Thread: Fire Errol Rogers

UL Basketball Fire Errol Rogers

I know few people care about women's hoops, but Errol Rogers is a disgrace to the school and to the conference. He is [not even arguably] the absolute worst coach in D1 athletics in any sport.

PLEASE, David Walker, nut up and can this guy while there is still time to save the program.

Default Re: Fire Errol Rogers

I agree. FIRE HIM NOW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    _ I know few people care about women's hoops, but Errol Rogers is a disgrace to the school and to the conference. He is [not even arguably] the absolute worst coach in D1 athletics in any sport.

PLEASE, David Walker, nut up and can this guy while there is still time to save the program. _
    Count me as one who doesn't care, but it looks as though this guy is in over his head. Personally, I do not like mid-season firings. This is not the pros.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ Count me as one who doesn't care, but it looks as though this guy is in over his head. Personally, I do not like mid-season firings. This is not the pros. _
    And, besides that, who around here is going to nut up to buy out a women's basketball coach who has two years remaining after this year?

We played for a title at home and had 300 people there, remember???

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    _ And, besides that, who around here is going to nut up to buy out a women's basketball coach who has two years remaining after this year?

We played for a title at home and had 300 people there, remember??? _
    My bet is if he only wins a couple of games, he will resign. I'm sure he is not enjoying himself.
    You are right though.he will probably not be bought out.

6. Default Re: Fire Errol Rogers

Anyone know the yearly salary --perks etc.??? I thought after getting the best player out of acadiana for MIss. St that he could really recruit --I know that our former coach was not happy to lose the Franklin girl(Racks)---anyway it doesn't look good for the home team as I type!!!!

_ And, besides that, who around here is going to nut up to buy out a women's basketball coach who has two years remaining after this year?

Two words: Gary Broadhead. Hell, if we fired Rogers, Gary might still want to come back. I know he wanted the job BAD. Maybe the Baggett twins would come also!

UL Basketball Re: Fire Errol Rogers

Jay with all due respect I agree with what the last two posters you included have stated, but UL had way more than 300 people at the MT game(that said I understand what your saying, Jay).

UL hired Errol Roger and gave him 4 years, he will get at least 3! I too do not like what I am seeing up to this point. Coach has only one recruiting class to call his own. Next class has to be much better than the last in my humble opinion. This will be a tuff task with the direction this season has started out in.

Geaux Lady Cajuns and don't give in Coach Rogers!

ps Jay did any of my contacts come through for NBC? I sure hope these and any others I send you work out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ Two words: Gary Broadhead. Hell, if we fired Rogers, Gary might still want to come back. I know he wanted the job BAD. Maybe the Baggett twins would come also! _
    He's a very good coach. But he did himself in during the interview process. h

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

I can actually claim to be one of the 300. We fought bravely against insurmountable odds, but were eventually vanquished.

11. Default Re: Fire Errol Rogers

_ He's a very good coach. But he did himself in during the interview process. h _
    What happened????? I mean juxtapose one of the great high school coaches in the state and compare it to ER's record ---- Now ER had college experience in the jucos and at MSU---NO SE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by basketballjone View Post
    _ but you have to produce in any line of work. If not you get the can,, simple as that. _
    That is something on which we can all agree.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    _ That is something on which we can all agree. _
    Something else we can agree on.most of us know nothing about our womens basketball team. If not for their recent run of futility, I would not even know the coaches name.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Fire Errol Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ Something else we can agree on.most of us know nothing about our womens basketball team. If not for their recent run of futility, I would not even know the coaches name. _
    Something for you to work on. Become familiar with the other 15 programs we offer. Most of which are very successful.

OK, I'm biased. I support the so called "minor" sports.

Thread Information