11 7.33%
  • a 2 rating

5 3.33%
  • a 1 rating

3 2.00%
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 . LastLast

Thread: Rate the job Scott Farmer is doing as UL AD

Quote Originally Posted by dms4720 View Post
    you're right in the sense that he didnt have anything to do with those things happening, but lets say they dont. take away bowl wins, and tourney appearances, and hosting regionals and softball regionals, he's getting a 5HIT-ton of flack for having those guys in place.
    back to the head coach analogy. if we start the year off 4-0 by beating all 4 teams by a score of 3-0, hud is going to get a ton of praise for having us 4-0 over ole miss and boise st. the way you put it is that only that def coor should get credit, because hud's offense didnt do anything to put us in a position to win.
    All 85 guys and coaches ran the stadiums together at 5am.Scott farmer was in his bed, where he should be. I don't think he should be judged on actual on field performance, good or bad after 1 really good year . If all programs tank next year, he should be fired? No, then I'm not gonna praise him for what all these kids accomplished this year, it cheapens what they worked to do. Now, he has the ammo to secure funding, to get projects done, to increase rcaf and ticket sales because if what these kids accomplished. If he can't piggy back what they did, then he is a failure as an AD.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    What is he gonna do with the coaches success is the question. Scott farmer doesn't run stadiums at 5am, he doesn't play pickup ball all summer, he didn't go through fall ball, he didn't buy in to what the coaches were selling. He has very little to do with with actual on field success. The coaches have given him what he needs to do a better job, will he?
    Exactly .How do you get credit for what the teams/coaches accomplish ? That is the biggest sack of crap ever . I am an Athletic Director at a high school , but in no way am iI responsible for their successes / failures .

All 85 guys and coaches ran the stadiums together at 5am.Scott farmer was in his bed, where he should be. I don't think he should be judged on actual on field performance, good or bad after 1 really good year . If all programs tank next year, he should be fired? No, then I'm not gonna praise him for what all these kids accomplished this year, it cheapens what they worked to do. Now, he has the ammo to secure funding, to get projects done, to increase rcaf and ticket sales because if what these kids accomplished. If he can't piggy back what they did, then he is a failure as an AD.
    So what do we need an AD for?

Default Re: Rate the job Scott Farmer is doing as UL AD

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    We have one?

Now, he has the ammo to secure funding, to get projects done, to increase rcaf and ticket sales because if what these kids accomplished. If he can't piggy back what they did, then he is a failure as an AD.
    if that is what he should be based off of, then the last three years you should have him at a ten.
    funding is up, projects are done or underway, rcaf has increased every year, and ticket sales are up for all sports

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    I've asked myself that question as well

Quote Originally Posted by dms4720 View Post
    if that is what he should be based off of, then the last three years you should have him at a ten.
    funding is up, projects are done or underway, rcaf has increased every year, and ticket sales are up for all sports
    Where did I rate him at all? It isn't hard to go up from zero. I'll wait and see what he does with all this success before I grade him good or bad. If you want to give him a 10, give him a ____in 10 I don't care.

We have overflow viewing for baseball games. We just put ESPN announcers in a friggin duck blind for god sakes.

I guess I'll just be perturbed until the funding for baseball is in place. This seems to be a great time to push for money.

Quote Originally Posted by jumboragncajun View Post
    We have overflow viewing for baseball games. We just put ESPN announcers in a friggin duck blind for god sakes.

I guess I'll just be perturbed until the funding for baseball is in place. This seems to be a great time to push for money.
    That is what an AD is for. To capitalize on our success and utilize this opportunity NOW !!!! But im sure Scott Farmer is gonna blow it.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    That is what an AD is for. To capitalize on our success and utilize this opportunity NOW !!!! But im sure Scott Farmer is gonna blow it.
    Hasn't he capitalized on past success by launching the master plan NOW? Or are you going to credit that to someone else since you despise Farmer?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    Hasn't he capitalized on past success by launching the master plan NOW? Or are you going to credit that to someone else since you despise Farmer?
    I'm glad it's getting done and I'll give him credit that it's in the process but did everyone forget what happened to get us to this point?

Quote Originally Posted by jumboragncajun View Post

As was the immediate aftermath of all three bowl games but nothing really happened there. And we still have a vacant fundraising position (though the blame for that likely lies elsewhere or us at least shared).

Also, in addition to Robe and Mike both being here before Farmer, keep in mind that he thought he could replace Mike with someone better in season within a matter of days. (Thankfully that was resolved with Mike staying.) He was involved with the hiring of Hud and Marlin even if he wasn't the AD so he gets some credit there.

He has been involved in the facilities improvements so that's a positive. However, there have been missteps along the way. And he was AD when the debacle of the failure of the Tigue renovations occurred all while telling everyone it would happen at season's end only to then announce it wouldn't. That was a huge cluster____ and embarrassment to a great coach like Robe.

And then there is the brutalized horse that is conference realignment and hyphengate. And let's not forget the wetting of the pants whenever Bruno is around (although that may be more TJoe).

I give him a 4, I mildly pleasant beat but you can't dance to it.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    As was the immediate aftermath of all three bowl games but nothing really happened there. And we still have a vacant fundraising position (though the blame for that likely lies elsewhere or us at least shared).

Also, in addition to Robe and Mike both being here before Farmer, keep in mind that he thought he could replace Mike with someone better in season within a matter of days. (Thankfully that was resolved with Mike staying.) He was involved with the hiring of Hud and Marlin even if he wasn't the AD so he gets some credit there.

He has been involved in the facilities improvements so that's a positive. However, there have been missteps along the way. And he was AD when the debacle of the failure of the Tigue renovations occurred all while telling everyone it would happen at season's end only to then announce it wouldn't. That was a huge cluster____ and embarrassment to a great coach like Robe.

And then there is the brutalized horse that is conference realignment and hyphengate. And let's not forget the wetting of the pants whenever Bruno is around (although that may be more TJoe).

I give him a 4, I mildly pleasant beat but you can't dance to it.
    The fact that he went out of his way to speak to me the last two weekends bumps that 4 to a 6 for me. This poll is fluid. The last 9 months have been lights out for us, totally awesome.
    The next 90 days will tell us a lot.

Z

I'm glad it's getting done and I'll give him credit that it's in the process but did everyone forget what happened to get us to this point?
    Who gives a ____?! We are going in the right direction. What happened in the past cannot be changed. He is doing a better job now and we are firing on all cylinders. Like I originally said, some of you are never going to be satisfied. If you aren't giving game changing money, which I believe 99.9% of this board is not, get off his back.

No one could reach some of your expectations working in the red. I guarantee you that if he could hire a fundraiser, it would have been done. You have money, academia and the state legislature standing in his way everything he tries to do. He has room for improvement but some of you claiming he hasn't done anything good are fooling yourselves. I'm sure every aspect of your business is handled solely by you

I give "Drunk Scott Farmer" 10 out of 10 for entertainment value.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 . LastLast

Thread Information