Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana mentioned in Pat Forde preview article

Default Louisiana mentioned in Pat Forde preview article

Louisiana potential upset over Ole Miss (see item #27).

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/forty-o.152424431.html

2. Default Re: Louisiana mentioned in Pat Forde preview article

Also a bowl projection (NOLA BOWL) in a SI blog.

http://fansided.com/2014/06/16/colle.update/#!0txar

Default Re: Louisiana mentioned in Pat Forde preview article

We are doing something right. Got a threatened tigger fan or jealous brokeback, ulmost fan trolling in the comments.

4. Default Re: Louisiana mentioned in Pat Forde preview article

Forget the comments- focus on the content. It would be nice to see the Cajuns return to NO.

Quote Originally Posted by ccap05 View Post
    Forget the comments- focus on the content. It would be nice to see the Cajuns return to NO.
    I'm predicting better things than NOLA bowl. 10-2, 11-1 will get us closer to New Years day.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    I'm predicting better things than NOLA bowl. 10-2, 11-1 will get us closer to New Years day.
    Let's hope so. time to prove as a fan base that we can travel other places. It would go a long way in securing us in other bowls in the future. Ultimately bowl committees want teams that travel, we can prove a lot this year. I truly believe, last years athletics accomplishments in all sports was to get the base revved up for our takeover.

Crazy stat: We play every game on turf this year. Virginia is the only school in America to play on grass every game.

8. Default Re: Louisiana mentioned in Pat Forde preview article

Quote Originally Posted by ulXrunner View Post
    Let's hope so. time to prove as a fan base that we can travel other places. It would go a long way in securing us in other bowls in the future. Ultimately bowl committees want teams that travel, we can prove a lot this year. I truly believe, last years athletics accomplishments in all sports was to get the base revved up for our takeover.
    Don't mean to be stupid, but what Bowls would be in realistic sight if we end up losing 1-3 games with a win over Ole Miss and/or Boise? I assume if the Cajuns are undefeated then the Cotton Bowl is a possibility but that would depend on a perfect season. Also, I tried to post a comment on the SI Blog but had no luck signing up (maybe Boomer can give me a few tips).

Don't mean to be stupid, but what Bowls would be in realistic sight if we end up losing 1-3 games with a win over Ole Miss and/or Boise? I assume if the Cajuns are undefeated then the Cotton Bowl is a possibility but that would depend on a perfect season. Also, I tried to post a comment on the SI Blog but had no luck signing up (maybe Boomer can give me a few tips).
    I think the possibilities are endless. We are an up and coming athletic program. A lot of At-Large bids could appear when we become bowl eligible.

10. Default Re: Louisiana mentioned in Pat Forde preview article

The fact that the Superdome was covered in Red last year should also make the Cajuns more attractive to a host committee. I wonder what the TV viewership was for the NOLA bowl vs other similar quality bowls? In other words, while it is obvious that a lot of tickets were sold were the advertisers on tv happy as well?

11. Default Re: Louisiana mentioned in Pat Forde preview article

---Well we go through this every year (which we should) in that it depends on who qualifies with enough wins to go bowling!!! There are spots guaranteed to certain conferences providing they have 6 or 7 wins but that can I think now be appealed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    We are doing something right. Got a threatened tigger fan or jealous brokeback, ulmost fan trolling in the comments.
    actually.we are probably doing something wrong. That troll is making fun of the name thing, that frankly gets blown out of proportion way to many times, on a national web site. hopefully none of the Cajun fans fall for the bait and don't get caught up in the crap.

WIN WIN WIN.it all takes care of its selfsee ESPN and Supers as proof!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbuf View Post
    actually.we are probably doing something wrong. That troll is making fun of the name thing, that frankly gets blown out of proportion way to many times, on a national web site. hopefully none of the Cajun fans fall for the bait and don't get caught up in the crap.

WIN WIN WIN.it all takes care of its selfsee ESPN and Supers as proof!
    Trolls don't go after irrelevant programs. That was the point I was making. Whoever this guy is, he feels threatened. Success is snowballing. We are doing things right.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

The fact that the Superdome was covered in Red last year should also make the Cajuns more attractive to a host committee. I wonder what the TV viewership was for the NOLA bowl vs other similar quality bowls? In other words, while it is obvious that a lot of tickets were sold were the advertisers on tv happy as well?
    Pass on the NO Bowl for the 4th straight year if possible. This year, we better listen if someone else is interested. unlike last year.

Bowls are contracted to various leagues. If there are at large slots open at the end of the season, it's doubtful any of the openings would be any better or more prestigious than New Orleans.

The only way you get into a big time bowl is to run the table and be the highest rated school not in the big five conferences.

Barring that, New Orleans, Camellia or GoDaddy would be the most likely choices.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information