Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: If we go bowling. When will we get an invite?

Default If we go bowling. When will we get an invite?

If we happen to get an invite to a bowl, will it come late saturday night, sunday, or will we just have to wait it out and hope they announce our name on the bowl selection show. Kinda like the NCAA basketball selection show at larges.

Its seems to me that the bowls will finalize the invites sat. night after the games? It also seems that this process is totally different than the NCAA basketball selection process.

Any incite would be helpful and informative.

Default Re: If we go bowling. When will we get an invite?

I think for us, Saturday night will tell us what is going on. We are waiting on Western Michigan to get an invite, because they are the lone 7-5 team floating around and no at large 6-6 can be taken officially before they are taken. Jay said ESPN is rumored to be trying to sweeten the pot for the Hawaii Bowl to try to get them to take WMU. After WMU gets taken, the other 6-6 at large picks can start to fall. I think Hawaii might have decided to take WMU, BUT they have to wait until after the Arizona-Arizona State game. If state wins, that puts Zona in the hawaii bowl and would knock WMU out, from there, WMU would go to Indy, Texas, or Papajohns (cant go to Motor because theres already a MAC opponent).

Point being, with those possibilities out there, we need Zona to take care of business, then WMU can go to Hawaii, NC State will go to Motor City I believe, ND goes to Houston, we go to Indy, and ASU/Troy goes to papajohns.

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    .with those possibilities out there, we need Zona to take care of business, then WMU can go to Hawaii, NC State will go to Motor City I believe, ND goes to Houston, we go to Indy, and ASU/Troy goes to papajohns. _
    I like this. I can live with this.

I have a Question Re: If we go bowling. When will we get an invite?

_ we need Zona to take care of business _
    I thought we wanted AZ State to win.

Nope. Arizona State is 5-6 and is going to Hawaii with a win, taking away one at-large spot. With a loss, they're going home and we need that at-large spot. go Zona!

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    _ I thought we wanted AZ State to win. _
    negative ghostrider

_ I thought we wanted AZ State to win. _
    Arizona State is 5-6 right now. If they win, the Hawaii Bowl no longer has an opening as they would take the PAC 10 tie in to the Hawaii Bowl.

UL Football Re: If we go bowling. When will we get an invite?

GO ZONA!!!!

I have a Question Re: If we go bowling. When will we get an invite?

Where is the game being played?

_ Where is the game being played? _
    @ Arizona

All the teams we want to win this week are playing at home and are favored by double digits (Rutgers, Arizona, and Troy).

_ I think for us, Saturday night will tell us what is going on. We are waiting on Western Michigan to get an invite, because they are the lone 7-5 team floating around and no at large 6-6 can be taken officially before they are taken. Jay said ESPN is rumored to be trying to sweeten the pot for the Hawaii Bowl to try to get them to take WMU. After WMU gets taken, the other 6-6 at large picks can start to fall. I think Hawaii might have decided to take WMU, BUT they have to wait until after the Arizona-Arizona State game. If state wins, that puts Zona in the hawaii bowl and would knock WMU out, from there, WMU would go to Indy, Texas, or Papajohns (cant go to Motor because theres already a MAC opponent).

Point being, with those possibilities out there, we need Zona to take care of business, then WMU can go to Hawaii, NC State will go to Motor City I believe, ND goes to Houston, we go to Indy, and ASU/Troy goes to papajohns. _
    So if Troy beats Ark. St. Are you pretty sure the Indy will take us over Ark. State?

This is so COOL Re: If we go bowling. When will we get an invite?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    _ @ Arizona

All the teams we want to win this week are playing at home and are favored by double digits (Rutgers, Arizona, and Troy). _
    Rad!!! Let's hope the home teams have a sweet Senior night.

Louisiana Re: If we go bowling. When will we get an invite?

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    _ So if Troy beats Ark. St. Are you pretty sure the Indy will take us over Ark. State? _
    I would say so

1) We will bring more fans/money

2) We are a Louisiana team

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    _ So if Troy beats Ark. St. Are you pretty sure the Indy will take us over Ark. State? _
    Thats my guess, I have no insider information, no original beliefs, just following the hearsay. I would have to believe that the projections that have been continually made have some sort of merit to them as they all have been placing the same match ups in those same bowls. Go Zona and go Troy!

FYI

Arizona St @ Zona - ESPN 7PM
    Arkansas St @ Troy - Coxsports 6PM

igeaux.mobi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information