Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Notes from Coach Robichaux interview on the Cajun Redzone Show

Default Re: Notes from Coach Robichaux interview on the Cajun Redzone Show

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunjeb View Post
    My question for Robichaux. "Has he asked Scott Farmer to 'show him the money!'"

Better show deggs more money

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    Are you knocking Stony Brook? They've made it to the CWS more recently than we have. And beat LSU at the Box to get there.
    I am well aware of that. I'm just saying that neither really generate too much excitement. Then again, I go to see the Cajuns play.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    The "news for you" wasn't directed at you, but more at all the other Farmer is satan believers. I understand a lot of what you say. I don't tailgate, fish or drink beer with Farmer. I've actually only spoken to him 2 or 3 times. Too many people on this board think that he can accomplish everything they want on our limited budget and handcuffs from the state. We sit here after having the most successful year in school history, the day hudspeth signs a monumental deal that will ensure that should he leave, we are in good shape, yet all that can be talked about is Farmer and T-Joe's shortcomings. How they screwed up this or screwed up that. How Farmer should have barged into the booth and demanded an interview to talk about the master plan. That ____ is getting old. We won't get to the promised land over night. We are, though, a lot closer than anyone could have imagined 5 years ago.
    What Cajun T said is right on point. And, where did I say anything about Farmer barging into the booth and demanding an interview? A simple request for an AD interview is all that needed to take place. If they refused, so be it. But, why not ask? Why just wait for an invitation? And, this wasn't about agreeing with the need for a new facility, but rather to state that a new facility is planned as part of our Master Plan. We took criticism for our facility. Ask for an opportunity to talk about our planned baseball stadium with renderings. This was a baseball telecast, so it was highly relevant. Be procative on this and not let people wonder if our current stadium with its duck blind media station is as good as it will ever be. It just added to, IMO, a less than positive national perception of Louisiana Lafayette of the Sun Belt Conference. The stadium not withstanding, our positive display in the Super Regional certainly helped to enhance that perception. The cluster____ regarding our name and a lack of effective marketing about who we are and what we are doing as well as being stuck in the Sun Belt offsets that. Being caught off guard twice regarding realignment left us in this position. We had a national audience for 3 days and they don't know any more about UL other than we have a name issue and an inadequate baseball stadium, but great fans and a great baseball atmosphere. While overall positive, perhaps more could have been done is all I am saying.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    What Cajun T said is right on point. And, where did I say anything about Farmer barging into the booth and demanding an interview? A simple request for an AD interview is all that needed to take place. If they refused, so be it. But, why not ask? Why just wait for an invitation? And, this wasn't about agreeing with the need for a new facility, but rather to state that a new facility is planned as part of our Master Plan. We took criticism for our facility. Ask for an opportunity to talk about our planned baseball stadium with renderings. This was a baseball telecast, so it was highly relevant. Be procative on this and not let people wonder if our current stadium with its duck blind media station is as good as it will ever be. It just added to, IMO, a less than positive national perception of Louisiana Lafayette of the Sun Belt Conference. The stadium not withstanding, our positive display in the Super Regional certainly helped to enhance that perception. The cluster____ regarding our name and a lack of effective marketing about who we are and what we are doing as well as being stuck in the Sun Belt offsets that. Being caught off guard twice regarding realignment left us in this position. We had a national audience for 3 days and they don't know any more about UL other than we have a name issue and an inadequate baseball stadium, but great fans and a great baseball atmosphere. While overall positive, perhaps more could have been done is all I am saying.
    In regards to the interview, even if SF is denied the opportunity to come in the box and talk about UL on air, he could always get some of the renderings of the new Tigue from the MP documents and at least show them to the announcers. Also talk about how we have a design team out there over the weeked assessing the varying deficiencies in the current facility. Maybe do it sometime before the second game. Wouldn't even have to be a long conversation. Leave a set of the renderings in the booth. Then if there is some downtime in the broadcast maybe it would be brought up by the announcers. No need to have SF on the air at all.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    In regards to the interview, even if SF is denied the opportunity to come in the box and talk about UL on air, he could always get some of the renderings of the new Tigue from the MP documents and at least show them to the announcers. Also talk about how we have a design team out there over the weeked assessing the varying deficiencies in the current facility. Maybe do it sometime before the second game. Wouldn't even have to be a long conversation. Leave a set of the renderings in the booth. Then if there is some downtime in the broadcast maybe it would be brought up by the announcers. No need to have SF on the air at all.
    Geez what do you expect? He only makes a 150k.

Wow! The whole frickin' team is gone!

Quote Originally Posted by Alum78 View Post
    We knew that many many months ago.

This is funny. This was not some Tuesday night SBC game or a SEC basketball game. This was a super regional. If Scott Farmer and ESPN would have wasted even 1/2 an inning talking about a master plan I would have screamed at the TV. Who the hell cares about a frigging plan with drawings when 2 teams are fighting for a CWS berth?

Listening to HoustonCajun over the years I think he cares far more about aesthetics and perception than the actual games themselves. Give me a high quality product on the field and I'm fine. I will leave complaining about the name, uniforms, marketing and in game music choices to others.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    The "news for you" wasn't directed at you, but more at all the other Farmer is satan believers. I understand a lot of what you say. I don't tailgate, fish or drink beer with Farmer. I've actually only spoken to him 2 or 3 times. Too many people on this board think that he can accomplish everything they want on our limited budget and handcuffs from the state. We sit here after having the most successful year in school history, the day hudspeth signs a monumental deal that will ensure that should he leave, we are in good shape, yet all that can be talked about is Farmer and T-Joe's shortcomings. How they screwed up this or screwed up that. How Farmer should have barged into the booth and demanded an interview to talk about the master plan. That ____ is getting old. We won't get to the promised land over night. We are, though, a lot closer than anyone could have imagined 5 years ago.
    I understand trying to counter those that blame Farmer for Climate Change... after all, that is all fossil smoke and sunshine mirrors... but, I do think Houston brought up a valid point. Not that Farmer can invade ESPN. But unless there's a mandate not to allow host site promotion - and I only think it fair since they described the booth in such unappealing terms - they would be willing to state what upgrades we're undertaking - if someone (and we nominated our AD) gave them that info.

I think this forum needs to stop blaming Farmer or crediting Farmer for things that are not AD core work... so that we can blame him or credit him for actual core AD work. We all deserve that distinction in our own careers.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    This is funny. This was not some Tuesday night SBC game or a SEC basketball game. This was a super regional. If Scott Farmer and ESPN would have wasted even 1/2 an inning talking about a master plan I would have screamed at the TV. Who the hell cares about a frigging plan with drawings when 2 teams are fighting for a CWS berth?

Listening to HoustonCajun over the years I think he cares far more about aesthetics and perception than the actual games themselves. Give me a high quality product on the field and I'm fine. I will leave complaining about the name, uniforms, marketing and in game music choices to others.
    How would a 2 minute conversation during a 4 hour baseball game affect the play on the field? Promotion is a never ending thing. Keeping the perception of our university at the highest level is a constant. These things can occur simultaneously. We don't always have to be one dimensional, not in something so critical as improving our perception. Our lack of doing more of this is a major reason we are still in this conference.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    I agree. He didn't have to be interviewed directly. But, information should have been provided as you suggested. Not a hard thing to do if the concept of marketing and perception have any semblance of importance.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    If Scott Farmer and ESPN would have wasted even 1/2 an inning talking about a master plan I would have screamed at the TV.
    Baseball and another mundane topic being chewed on by the announcers. How could that work?

Cajunjeb is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Alum78 View Post
    No, there are still players on the team, literally....

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunjeb View Post
    No, there are still players on the team, literally....
    We return a few tough guys that will help shape everyone else up in a big hurry.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information