Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bowl talk

1. Default Re: Bowl talk

so when do we find out if/where we go?

Default Re: Bowl talk

Quote Originally Posted by angellebertrand View Post
    _ so when do we find out if/where we go? _
    More than likely Sunday. Still some games on Saturday that affect possible bowl openings.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    _ More than likely Sunday. Still some games on Saturday that affect possible bowl openings. _
    And everyone's still playing the "Directional Michigan" waiting game (who has to be picked even before the mighty Fighting Irish).

So I doubt any bids will be handed out earlier than saturday night.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

This could shape up to be a very good Louisiana year if we end up with 3 schools in bowl games, and a good SBC year with 3 schools also in bowl games.

So, when is it official that the SBC "secondary" tie-ins at 6-6 did not hold up in the written contracts?

And why did no SBC athletic directors get copies of the contracts ? Would that not have been a smart (or at least responsible) thing to do ?

Louisiana S-Club Re: Bowl talk

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    _ I just want the Cajuns to go SOMEWHERE.don't care where.

In my order of preference
    1. Houston
    2. Shreveport
    3. Birmingham
    4. Honolulu
    5. Detroit

But I'll take #5 over #6 any day. _
    I am really afraid that Notre Dame will go to Houston. This makes sense and is justifiable to Notre Dame since Rice is also a private university with high academic standards and admission policies. Notre Dame will not want to play in Detroit, Birmingham or Shreveport against a non-BCS state institutions. I am afraid that ESPN will strongly suggest that the Indy Bowl invite Western Michigan to play Louisiana Tech. ESPN will want to avoid a purely regional matchup for TV and figures La. Tech will bring enough fans. I wonder how much influence ESPN will have over the Indy Bowl selection committee? If my worries become realities, the 2 best bowl opportunities for the Cajuns will not be available.

8. Default Re: Bowl talk

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    _ I just want the Cajuns to go SOMEWHERE.don't care where.

In my order of preference
    1. Houston
    2. Shreveport
    3. Birmingham
    4. Honolulu
    5. Detroit

But I'll take #5 over #6 any day. _
    Jay--if NO wants the Cajuns and Birm. wants Troy---why wouldn't Detroit want West. Mich.???????

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ Jay--if NO wants the Cajuns and Birm. wants Troy---why wouldn't Detroit want West. Mich.??????? _
    We still cannot go to New Orleans. They will either get an 8 win Troy or 7 win ASU. New Orleans cannot take a 6 win UL team if the Sun Belt has a 7+ win team available.

WMU cannot go to Motor City because the MAC champion (soon to Ball State) is tied in to the Motor City Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ Jay--if NO wants the Cajuns and Birm. wants Troy---why wouldn't Detroit want West. Mich.??????? _
    Because W. Michigan is in the MAC. The MAC champion is already locked into Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkstfan View Post
    _ Saved me a post. _
    Wasn't that a post? So really the same amount of posting?

I'm just picking. I can't get off this board until I find out Sunday, so I was just passing the time.

Quote Originally Posted by bjc6267 View Post
    _ Wasn't that a post? So really the same amount of posting?

I'm just picking. I can't get off this board until I find out Sunday, so I was just passing the time. _
    Saved me a long post.

If UL at L and Tech meet in the I-Bowl, it will be the largest group of people that don't care for the "Evil Empire" ever assembled in Louisiana. We should use the platform if we get it.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    _ If UL at L and Tech meet in the I-Bowl, it will be the largest group of people that don't care for the "Evil Empire" ever assembled in Louisiana. We should use the platform if we get it.
    _
    Wait Johnny, I thought you were campaigning against LOUISIANA on your board?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    _ If UL at L and Tech meet in the I-Bowl, it will be the largest group of people that don't care for the "Evil Empire" ever assembled in Louisiana. We should use the platform if we get it.
    _
    It will require an effort that only a cult like aTm could pull off, but I have a plan. T-Shirts in respective school colors with Go Dawgs! or Geaux Cajuns! on the front and LSU Sucks! on the back. With 5 minutes left in each quarter, stand up and turn around. Remain with backs to the field for 5 minutes (real-time). Or, if you want to make a political statement about the state of things in Louisiana, go with "End LSU Apartheid!"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information