Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Scout.com 12/4 Bowl Projections

Default Re: Scout.com 12/4 Bowl Projections

I think i will reserve a room tonight to beat the rush - if we don't get the nod, i'll just cancel. Dang, i am so smart sometimes, i scare me.uh.where do i get tickets?

2. Default Re: Scout.com 12/4 Bowl Projections

Good luck - our guys are running into problems getting local rooms -

Supposedly 1,000 more rooms will be released Sunday after the announcement by one of the bowls partners

Quote Originally Posted by DwayneW1 View Post
    _ Untrue -

I have it on good authority that if its a SBC team in the I-Bowl vs us it will be the Cajuns -

In fact - most information I have heard is that Tech would rather have the Cajuns over a MAC school - WMU or NIU.

Of course their first choices are NCSt or Memphis _
    Well, we'd rather play Rice at Reliant Stadium in Houston but if not. then a really exotic destination like Shreveport will have to do.

P-P on Industrial Institute and College of Louisiana

4. Default Re: Scout.com 12/4 Bowl Projections

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ Well, we'd rather play Rice at Reliant Stadium in Houston but if not. then a really exotic destination like Shreveport will have to do.

P-P on Industrial Institute and College of Louisiana _
    That's Louisiana Polytechnic Institute or LA TECH for short

Ya'll need to get on the ball and make all the smiley's available to the posters!

5. Default Re: Scout.com 12/4 Bowl Projections

Quote Originally Posted by DwayneW1 View Post
    _ I think they want a BCS first - which will generate local interest against TECH - next inline would be a recognizable regional CUSA school to generate interest - then I think it would be regional other school to drive ticket sales (i.e. ya'll)

I was just clarifying a misstatement -

I have been one of the few that has said we could end up STILL end up playing a SBC school -

I'm not on the bowl committee and don't have a vote -

Just passing along information -

BTW - I think a Dog Cajun matchup pops 40,000+ through the gates or close to it -

I don't see them taking AState or FAU over ya'll if it comes down to a SBC school - _
    I agree with Dwayne. I think the Cajuns are in like Flynn. I think the attendance will be good.

As far as not wanting to play a 6-6 belt squad: Who has more national exposure and recognition? A 6-6 BCS or a 6-6 belt?

NC ST was whining about a possible matchup vs La Tech.

It all rolls downhill and the SBC is at the bottom of the totem pole. The big 10 craps on the WAC and we'd love a chance to knock them off their high horse. The SEC talks a lot of crap about the big 10.

It's just how things work.

I think it'll be a fun atmosphere for a Tech vs Cajun game. It will be for a lot of bragging rights in the state. It has a big impact on recruiting.

We do already have 16 commits but winning a bowl will help us hang onto them and fill out the class.

I want Tech blood! I was there last time we played Tech, and we were 5 yards from handing them one helluva loss on their own field. Ever since then, I have craved Tech blood, once you get a taste you want more. Sadly, the Dooley boys have chosen to sit high above their actual perch by riding on Boise State's coattails, by not even thinking of scheduling us for fear of losing the prestige of.prestige ofaww hell I cant think of anything prestigious Tech has done in the past couple of years except being the butt of $4 gas jokes. So pretty please Indy Bowl, strap on your jock strap a little tighter so you know ya still got the goods to make a decision on whats best for the state of Louisiana and the Indy Bowl's pocketbooks. Give us our shot at that snot nosed red neck brat from up state. Geaux Cajuns! Hopefully see everyone in Shreveport.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Horndawgs View Post
    _ I agree with Dwayne. I think the Cajuns are in like Flynn. I think the attendance will be good.

As far as not wanting to play a 6-6 belt squad: Who has more national exposure and recognition? A 6-6 BCS or a 6-6 belt?

It all rolls downhill and the SBC is at the bottom of the totem pole. The big 10 craps on the WAC and we'd love a chance to knock them off their high horse. The SEC talks a lot of crap about the big 10.

I think it'll be a fun atmosphere for a Tech vs Cajun game. It will be for a lot of bragging rights in the state. It has a big impact on recruiting.

We do already have 16 commits but winning a bowl will help us hang onto them and fill out the class. _

LOL, based on many of the comments on your forum about playing UL in a bowl game, I wouldn't expect you elite LaTexster types to even show up.

But, I'll say this, if you do at least you get to see what a crowd at a college football game actually looks like instead of a lot of blue tarps.

PPONLATEX

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    _ I want Tech blood! I was there last time we played Tech, and we were 5 yards from handing them one helluva loss on their own field. Ever since then, I have craved Tech blood, once you get a taste you want more. Sadly, the Dooley boys have chosen to sit high above their actual perch by riding on Boise State's coattails, by not even thinking of scheduling us for fear of losing the prestige of.prestige ofaww hell I cant think of anything prestigious Tech has done in the past couple of years except being the butt of $4 gas jokes. So pretty please Indy Bowl, strap on your jock strap a little tighter so you know ya still got the goods to make a decision on whats best for the state of Louisiana and the Indy Bowl's pocketbooks. Give us our shot at that snot nosed red neck brat from up state. Geaux Cajuns! Hopefully see everyone in Shreveport. _
    Yeah, that should sell 'em on inviting us! You do realize this bowl is located in Shreveport, right? About an hour west of Ruston? Full of many of their alumni? OK, thought so. Carry on!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Horndawgs View Post
    _ I agree with Dwayne. I think the Cajuns are in like Flynn. I think the attendance will be good.

We do already have 16 commits but winning a bowl will help us hang onto them and fill out the class. _
    Agree with everything you said here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information