Thread: The Tech/Cajun I-Bowl matchup could happen.

Default The Tech/Cajun I-Bowl matchup could happen.

Missy Setters (I-bowl exec) said on the radio that if Tech loses to Nevada then Tech will get an invite. (Nevada favored to win)

Then she said that if Colorado and Auburn both lose (likely)the cajuns will get the other invite IF they beat MTSU. If not, stAte will get the invite if they are eligible. Otherwise some far away MAC or ACC team may get it. This is also considering that Notre Dumb said they'd decline the invite if offered.

I'm not sure if we'll beat Nevada so

What are the cajuns' chances at home vs MTSU? Are the hopes down the drain with Desormeaux?

Default Re: The Tech/Cajun I-Bowl matchup could happen.

Tech might still get the invite with a win. (Assumes Boise stays in Boise, Hawaii wins one, Fresno goes to New Mexico).

The question is if Troy wins out will they opt out of New Orleans? If the Cajuns win, they might. If Middle wins, New Orleans won't release Troy.

Default Re: The Tech/Cajun I-Bowl matchup could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkstfan View Post
    _ Tech might still get the invite with a win. (Assumes Boise stays in Boise, Hawaii wins one, Fresno goes to New Mexico).

The question is if Troy wins out will they opt out of New Orleans? If the Cajuns win, they might. If Middle wins, New Orleans won't release Troy. _
    The WAC has a contract with the Poinsettia bowl to provide a winning team if the PAC 10 fails to fill the bowl. This is much like the sunbelt contingency with the I-bowl.

There would have to be some wheelin' and dealin' to get us out of a western bowl if we beat Nevada. Somebody would have to agree to pickup a 6 win SJSU or Nevada over an 8-4 Tech.

Thread Information