Thread: Okay so Rutgers will beat L'Ville

Default Okay so Rutgers will beat L'Ville

What does that mean for Louisiana?

2. Default Re: Okay so Rutgers will beat L'Ville

Louisville won't become bowl eligible. So one less team in the 6-6 pool. Can only be a good thing, right?

Default Re: Okay so Rutgers will beat L'Ville

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    _ What does that mean for Louisiana? _
    The bowls we are hoping to get into (Indy, papajohns.com, Texas) would love to have Louisville over the Cajuns. With U of L not being able to get into those bowls only keeps are chances from getting worse.

There is now one less 6-6 bowl eligible team for the 5 remaining spots. At the most will be 10 teams if Arizona St. beats Arizona but they are a 9.5 pt. underdog on the road so most likely there will be 9 teams for 5 spots. Now realisticly Western Michingan must be choosen for a spot because they have 7 wins so there are 4 spots for 8 6-6 teams. What helps UL is our geographic location as we are very close to Houston, Shreveport, and Birmingham.

And 3 are from the sunbelt

6. Default Re: Okay so Rutgers will beat L'Ville

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    _ And 3 are from the sunbelt _
    presumably because of our location, we would be the first belt team chosen.

Don't bet on it. That makes too much sense!

8. Default Re: Okay so Rutgers will beat L'Ville

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    _ Don't bet on it. That makes too much sense! _

u are so right on that one. for example, i live and work in houma. my boss is from baton rouge and is a true lsu fan, goes to every game etc. at lunch the other day, i told him i was going to the UL game cuz we had a chance at a bowl game. the next day, after i told him we won, he said "congrats, yall should get the indenpendance bowl now". i explained to him what was going on, and he was absolutely floored that I-bowl and shreveport would rather EM, NC state, ND, etc., and that we will prob not receive an invitation from them.

the reason i bring it up is because my boss doesnt care about UL. hes not trying to promote us. He could honestly care less. but he made a logical assumption that we should go to I-bowl because it actually makes sense.

Thread Information