Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Possible Bowl Opponent: Rice

Default Re: Possible Bowl Opponent: Rice

with a healthy team and some time to rest our d and get some more of them back I think it would be a great matchup
    Just look at how Des looked last night, a few extra days of rest and he looked almost in pre injury form he wasn't even limping from what I could see on the internet feed.

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    _ with a healthy team and some time to rest our d and get some more of them back I think it would be a great matchup
    Just look at how Des looked last night, a few extra days of rest and he looked almost in pre injury form he wasn't even limping from what I could see on the internet feed. _
    His knee locked up one time when he was trying to get to the sideline after he broke containment but other than that I don't believe I seen any limp. He got hit pretty hard on one run but got up like it was pre-injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ His knee locked up one time when he was trying to get to the sideline after he broke containment but other than that I don't believe I seen any limp. He got hit pretty hard on one run but got up like it was pre-injury. _
    I saw him limp after a few runs but nothing that seemed to effect him too much. Its amazing how effective the passing game becomes when Des can run the ball. Things just open up.

I agree that if we can get healthy i like this offenses chance against anyone. Especially against the 115th ranked Defense in the nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    He got hit pretty hard on one run but got up like it was pre-injury. _
    Man, did I cringe after that hit!

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    _ Man, did I cringe after that hit! _
    Whenever a player gets flipped especially one with a nee injury it just makes you close your eyes for a minute and hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ Lets just decline the offer if it comes our way.

Z

geezec'mon guys. _
    Let me be the pessimist for a moment. I'd love to be in the Texas Bowl, but I have a hard time visualizing a 9-3 team vs. a 6-6 team without a gold helmet. It would be great for us, but maybe the bowl people and Rice might not be too excited. I also don't like our chances for the I-Bowl mainly because a LA Tee Da Tech vs. UL is waaaay too local a match-up for a regional, much less national audience. Again, sorry to be a negative "Nacy" (thought it was supposed to be Nancy), that's my perspective. With 4 to 6 of the 6-6 teams having no place to go bowling, I envision most of those "home for the holidays" to be coming from the MAC and Sunbelt. I do think we will be on the edge of that division, but I just don't have strong feeling about which side we will land on. I DO have a very strong feeling though for which side I HOPE we come down on! Let's geaux beauxling!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    _ Let me be the pessimist for a moment. I'd love to be in the Texas Bowl, but I have a hard time visualizing a 9-3 team vs. a 6-6 team without a gold helmet. It would be great for us, but maybe the bowl people and Rice might not be too excited. I also don't like our chances for the I-Bowl mainly because a LA Tee Da Tech vs. UL is waaaay too local a match-up for a regional, much less national audience. Again, sorry to be a negative "Nacy" (thought it was supposed to be Nancy), that's my perspective. With 4 to 6 of the 6-6 teams having no place to go bowling, I envision most of those "home for the holidays" to be coming from the MAC and Sunbelt. I do think we will be on the edge of that division, but I just don't have strong feeling about which side we will land on. I DO have a very strong feeling though for which side I HOPE we come down on! Let's geaux beauxling!!! _
    I tossed this whole thing around in my head and I've come up with this simple approach -

The first to ask us determines where we go.

(but please, please, pleeeeeeaaaaaase let it be Houston)

8. Default Re: Possible Bowl Opponent: Rice

All this analyzing and guessing is already becoming excruciating.and it's been only been about 16 hours since the win! If you haven't guessed patience is not exactly my strong suit, so WHEN will the Cajuns actually know whether or not they've been invited to a bowl?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    _ Let me be the pessimist for a moment. I'd love to be in the Texas Bowl, but I have a hard time visualizing a 9-3 team vs. a 6-6 team without a gold helmet. It would be great for us, but maybe the bowl people and Rice might not be too excited. I also don't like our chances for the I-Bowl mainly because a LA Tee Da Tech vs. UL is waaaay too local a match-up for a regional, much less national audience. Again, sorry to be a negative "Nacy" (thought it was supposed to be Nancy), that's my perspective. With 4 to 6 of the 6-6 teams having no place to go bowling, I envision most of those "home for the holidays" to be coming from the MAC and Sunbelt. I do think we will be on the edge of that division, but I just don't have strong feeling about which side we will land on. I DO have a very strong feeling though for which side I HOPE we come down on! Let's geaux beauxling!!! _
    Rice and the city of Houston for that matter would be terribly dissapointed if UL came to the Texas Bowl. Rice is 9-3 and I'm sure would like to get a shot at a mid level BCS team. If I were them, I sure would!

It really boils down to what the Houston Bowl wants. From a prestige/PR standpoint we are a bad choice. If they want to sell tickets we are more attractive. Rice is no where near the draw UH is here and won't come close to filling up Reliant. Hopefully our AD is being proactive and offering to guarantee a large quantity of purchased tickets to try to swing it our way. That's what I would do.

First, how about we all start from step 1: watching important games for us this weekend.

ASU(5-6) vs. Arizona(6-5)
    Troy(7-4) vs. Arkansas St.(6-5)
    Rutgers(6-5) vs. Louisville(5-6) (Tonight on ESPN)

We want Troy, Arizona, and Rutgers to win obviously because it would make it harder for us to get picked with more 6-6 teams with the likes of Louisville and Arizona State. As for the Red Wolves, I'm not too worried about them.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    _ First, how about we all start from step 1: watching important games for us this weekend.

ASU(5-6) vs. Arizona(6-5)
    Rutgers(6-5) vs. Louisville(5-6) (Tonight on ESPN)

We want Troy, Arizona, and Rutgers to win obviously because it would make it harder for us to get picked with more 6-6 teams with the likes of Louisville and Arizona State. As for the Red Wolves, I'm not too worried about them. _
    So if we are not worried about the Red Wolves, then why not pull for them to beat Troy because would that not get us into a tie with Troy for the conference Championship and thus it would also put us in contention for the New Orleans Bowl, Texas Bowl, and Independence.

With that said I think New Orleans would love to have the Cajuns for Tickets Sold, Troy would be better draw at Birmingham and with the conference tie in thing that puts us at Independence if I am not mistaken. The other thing about the Houston Bowl is the day of the week it falls on could cause a problem for ticket sales.

For instance wife had to put a request in a month ago to assure the Monday after New Orleans off, Independence would cause a drive back on I49 on the Sunday night to make that bowl. A Tuesday game in Houston would mean two days off and in the last week of the month that include holidays so it would mean a loss of holiday pay also that would be too expensive of a trip. We were ther for Houston and actually until I saw the date Houston is so much better anyday of the week and twice on Sunday better that a trip to NEW Orleans, but that is the bowl we shoot for every year so I am ready to go to New Orleans.

Shreveport would be nice because of the camp at Toledo Bend and convenience of that if we end up in a bowl I hope I aint grilling steaks and watching from the house, that would be shameful of me for someone who really loves this program but I just don't know about the economics of a Houston Trip in that week.

Should be interesting and I applaud the folks that no matter where even South Africa are going to the bowl game but let's get an invite no matter where.

Rambling thoughts I hop make sense

South Africa Bowl sounds good to me. They might not take us, however, because it might be too regional a matchup with not much national appeal.

Ah well, Shreveport it is, then!

Quote Originally Posted by Ewhite View Post
    So if we are not worried about the Red Wolves, then why not pull for them to beat Troy because would that not get us into a tie with Troy for the conference Championship and thus it would also put us in contention for the New Orleans Bowl, Texas Bowl, and Independence.
    It's pretty much etched in stone that the winner of the Troy-ASU game goes to the N.O. Bowl. Periodno way around it. Plus with ASU winning, that would put them at 7-5 making it imperative that they get a bowl invite before ANY of the 6-6 teams. If they were to lose, then they would be 6-6 and then the bowl committees would choose between the two schools, rather than being obligated to pick a 7-5 ASU team to go to a bowl game with Sun Belt tie-ins. All I know is that the NO Bowl for us is out of the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewhite View Post
    _ So if we are not worried about the Red Wolves, then why not pull for them to beat Troy because would that not get us into a tie with Troy for the conference Championship and thus it would also put us in contention for the New Orleans Bowl, Texas Bowl, and Independence.

With that said I think New Orleans would love to have the Cajuns for Tickets Sold, Troy would be better draw at Birmingham and with the conference tie in thing that puts us at Independence if I am not mistaken. The other thing about the Houston Bowl is the day of the week it falls on could cause a problem for ticket sales.

For instance wife had to put a request in a month ago to assure the Monday after New Orleans off, Independence would cause a drive back on I49 on the Sunday night to make that bowl. A Tuesday game in Houston would mean two days off and in the last week of the month that include holidays so it would mean a loss of holiday pay also that would be too expensive of a trip. We were ther for Houston and actually until I saw the date Houston is so much better anyday of the week and twice on Sunday better that a trip to NEW Orleans, but that is the bowl we shoot for every year so I am ready to go to New Orleans.

Shreveport would be nice because of the camp at Toledo Bend and convenience of that if we end up in a bowl I hope I aint grilling steaks and watching from the house, that would be shameful of me for someone who really loves this program but I just don't know about the economics of a Houston Trip in that week.

Should be interesting and I applaud the folks that no matter where even South Africa are going to the bowl game but let's get an invite no matter where.

Rambling thoughts I hop make sense _
    Because our chances improve for a bowl with ASU losing that game. Troy is locked in the NO Bowl as the Champion, they could not opt out of the bowl. We would still have two bowls considering the Cajuns, Papa Johns and Texas Bowl. If Troy loses to ASU, they have already accepted a bid to the Papa Johns Bowl. Then we have only one shot at that point.

I don't care about having a share of the Conference Title and no bowl game. Been there in 2005 and its no fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    First, how about we all start from step 1: watching important games for us this weekend.

ASU @ Troy is going to be shown live on Coxsports Sat at 6pm!!!

GEAUX TROY!
    igeaux.mobi

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information