Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who is giving me free beer tomorrow?

Default Who is giving me free beer tomorrow?

I will be arriving in town around 4:30-5:00, checking in to the hotel and heading out to the ballpark immediately thereafter. If I agree to leave the stats at the Hilton Garden Inn, who can I count on to feed me, quench my thirst and prove to me that Matthew Stevens was wrong?

Default Re: Who is giving me free beer tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by The Analyst View Post
    I will be arriving in town around 4:30-5:00, checking in to the hotel and heading out to the ballpark immediately thereafter. If I agree to leave the stats at the Hilton Garden Inn, who can I count on to feed me, quench my thirst and prove to me that Matthew Stevens was wrong?
    pretty much any tent you stop at you wont be dissapointed

Where are you coming from? Just a suggestion, if you can leave an hour or two earlier, do it. There won't be a lack of things to pass time once you get here and you never know what traffic will be like.

You've got a perfect opportunity just by mentioning that debacle to be "hooked-up". I can assure you his situation was an anomaly and finding out about the areas of town he paroozed I can't say I'm alarmed. Every city has it's good and bad sides (old vs new).

Show up early as you can, and look for smoke. Shouldn't be hard to find. Enjoy your time here and of course, go Cajuns.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Where are you coming from? Just a suggestion, if you can leave an hour or two earlier, do it. There won't be a lack of things to pass time once you get here and you never know what traffic will be like.
    Coming from Jackson, MS. I'm already in a little hot water for leaving the wife+6 and 2 year-old at home over the weekend.the others in my group have similar set ups. We figured it would be in our best interest to put in a half-day of work around the house before heading out around 1:00. We will, however, have an entire day to kill Sunday before the West Coast first pitch at 8:00. And by the way, my prediction is that the 8:00 start time will work against the home team as most fans do not know how to pace themselves for that late of a start--there will be a number who are too hammered to make it through the game enthusiastically. Those "I-was-just-hammered-but-now-I-can't-drink-inside-the-stadium" headaches can be the worst.

Coming from Jackson, MS. I'm already in a little hot water for leaving the wife+6 and 2 year-old at home over the weekend.the others in my group have similar set ups. We figured it would be in our best interest to put in a half-day of work around the house before heading out around 1:00. We will, however, have an entire day to kill Sunday before the West Coast first pitch at 8:00. And by the way, my prediction is that the 8:00 start time will work against the home team as most fans do not know how to pace themselves for that late of a start--there will be a number who are too hammered to make it through the game enthusiastically. Those "I-was-just-hammered-but-now-I-can't-drink-inside-the-stadium" headaches can be the worst.
    Gotcha

Again, ask your little brothers about the late start. We had a 3 hour rain delay before the first MSU game. Our fans getting tanked is not in our opponents' best interest.

Gotcha

Again, ask your little brothers about the late start. We had a 3 hour rain delay before the first MSU game. Our fans getting tanked is not in our opponents' best interest.
    I just have memories of 8:00-8:45 football kickoffs in the past and remember how exhausted fans get--especially if the game does not provide non-stop entertainment. But I've never been to Lafayette, so maybe y'all handle it different/better.

Gotcha

Anybody wanted to make some money. Set up some crawfish for sale. We are suckers for it and will pay unGodly prices for it.

I just have memories of 8:00-8:45 football kickoffs in the past and remember how exhausted fans get--especially if the game does not provide non-stop entertainment. But I've never been to Lafayette, so maybe y'all handle it different/better.
    Lol, maybe.

10. Default Re: Who is giving me free beer tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by EDOrgeronsGhost View Post
    Anybody wanted to make some money. Set up some crawfish for sale. We are suckers for it and will pay unGodly prices for it.
    Hurry last night for Crawfish at Dwight's is tonight.

You will find out soon enough how we handle it… To say we get rowdy, may be an understatement. To say we are louder and more boisterous the more we drink would be about as accurate a portrayal as I could give you…

Quote Originally Posted by EDOrgeronsGhost View Post
    crawfish season is unfortunately just about over. So you would have to pay a little more than normal regardless of where you go.

Also, I would be glad to spare a beer or two. We have some pretty good local brews that you might enjoy.

Our second game last Saturday didn't start until after 8 PM. Ross Mitchell lasted 1.2 innings. We had 12 runs by 9 PM. That was after we demolished the 3 seed (some team from Cali, I think) at 1 PM. Go figure. We'll try and pace ourselvessafe travels.

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Lol. As fans, the "now I can't drink inside the stadium" part was tough in game 1 against j state. By Day 2, we made adjustments just like our team did.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information