Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Possible Bowl Opponent: Rice

Default Re: Possible Bowl Opponent: Rice

Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau View Post
    _ ASU @ Troy is going to be shown live on Coxsports Sat at 6pm!!!

GEAUX TROY!
    igeaux.mobi _
    06:00 pm - 09:30 pm Sun Belt Football (L) Arkansas State @ Troy

By golly, it is. Well, I know what I'm doing Saturday afternoon. Go Troy, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    _I don't care about having a share of the Conference Title and no bowl game. Been there in 2005 and its no fun. _
    I see says the blind man, I honestly did not look at the record for ASU and see a win put them at 7-5 honestly I guess I was seeing our record before last night and a tie for the conference with us being 6-6 ahead of 6-6 ASU. I retract my earlier statement go Troy

I am still hoping for Shreveport. Phil Steele has us projested against Techsters, I think if money is the factor that could be a good one.

Another Dumb question when does the dust officially settle on all of this is it Sunday or Monday or what.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewhite View Post
    Another Dumb question when does the dust officially settle on all of this is it Sunday or Monday or what.
    There's usually a show on Fox Sunday afternoon that announces the bowl invites.

4. Default Re: Possible Bowl Opponent: Rice

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    _ There's usually a show on Fox Sunday afternoon that announces the bowl invites. _
    does the show usually cover all the bowls, or just bcs? i think there is a slight chance we could learn before. probably just wishful hoping

Quote Originally Posted by Ewhite View Post
    _ I see says the blind man, I honestly did not look at the record for ASU and see a win put them at 7-5 honestly I guess I was seeing our record before last night and a tie for the conference with us being 6-6 ahead of 6-6 ASU. I retract my earlier statement go Troy

I am still hoping for Shreveport. Phil Steele has us projested against Techsters, I think if money is the factor that could be a good one.

Another Dumb question when does the dust officially settle on all of this is it Sunday or Monday or what. _

Does anyone know what the ticket guarantees are at the Texas Bowl and Indepence Bowl? I suspect it will be between 5,000 - 10,000 tickets. Will UL guarantee those tickets, even if we don't sell them for a mid-week game that will be televised? I'm pretty sure there will be some kind of ticket guarantee in place. Heck, even if we lose a few dollars on this, the national pub and recruiting benefits from our 1st real bowl game are worth any cost.

Personally, I hope we are in the Texas Bowl. I was just invited to attend the bowl game by the Dean of the Business School of UH Downtown as a newly appointed board member of their new Insurance and Risk Management Degree program. It would be great attending that game and seeing the Cajuns beat Rice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcobra View Post
    does the show usually cover all the bowls, or just bcs? i think there is a slight chance we could learn before. probably just wishful hoping
    The Fox show announces the BCS schools. Then right after on ESPN, the other bowl invites are shown. Sorry for the confusion.

I think locally, we will find out sooner. I'm guessing a bowl official will call our athletic dept and let us know sometime late Saturday or early Sunday if we make one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ Lets just decline the offer if it comes our way.

Z

geezec'mon guys. _
    Zur back!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ Does anyone know what the ticket guarantees are at the Texas Bowl and Indepence Bowl? I suspect it will be between 5,000 - 10,000 tickets. Will UL guarantee those tickets, even if we don't sell them for a mid-week game that will be televised? I'm pretty sure there will be some kind of ticket guarantee in place. Heck, even if we lose a few dollars on this, the national pub and recruiting benefits from our 1st real bowl game are worth any cost.

Personally, I hope we are in the Texas Bowl. I was just invited to attend the bowl game by the Dean of the Business School of UH Downtown as a newly appointed board member of their new Insurance and Risk Management Degree program. It would be great attending that game and seeing the Cajuns beat Rice. _
    UL has some commitments to cover those guarantees. But do you actually think that UL can not sale 5,000-10,000 tickets for their first bowl game in 38 years? We will have no problem selling that number for the Ind-Bowl or the Texas Bowl.

9. Default Re: Possible Bowl Opponent: Rice

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ Does anyone know what the ticket guarantees are at the Texas Bowl and Indepence Bowl? I suspect it will be between 5,000 - 10,000 tickets. Will UL guarantee those tickets, even if we don't sell them for a mid-week game that will be televised? I'm pretty sure there will be some kind of ticket guarantee in place. Heck, even if we lose a few dollars on this, the national pub and recruiting benefits from our 1st real bowl game are worth any cost.

Personally, I hope we are in the Texas Bowl. I was just invited to attend the bowl game by the Dean of the Business School of UH Downtown as a newly appointed board member of their new Insurance and Risk Management Degree program. It would be great attending that game and seeing the Cajuns beat Rice. _
    How is UL's program in the above mentioned insurance program????

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by MissingMandy View Post
    _ Zur back!!!!! _
    yes ma'm.

Z

_ yes ma'm.

Z _
    Oh sure. Answer the lady, but not me. And I started a thread about your absence .

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    _ Oh sure. Answer the lady, but not me. And I started a thread about your absence . _
    Sorry Scott. I figured I'd sit back and watch all the end of the world/ sky is falling chit-chat of the last few weeks. I wasn't let down. Hope all is well in your world!

Z

_ Sorry Scott. I figured I'd sit back and watch all the end of the world/ sky is falling chit-chat of the last few weeks. I wasn't let down. Hope all is well in your world!

Z _
    Not a problem. Just messin' wit ya! I was wondering what was going on though. I don't think I'd ever seen such a long period of inactivity from you. Things are great with me, except for being unable to be at Cajun Field last night. I did listen on the internet, and that was fun! Hoping to be able to go see the Cajuns play in a real bowl game (not that there's anything wrong with the late, great Grantland Rice Bowl!). How's about you?

Sorry Scott. I figured I'd sit back and watch all the end of the world/ sky is falling chit-chat of the last few weeks. I wasn't let down. Hope all is well in your world!

Z
    Z,

By my math, the next time you take a vacation from the board, I need it to be about 10 years, 9 months! I should catch up to your 5,000+ posts about that time.

Welcome back dude!

_ Sorry Scott. I figured I'd sit back and watch all the end of the world/ sky is falling chit-chat of the last few weeks. I wasn't let down. Hope all is well in your world!

Z _
    Z it's been a tough week without you man. Dahbeed even came on board and called you out. I was waiting for your rebutal and there wasn't any.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information