Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: ul vs mcneese

UL Basketball Re: ul vs mcneese

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    _ AGREED!!!!!

I got a chance to meet the players at the Jersey auction after the game and I must say they are all really cool guys and were very appreciative for all of their jerseys being bought. If you've never been to one of the jersey auctions (my first was tonight) I suggest you go to one even if you're not bidding. It was alot of fun.

Andrew Toney's jersey went for $1,500 and Bo Lamar called Andrew after the final bid and gave the phone to the guy who won the jersey and talked to him. It was really cool. Glad to see the Basketball team doing the auction thing. _
    School night for the kids had to get back home a wife was not at the game having worked late. Anyone know what the final tally of the auction was?

Default Re: ul vs mcneese

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    _ I would have liked to have seen more D tonight. Everytime we shot they showed the replay at three different angles and missed about 20 sec. of cajun Defence. The last two procession's by McNeese was not shown because of the replaythey even showed replays on missed shots. I guess the replay guy wanted some air time. _
    Totally agree about the replay. Missed entire possessions watching a replay.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    _ School night for the kids had to get back home a wife was not at the game having worked late. Anyone know what the final tally of the auction was? _
    Crowd was 4200.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    _ School night for the kids had to get back home a wife was not at the game having worked late. Anyone know what the final tally of the auction was? _
    They had about "throwback" player jerseys (Eric Mouton, Kevin Brooks, Byron Starks, etc.) those went from $200-600. They had 2 Lamar Jerseys (that he stayed to sign) and 2 Toney Jerseys. Andrew's jerseys went for $600 and $1500. Lamars got $1200, $1200 then the winner donated the jersey back to put up for auction and it got another $1200. The Current players jerseys that they wore for the McNeese game went for about $200 or $300. All of the money goes to the UL Basketball program. So overall a very lucrative night for the Cajun Basketball program.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCharlie View Post
    _ Change that "we" to Lee. He took them out of a good rhythm, and they took to standing around playing "footsie" waiting for a last shot before the shot clock expired.

Goodness gracious we had a 15-20 point lead. Why do you want to slow down? Turn them loose. Run up the score. McNeese would have had they held such a lead. _
    Just for the sake of accuracy:

I didn't remember this, so I went back to the play by play (written) of the game.

After we got a 17 point lead with 11 minutes to go, we had the ball in possession 17 times.

The shot clock got below ten four times and below five on three occasions.
    On two of the four possessions we got to the free throw line.

On two of those possessions, McNeese had gone to a zone which makes it harder to get a shot early.

I'll respectfully disagree with you on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    _ Just for the sake of accuracy:

I didn't remember this, so I went back to the play by play (written) of the game.

After we got a 17 point lead with 11 minutes to go, we had the ball in possession 17 times.

The shot clock got below ten four times and below five on three occasions.
    On two of the four possessions we got to the free throw line.

On two of those possessions, McNeese had gone to a zone which makes it harder to get a shot early.

I'll respectfully disagree with you on this one. _
    No harm done in disagreeing with me, respectfully or not. My observation may not coincide with the written play by play, but I still feel that the "slowdown" was called from the bench. Just my opinion, which at times isn't worth two cents.

See ya at the Krewe site? Hopefully!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information