
    O.K. quick name W. Mich.'s mascot and and city they play their home games in?

I have a question, is there any chance that Western Mich. would decline a bowl bid because they would not bring 1000 fans and stand to lose money?

Um, guess you have a point.
    igeaux.mobi

I think they are the Mustangs and they have extremely ugly uniforms. I think thats what I used to read on the Bottom 10.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    O.K. quick name W. Mich.'s mascot and and city they play their home games in?
    Broncos and they play in Kalimazoo(?), Michigan. I mean, who wouldn't want them, right?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information