Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Robichaux receiving bonuses for UL's big season

1. Default Robichaux receiving bonuses for UL's big season

UL coach Tony Robichaux made some bonus cash thanks to the 58-10 Ragin' Cajuns 2014 run, which ended last Monday with a Super Regional loss to Ole Miss.

Robichaux's current contract, last revised in 2010 and running through the end of June 2015, pays $120,000 annually.

Oh oooo. please stay!!! :-)

UL's Deggs willing

to listen to SHSU

UL assistant coach Matt Deggs has been contacted by Sam Houston State regarding its vacant head coaching position.

"I'm gonna listen to what they have to say," Deggs said Saturday night.

Deggs said he planned to soon "visit" with the Bobkats over the phone.

Default Re: Robichaux received bonuses for UL's big season

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Oh oooo. please stay!!! :-)

UL's Deggs willing

to listen to SHSU

UL assistant coach Matt Deggs has been contacted by Sam Houston State regarding its vacant head coaching position.

"I'm gonna listen to what they have to say," Deggs said Saturday night.

Deggs said he planned to soon "visit" with the Bobkats over the phone.
    Hate to loose him. But if his aspiration is to be a head coach, then this is a good position for him. You can be successful there.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Looks like this would be the perfect fit for him too! I truly hope he stays, but you cant keep a man from fulfilling his dreams!!!

Z

Time for a raise for both of them! Surely we can come up with the money somewhere.

I sure thought Coach Robe made more than that. I assumed currently he was at least in the 150K plus range (base pay) as a minimum. Based on Coach Robe making 120K I highly doubt Coach Deggs is making 80k-90K at the moment. If he does not take or offered a head coaching job I would not be surprised if a team from one of the big conference try to hire him as their hitting coach.

Robe should make double and so should Deggs and Babs

This isdepressing. Sucks for us but we all knew it was only a matter of time. Good luck to him if he does leave.

Matt Deggs- Louisiana

Deggs’ name has attracted some attention lately because he is the hitting coach for a team that hit 68 home runs and had an OPS of over .900 in 2014. And there’s something to that. Whether it’s his coaching or that the program is just bringing in better players, there’s no doubting that the offense has grown leaps and bounds in the time Deggs has been on the staff.

http://collegebaseballcentral.com/sa.ndidates/7677/

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Matt Deggs- Louisiana-Lafeyette

Deggs’ name has attracted some attention lately because he is the hitting coach for a team that hit 68 home runs and had an OPS of over .900 in 2014. And there’s something to that. Whether it’s his coaching or that the program is just bringing in better players, there’s no doubting that the offense has grown leaps and bounds in the time Deggs has been on the staff.

http://collegebaseballcentral.com/sa.ndidates/7677/
    Sounds like Deggs is the front runner.

Wow 120k, really???? Thank you for being generous and loyal to Louisiana Robe. This is pethetic.

No doubt Robe needs a significant raise. But, he was the higher paid coach in te league.

Also, Deggs has previously been a coach at power conference schools. There is a reason he is not there and we need to enjoy his presence until someone is smart enough to make him a head coach.

Lots of market based talk on here lately about Hud needing to be paid a million and now baseball coaches should get more money. So you guys do understand. This is amateur sports, but it is big business. Some people on here just play the purist and amateur card when they want someone to sell them valuable tickets for a lot less than they are worth!

I cannot believe that is all Robe is making. And can't blame Deggs for seeing what deal he can make. SHSU would be a solid HC gig

Time to call Wade Simoneaux. HC experience and used to work at UL win win for both parties.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information