• a 2 rating

5 3.33%
  • a 1 rating

3 2.00%
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17

Thread: Rate the job Scott Farmer is doing as UL AD

Default Re: Rate the job Scott Farmer is doing as UL AD

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I find athletics to be fascinating. It is of few things I can think of that people who do not participate and are not Coaches and not employed in that line of work in any capacity, can pretend to be experts, know all there is to know about all aspects of every possible scenario and have solutions for every issue! Yet, they go to work every day and draw a salary for doing things that are probably not connected to athletics in any way.
    This is still a Great Country isn't it?
    Very well put Duggie. A lot of us are doing jobs making less. Just wasting all that knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ----And how often they are wrong in their guesses!!!
    Boomer,
    I know a few folks on this board, I know who a few others are (even though I don't know them personally) and I don't have a clue who most of the others are.

I don't dislike anyone who contributes to all of these discussions, even though I may not always agree on every subject. I'm also confident that everyone here on Ragin Pagin would not be here if they didn't have a tremendous amount of love for this University. All of us only want what is best for the Ragin Cajuns, we just don't always agree and have the same ideas about how that should be done. But all of these different "opinions" are what makes the "UL" world go round!

3. Default Re: Rate the job Scott Farmer is doing as UL AD

Boomer,
    I know a few folks on this board, I know who a few others are (even though I don't know them personally) and I don't have a clue who most of the others are.

I don't dislike anyone who contributes to all of these discussions, even though I may not always agree on every subject. I'm also confident that everyone here on Ragin Pagin would not be here if they didn't have a tremendous amount of love for this University. All of us only want what is best for the Ragin Cajuns, we just don't always agree and have the same ideas about how that should be done. But all of these different "opinions" are what makes the "UL" world go round!
    ----And I agree with you---It just seems crazy not to have all the facts and voice your opinion on something when more info could have gotten the correct answer---Not in any way objecting to their right to do it!!!

I find athletics to be fascinating. It is one of the few things I can think of that people who do not participate and are not Coaches and not employed in that line of work in any capacity, can pretend to be experts, know all there is to know about all aspects of every possible scenario and have solutions for every issue! Yet, they go to work every day and draw a salary for doing things that are probably not connected to athletics in any way.
    It doesn't take a genius to see glaring issues in our AD.and serious concerns about our President and how much he actually wants to move this program forwards. I'd rather have an expert at AD.

5. Default Re: Rate the job Scott Farmer is doing as UL AD

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    It doesn't take a genius to see glaring issues in our AD.and serious concerns about our President and how much he actually wants to move this program forwards. I'd rather have an expert at AD.
    It also doesn't take a genius to catch a man lying. Or asleep at the wheel. Most of the disagreements with the leadership here have nothing to do with the games. Not to mention Duggie, most of the information I and many others post here are garnered from people that have direct interaction with Farmer, are employees of the program, serve on the board, or associate with a lot of these folks on a regular basis in some capacity. Most of it is not conjecture.

But specifically speaking about the games, yes, you are correct.

6. Default

I find athletics to be fascinating. It is one of the few things I can think of that people who do not participate and are not Coaches and not employed in that line of work in any capacity, can pretend to be experts, know all there is to know about all aspects of every possible scenario and have solutions for every issue! Yet, they go to work every day and draw a salary for doing things that are probably not connected to athletics in any way.
    Duggie, every single day I go to restaurants and judge the food, service, cooks, decour. I think I'm a pretty fair chef, an excellent retailer, but do not, never hav made a living in any way with food services. Yet I feel fully qualified to lampoon, or brag on any part of a restaurant.

Scott FormerAD is the manager. The restaurant is a mess, we have good chefs, but the service sucks in a neighborhood he's comfortable in, but not most.

Fire Scott Farmer. Hopefully our new fund raiser will raise enough money to buy him out asap. But then again, T-Slow Joe likes his LAP DOG!!!

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

And I agree with you---It just seems crazy not to have all the facts and voice your opinion on something when more info could have gotten the correct answer---Not in any way objecting to their right to do it!!!

All we get is UL propaganda. We can only judge the results.
    A: Stuck in a sub par league with no plan to exit.
    B: Gave away important TV rights. Losing opportunity for national cable coverage.
    C; Tried to railroad Coach Lotief, save by the president.
    D: always wants to cut rather than grow the pie. Example FCOA issue. Never tried to raise the first dime.

You'll never get the facts. You are no auditor. All you can do is judge the results and honesty of this man. He fails daily.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Fire Scott Farmer. Hopefully our new fund raiser will raise enough money to buy him out asap. But then again, T-Slow Joe likes his LAP DOG!!!
    Your last sentence says it all. As much as I dislike his performance as AD, Scott Farmer is a symptom not the disease. TJoe is the disease that ails UL Athletics. And before someone starts asking for notarized proof, you won't find any. You won't find any direct statement from TJoe that states he does not want to leave for a better conference. But there is enough evidence to lead to that conclusion as well as the conclusion that he will not fight to establish the brand we desired. There were two missed CUSA opportunities with nozero.effort made to get UL considered. Scott Farmer not only keeping his job after numerous screw ups but getting an extension and a raise. No correction by TJoe after uproar about Farmer's public statements of comfort in the Belt and being able to do everything we want in the Belt. And of course his very public retreat on the name issue shows he will not fight back against opposition. He made a very public announcement that "We Are Louisiana" but caved as soon as the little sisters started whining. He caved in our branding at our own stadium. He caved in our reference by the conference (despite our apparent, though slow, gains in that regard) with hyphengate. Doesn't seem to put up much of a fight against repeated confusion with Lafayette College. And now we see a drastic change in our logos as promoted on the conference website as well as our own schedules. (I'm sure the party line will be that "The one and only" is a clever marketing ploy and not a retreat).

This fish rots from the head.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    All we get is UL propaganda. We can only judge the results.
    A: Stuck in a sub par league with no plan to exit.
    B: Gave away important TV rights. Losing opportunity for national cable coverage.
    C; Tried to railroad Coach Lotief, save by the president.
    D: always wants to cut rather than grow the pie. Example FCOA issue. Never tried to raise the first dime.

You'll never get the facts. You are no auditor. All you can do is judge the results and honesty of this man. He fails daily.
    Unfortunately some people believe being spoon fed self serving talking points by the AD over a few beers on Friday constitutes facts.

This is what I wrote in June 2014.

4more credit goes to the coaches for performance. He does get some of this. Also the Lotief issue last year was very poorly handled. Conference affiliation, comfort with Sunbelt etc, don't get me started.

August 2015.

2His strength is the on the field/court performance of the coaches. Otherwise he'd be a 1 and deservedly so

So why the downgrade?
    1) More examples learned of telling coaches."if you want the money for xxxx go raise it yourself". He is the exact opposite of what is called "team player". How is that having your coaches back? No initiative or drive to be proactive in solving issues with coachesalways reactive and offers no positive resourceful support at all. Our coaches deserve better.

2) Farmer is to fundraising as Baldwin is to filling up the seats. Pretty obvious he doesn't care or want to contribute to fundraising in any significant way. Out of his comfort zone.

3) Tier 3 debacleincompetence in that he didn't know what he was giving away. That's an AD's job to know these things.

4) I personally don't care for being lied to"discussions with AAC" are now known to be fabricated.

5) I can't get the explanation for not being part of recent conference movement "I sent them a Power Point presentation". Clear example of pathetic leadership/lack of initiative.

6) Boise home/home was signed years ago. Let's name all the high profile home/home agreements since this one 4 years ago in football; now try listing the high profile home/home agreements for basketball. best example is the Pepperdine return trip NEXT year. 1 other is Houston as the best home/home signed for basketball in the past 5 years. We play 10 OOC games a year, out of 50 games scheduled I can name 2 good quality home/home for basketball. Literally nothing noteworthy for high profile home/home in several years since the Boise announcement. Nothing at all.

Current Latech home/home preceded Farmer.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17

Thread Information