Thread: If and When: Buy your Bowl Tickets from UL

1. Support If and When: Buy your Bowl Tickets from UL

This was passed on to me and I thought I should share

A lot of the fans seem to be discussing how they will try to find discount tickets for the bowl game . . . this will severely hurt the guarantee given UL Athletics.

The "guaranteed dollars" bowls give schools are in the form of tickets they can sell. If the school doesn't sell their allotment of tickets, then the school doesn't get the income to pay for team travel, hotels, etc. at the bowl game. I don't think UL should have a huge financial loss as a reward for playing in a bowl game.

May I suggest that all true Ragin' Cajuns fans buy their tickets ONLY from UL Athletics.

Most of the bowl committees are ruthless and run ticket blitzes and commercials in the home communities of the schools trying to sell THEIR tickets (sometimes they even discount them over the schools' prices), which in turn hurts the school.

The more people that buy tickets outside of the schools ticket office adds income to the bowl committee, but it comes at the expense of the schools' athletic departments.

If everyone would bite the bullet and pay "full price" for their tickets through the school, then financial obligations will be met and the bowl experience will be positive for all UL fans, players and administrators.

Default Re: If and When: Buy your Bowl Tickets from UL

I'll go hand my check to Shivaun personallyjust tell me how much and where we are playing!!!!!

3. Default Re: If and When: Buy your Bowl Tickets from UL

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    just tell me how much and where we are playing!!!!!

Default Re: If and When: Buy your Bowl Tickets from UL

Its funny how the athletic department is worried about money now. They are never prepare to take the money so why worry about it.

Either way, I will do my part like always. But I will never understand why we have to beg and plead to our athletic department to take money.

Thread Information