Thread: Fenroy should have been a Doak finalist

Default Fenroy should have been a Doak finalist

Default Re: Fenroy should have been a Doak finalist

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    _ ESPN's Graham Watson thinks so
    http://myespn.go.com/blogs/others/0-.-finalist.html _
    Fenroy underperformed in the last couple of games, the whole offense underperformed, we lost, and he was eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ Fenroy underperformed in the last couple of games, the whole offense underperformed, we lost, and he was eliminated. _
    True. Unfortunately, Tyrell has been running hurt lately. I'm not sure when or how badly he was hurt, but my understanding is that his shoulder is hurt. I think it is a bruise. Hopefully he'll be able to get some extra rest this week so he can have a whale of a home finale!

Tyrell is a phenomenal running back and we'll be seeing him on Sundays very soon. The man is modest and he is a team player. Would love to see him in black and gold!

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    _ True. Unfortunately, Tyrell has been running hurt lately. I'm not sure when or how badly he was hurt, but my understanding is that his shoulder is hurt. I think it is a bruise. Hopefully he'll be able to get some extra rest this week so he can have a whale of a home finale! _
    Come on RF2.Do you hear what you're saying? What have we become that we use a shoulder bruise as an excuse for a RBs lack of production.

Tyrell Fenroy has been praised by everyone for everything he does on and off the field. He's a hard worker and one of the tough guys. And you're going to blame his lack of performance the last few games on a Shoulder Bruise???

How about blaming his lack of production on the coaches not giving the other team any reason NOT to key their entire Front 7 on him for the LAST 3 GAMES!!!!

I've never seen so many people go out of their way to do anything BUT blame coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    _ Come on RF2.Do you hear what you're saying? What have we become that we use a shoulder bruise as an excuse for a RBs lack of production.

Tyrell Fenroy has been praised by everyone for everything he does on and off the field. He's a hard worker and one of the tough guys. And you're going to blame his lack of performance the last few games on a Shoulder Bruise???

How about blaming his lack of production on the coaches not giving the other team any reason NOT to key their entire Front 7 on him for the LAST 3 GAMES!!!!

I've never seen so many people go out of their way to do anything BUT blame coaching. _

If you think the coaches injured so many of our players, especially at LB, then I agree it's coaching.

Do you have inside info on Tyrell's status? If not, then assume the worst because nothing and/or nobody else has ever stopped him.

_ Fenroy underperformed in the last couple of games, the whole offense underperformed, we lost, and he was eliminated. _
    Fenroy did not under perform against UTEP or FAU, hell how could he, he did not play in the 4th quarter limiting the amount of yards he got. Against Troy our O Line got ______ slapped the entire game.

But he would have had to have 1600+ yards to really have a shot at being a finalists.

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    _ Come on RF2.Do you hear what you're saying? What have we become that we use a shoulder bruise as an excuse for a RBs lack of production.

I've never seen so many people go out of their way to do anything BUT blame coaching. _
    YES. He only had 10 carries against Troy and I think he had a similar number against FAU. He normally gets more than that. I don't think he played in the second half. Now I know you'll point out that since we were so far behind, we had to throw more. But I think I heard we only had the ball for about 9 minutes in the second half. So we didn't have many runs or throws in the second half. BTW, I am NOT giving the coaching staff a pass for the late season collapse, especially for such poor play in the last few games - regardless of the injury situation.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ If you think the coaches injured so many of our players, especially at LB, then I agree it's coaching.

_
    Seriously Des, we're talking about Fenroy and I was talking about the lack of overall production from the offense. What do the LBs have to do with anything?

Particularly in the Troy game, Troy sold everything, and I mean EVERYTHING to stop fenroy. Dez was getting 6 yards a carry, the passing game was wide open as well with 9 guys in the box, but we kept handing the ball to the running back. If you want to know why we didn't score more than 3 points, look at the fact that on 4th and 2, when we went for it, I called the play before the play even started, EVERYONE in the stadium knew that Fenroy was getting the ball, and they all went after him. If I remember, McGuire was in, and watching the play he could have walked 20 yards before being hit if he had kept it. I love Fenroy, and I agree that hes the best player on the team, but if they are selling out to stop him, you have to take whats available until they ease up on Fenroy.

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    _ Particularly in the Troy game, Troy sold everything, and I mean EVERYTHING to stop fenroy. Dez was getting 6 yards a carry, the passing game was wide open as well with 9 guys in the box, but we kept handing the ball to the running back. If you want to know why we didn't score more than 3 points, look at the fact that on 4th and 2, when we went for it, I called the play before the play even started, EVERYONE in the stadium knew that Fenroy was getting the ball, and they all went after him. If I remember, McGuire was in, and watching the play he could have walked 20 yards before being hit if he had kept it. I love Fenroy, and I agree that hes the best player on the team, but if they are selling out to stop him, you have to take whats available until they ease up on Fenroy. _

That's the problem with this offense. It is so predicatable. Even Bustle said yesterday they need to open the play book. Yeah, he just figured that out after 11 games. All anyone has to do is key on Fenroy. We have no passing game and a limping QB. Stop Fenroy and all we score is a field goal. At half time, we were only down by 14. Had we not thrown the interception just before half time, we might have narrowed that gap. Troy made adjustments as their coach said and dominated the second half. UL did not and gave up 31 points.

IF we beat MTSU, I think UL will keep Bustle for one more year, particularly if we go to a bowl game. How could we not if it is our first major college bowl game? However, if we lose or if we don't go to a bowl game and finish 6-6, after 7 years, we need a change. I hope the administration sees it that way. UL may have a year or two of his contract to buy and pay another coach and staff much higher salaries, so that will likely be the major deciding factor for UL. It will be interesting to see how Dr. S handles this. He understands the impact winning football will have on UL. Does he put it on hold for another year?

Thread Information