Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: If we go bowling. When will we get an invite?

1. Default Re: If we go bowling. When will we get an invite?

i checked this afternoon, and zona was 10.5 favorites. i was checking the matchup. zona has scored like 200 more pts than asu this year. hopefully they will whoop that butt. as of right now, im expecting a bowl bid, and will be pretty devasted.

UL Football Re: If we go bowling. When will we get an invite?

The ASU's must LOSE!!!

Arkansas State Univ.
    Arizona State Univ

Default Re: If we go bowling. When will we get an invite?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    _ negative ghostrider _
    ". the pattern is full"

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    _ I think for us, Saturday night will tell us what is going on. We are waiting on Western Michigan to get an invite, because they are the lone 7-5 team floating around and no at large 6-6 can be taken officially before they are taken. Jay said ESPN is rumored to be trying to sweeten the pot for the Hawaii Bowl to try to get them to take WMU. After WMU gets taken, the other 6-6 at large picks can start to fall. I think Hawaii might have decided to take WMU, BUT they have to wait until after the Arizona-Arizona State game. If state wins, that puts Zona in the hawaii bowl and would knock WMU out, from there, WMU would go to Indy, Texas, or Papajohns (cant go to Motor because theres already a MAC opponent).

Point being, with those possibilities out there, we need Zona to take care of business, then WMU can go to Hawaii, NC State will go to Motor City I believe, ND goes to Houston, we go to Indy, and ASU/Troy goes to papajohns. _
    So who are the other 6-6's that are left out?

Arkansas State winning has the least potential impact on you.

Texas wants Notre Dame, rumor is they have a handshake deal.
    PJ is rumored to be taking NC State with an Arkansas State loss, while an ASU win sends them to Motor City.
    Arkansas State may well be the Motor City front-runner, both Memphis and MTSU did better than expected sending teams there and have heard Hawaii was interested if MT were out of the mix.

I think the Cajuns are Hawaii or Indy without regard to the Arkansas State result depending on which ends up with WMU.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Arkstfan View Post
    Arkansas State winning has the least potential impact on you.

Texas wants Notre Dame, rumor is they have a handshake deal.
    PJ is rumored to be taking NC State with an Arkansas State loss, while an ASU win sends them to Motor City.
    Arkansas State may well be the Motor City front-runner, both Memphis and MTSU did better than expected sending teams there and have heard Hawaii was interested if MT were out of the mix.

I think the Cajuns are Hawaii or Indy without regard to the Arkansas State result depending on which ends up with WMU.
    How far is it from ASU to Shreveport?
    igeaux.mobi

SEND Western Michigan to Hawaii. They would bring about the same amount of fans there as they would in one of these down south bowls. No one wants them.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ How far is it from ASU to Shreveport?
    igeaux.mobi _
    The state of Arkansas borders Louisiana, but Ark St is closer to Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Tennessee, Mississippi, and Kentucky than they are to Shreveport. a city within a stone's throw of southern Arkansas. UL brings way more to the Indy Bowl, in every regard, than Ark St.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information