Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread: World Cup

Default World Cup

I'm not a fan of the sport but there's not much else to watch. These are my picks for today.
    Group C - Colombia vs. Greece - Noon kickoff – ABC
    The cradle of Western Civilization over the cocaine capital of the world.
    Group D - Uruguay vs. Costa Rica - 3 p.m. kickoff – ABC
    The peaceful Central American Republic with many retired Americans living there over the desperately poor South American nation.
    Group D - England vs. Italy - 6 p.m. kickoff – ESPN
    This one is tough for me. Know and love people from both nations. I will go with Italy simply because of the food.
    Group C - Ivory Coast vs. Japan – 9 p.m. kickoff - ESPN
    My father fought against them in WW II but since then they have been cool. Also they love America. Japan over the African nation the Ivory Coast.

2. Default Re: World Cup

I'm literally taking the opposite team in every match.

Default Re: World Cup

If y'all are looking for a place to watch the USA game on Monday, Jefferson Street Pub is hosting the American Outlaws.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    I'm not a fan of the sport but there's not much else to watch. These are my picks for today.
    Group C - Colombia vs. Greece - Noon kickoff – ABC
    The cradle of Western Civilization over the cocaine capital of the world.
    Group D - Uruguay vs. Costa Rica - 3 p.m. kickoff – ABC
    The peaceful Central American Republic with many retired Americans living there over the desperately poor South American nation.
    Group D - England vs. Italy - 6 p.m. kickoff – ESPN
    This one is tough for me. Know and love people from both nations. I will go with Italy simply because of the food.
    Group C - Ivory Coast vs. Japan – 9 p.m. kickoff - ESPN
    My father fought against them in WW II but since then they have been cool. Also they love America. Japan over the African nation the Ivory Coast.
    Italy is the only one I agree with.
    additonaly
    Oklahoma Panhandle State (D-II): Defensive coordinator Jesse Thompson has left the program to pursue other opportunities., we understand that Thompson has accepted a grad assistant position on Hud's staff at Louisiana Lafayette.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    If y'all are looking for a place to watch the USA game on Monday, Jefferson Street Pub is hosting the American Outlaws.
    Actual American Outlaw members, or is it just USMNT fans?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Flcajun View Post
    additonaly
    Oklahoma Panhandle State (D-II): Defensive coordinator Jesse Thompson has left the program to pursue other opportunities., we understand that Thompson has accepted a grad assistant position on Hud's staff at Louisiana Lafayette.
    Italian goalkeeper Boofon is out.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Italian goalkeeper Boofon is out.
    Sirigu is a pretty solid backup. Starting keeper for PSG

Watched the Netherlands crush Spain yesterday. Wife and I lived in Holland for 2 years in the mid 1990's.I can promise you the Pubs were rocking and there was not a sober Dutchman standing by the time that match ended

Quote Originally Posted by Flcajun View Post
    additonaly
    So I picked all the dogs in the games today? I'm okay with that. As you can see I didn't use sports knowledge to make my picks. Apparently you are correct. Colombia is a much better team than Greece.

So I picked all the dogs in the games today? I'm okay with that. As you can see I didn't use sports knowledge to make my picks. Apparently you are correct. Colombia is a much better team than Greece.
    Every one but Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Watched the Netherlands crush Spain yesterday. Wife and I lived in Holland for 2 years in the mid 1990's.I can promise you the Pubs were rocking and there was not a sober Dutchman standing by the time that match ended
    Isn't wild that soccer is a HUGE youth sport in America but dies out in high school. IMHO these are the reasons the sport isn't big in America. No particular order.

1. Dramatic fake injuries to draw fouls
    2. Stoppage time (I can't tell when the game is going to end)
    3. Tied games
    4. Not enough scoring
    5. Too many other sports to follow in the U.S.

NM

Last edited by RCAJUN90; June 14th, 2014 at 01:17 pm. Reason: Double post

Isn't wild that soccer is a HUGE youth sport in America but dies out in high school. IMHO these are the reasons the sport isn't big in America. No particular order.

1. Dramatic fake injuries to draw fouls
    2. Stoppage time (I can't tell when the game is going to end)
    3. Tied games
    4. Not enough scoring
    5. Too many other sports to follow in the U.S.
    This has been analyzed for a long time now. Except for #5, none of those reasons are why. Those are just the reasons why you don't like it. :-)

How many members do y'all have?

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread Information