Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ul vs mcneese

Default Re: ul vs mcneese

Cajuns win 73-64. Good D; but offense still looks like a bunch of guys standing around waiting for something to happen. Hope they can improve on that!

11:00 min. w/out a field goal will not cut it in most games though. Alot of work to do.
    Congrats on the win!!
    Geaux Cajuns!

UL Basketball Re: ul vs mcneese

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    _ Cajuns win 73-64. Good D; but offense still looks like a bunch of guys standing around waiting for something to happen. Hope they can improve on that! _
    I would have liked to have seen more D tonight. Everytime we shot they showed the replay at three different angles and missed about 20 sec. of cajun Defence. The last two procession's by McNeese was not shown because of the replaythey even showed replays on missed shots. I guess the replay guy wanted some air time.

NOt pretty but a win! Anyone know McNeese's record?

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    _ NOt pretty but a win! Anyone know McNeese's record? _
    Now 2-3 after tonight. We knocked them out of first place in the Sun Belt (they had already beaten ULM and FAU.)

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    _ Now 2-3 after tonight. We knocked them out of first place in the Sun Belt (they had already beaten ULM and FAU.) _
    Now that's funny!

We looked MUCH more fluid with McCoy running the point and got much easier baskets with his dribble penetration and dish offs. He is THE PG for this team.

Switching to a slower offense with about 10 minutes left and up by about 15 was the big killer of our large lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    _ Switching to a slower offense with about 10 minutes left and up by about 15 was the big killer of our large lead. _

We suck at playing with a lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    _ Switching to a slower offense with about 10 minutes left and up by about 15 was the big killer of our large lead. _
    My thoughts exactly! Race horses like to run. They do not like to trot!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ We suck at playing with a lead. _
    Change that "we" to Lee. He took them out of a good rhythm, and they took to standing around playing "footsie" waiting for a last shot before the shot clock expired.

Goodness gracious we had a 15-20 point lead. Why do you want to slow down? Turn them loose. Run up the score. McNeese would have had they held such a lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ Cowboys just went on a 10 point run.
    UL 64
    Neese 57 _
    Cajuns are going to have to stop having those 6-8 min runs where we do not move on offense, do not drive to the basket, only shoot from the outside. On D-Fense we seem to loose our intensity also for the same time frame.

If we play with the same intensity and style this Saturday against Alabama for the whole 40 minutes instead of 29 like J-Bird stated after the game tonight, UL will have a very good chance to WIN!!!

_ We looked MUCH more fluid with McCoy running the point and got much easier baskets with his dribble penetration and dish offs. He is THE PG for this team. _
    AGREED!!!!!

I got a chance to meet the players at the Jersey auction after the game and I must say they are all really cool guys and were very appreciative for all of their jerseys being bought. If you've never been to one of the jersey auctions (my first was tonight) I suggest you go to one even if you're not bidding. It was alot of fun.

Andrew Toney's jersey went for $1,500 and Bo Lamar called Andrew after the final bid and gave the phone to the guy who won the jersey and talked to him. It was really cool. Glad to see the Basketball team doing the auction thing.

_ We looked MUCH more fluid with McCoy running the point and got much easier baskets with his dribble penetration and dish offs. He is THE PG for this team. _
    I too must agree with you on McCoy. Played nearly 30 minutes tonight and he had NO turnovers. Daigle is out for now with a broken hand and is sorely needed, and Lago still has to cut down on turn overs(settle down Willie just settle down and let the game come to you)!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    _ Cajuns are going to have to stop having those 6-8 min runs where we do not move on offense, do not drive to the basket, only shoot from the outside. On D-Fense we seem to loose our intensity also for the same time frame.

If we play with the same intensity and style this Saturday against Alabama for the whole 40 minutes instead of 29 like J-Bird stated after the game tonight, UL will have a very good chance to WIN!!! _
    Correction: the game was moved to Sunday due to Bama's SEC championship game against Florida on Saturday.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information