Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Updated Bowl Projections

Default Re: Updated Bowl Projections

Quote Originally Posted by acarte3 View Post
    _ I am a McNeese fan and yes we had a disappointing season at 7-4 but thats better than 6-6 you are hoping for. At least we have won several Southland Conference Football Championships over the last 25 or so years. How many have you guys won? At least we played for a couple of National Championships. We lost but at least we got there something you will never do.
    I think your logic has a pretty fatal flaw. You see, even if we finished 2-10 every year and McNeese finished 10-2, the UL football brand would still be more recognizable across the country. When you play in D-IA, people know who you are, even if you are terrible. When you play in D-IAA, people don't know who you are, even if you are great. Its similar to the stigma that of BCS vs. non-BCS, but on a much bigger scale. Kinda sucks, doesn't it?

As far as your statement that you would rather play for a "national championship" than go to a bowl.well if you were honest with yourself, you'd know that wasn't true either. D-IAA playoffs games show up as box scores in newspapers across the country. If you have a good year and make it to the championship, you might get lucky and get a three paragraph article. But make it to a bowl game? That's coverage.coverage on a level that a D-IAA school would dream to get.

So to summarize.we can have a mediocre season and get more national coverage that you guys get in a great season. I'll take that. It's all part of putting our football program ahead, the rest of our athletic program ahead, and our academic programs ahead.

One win over us last year doesn't change that. Hell, you guys could beat us every year and it wouldn't change that. And there's nothing you can really say, do, or think that would change it. Have a nice day!

2. Default Re: Updated Bowl Projections

to acart3--I know why I do not like LSU ----they will not leave us alone--stop our name change --try to duplicate our national ranked programs---Lafayette with the help of UL greatly surpassed Lake Charles in the last 40 years on our own merits--why do you not like our achievements???

Take nothing away from McNeese and they have ran a fine program over the years and I have many friends who are McNeese alumni and fans. But the comparison of a D1 bowl and D1AA playoff is not even close. Most of my friends who are McNeese fans could not name 1/2 of the teams in the D1AA playoffs and will not watch one game. For myself I cannot name one winner from the first round of playoff games that started last night.

My head is starting to spin working it all out BUT.

It's really going to come down to whether the NCAA enforces the rules as written or they opt for "the spirit" of the rules.

As written:
    Cajuns cannot go to New Orleans because you can't let a 7 win opt out and fill a contract with a 6.

Now that lends itself to a silly result. If Troy wants to be Birmingham and ASU in Shreveport the Cajuns or FAU have to go to one so the league can honor primary and secondary contracts, it makes no sense to not let the Cajuns go to New Orleans and ASU and Troy the games they prefer. Net result is the same identical group of schools go to a bowl only change is which game. That takes us to the spirit of the rule which is to prevent leagues from gobbling up all the games and shutting out 7 or better teams. The only available 7 win at-large teams will be two WAC teams, one MAC, and Troy if ASU wins Saturday. If all 7's land a bowl fairness ought to rule, however fairness has never been a terribly good argument in Indianapolis.

Are there any mods on this site? Way to often do the morons highjack threads. Disagree with what they say and you get pummeled for not being as "Ragin' Cajun" as they are.

6. Default Re: Updated Bowl Projections

Quote Originally Posted by locoguano View Post
    _ Are there any mods on this site? Way to often do the morons highjack threads. Disagree with what they say and you get pummeled for not being as "Ragin' Cajun" as they are. _
    It is a fine line and find I'm not so sure how to always handle a situation.

As we can see from the various bowl scenarios a predefined method is not always best.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Updated Bowl Projections

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    _ http://cfn.scout.com/2/557866.html

Updated 11/30/2008

I still don't see how they put FAU ahead of StAte. _
    Wow. Now they have us playing the NECHS up in Shreveport!?!

ESPN's latest bowl projection:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowlprojection

One guy has Troy at the New Orleans, Ark St. at the Independence, and UL at the pappjohns bowl.

The other guy has the same with Troy and Ark St. but does not have UL going to a bowl game. They have UConn and Fresno St. going to the pappajohns bowl. Both of those teams have 7 wins so I am assuming they think they will fulfill all open bowls with 7 wins before they have to choose UL at 6-6.

There is still one big game out there for the SBC. Louisville plays at Rutgers and if Louisville loses they will not be bowl eligible and the Big East will not be able to fill that spot at the pappajohns bowl.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Updated Bowl Projections

Uhhhh, GEAUX RUTGERS!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information