Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Who is giving me free beer tomorrow?

Default Re: Who is giving me free beer tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by RedCajun View Post
    Lol. As fans, the "now I can't drink inside the stadium" part was tough in game 1 against j state. By Day 2, we made adjustments just like our team did.
    I was thinking the same. Some rules are made to be broken! ;-)

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Who is giving me free beer tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by The Analyst View Post
    Coming from Jackson, MS. I'm already in a little hot water for leaving the wife+6 and 2 year-old at home over the weekend.the others in my group have similar set ups. We figured it would be in our best interest to put in a half-day of work around the house before heading out around 1:00. We will, however, have an entire day to kill Sunday before the West Coast first pitch at 8:00. And by the way, my prediction is that the 8:00 start time will work against the home team as most fans do not know how to pace themselves for that late of a start--there will be a number who are too hammered to make it through the game enthusiastically. Those "I-was-just-hammered-but-now-I-can't-drink-inside-the-stadium" headaches can be the worst.
    Welcome to Lafayette. I was born in your neck of the woods [Calhoun County] and still have lots of family up there. I am very familiar with how hard Ole Miss folks 'party'. I will tell you straight up that the hardest partying, whisky-swilling Mississippian will be passed out on the floor puking his guts out along about the time the average 16 year old Cajun girl is getting a mild buzz. Forget trying to outdrink a full grown man. If you are a beer drinker, it is even worse. There is more beer per capita consumed in a 50 mile radius of Lafayette than there is within a 50 mile radius of Munich or Prague. You WILL have fun; but if you try to out-drink the locals, you won't remember much of it.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Welcome to Lafayette. I was born in your neck of the woods [Calhoun County] and still have lots of family up there. I am very familiar with how hard Ole Miss folks 'party'. I will tell you straight up that the hardest partying, whisky-swilling Mississippian will be passed out on the floor puking his guts out along about the time the average 16 year old Cajun girl is getting a mild buzz. Forget trying to outdrink a full grown man. If you are a beer drinker, it is even worse. There is more beer per capita consumed in a 50 mile radius of Lafayette than there is within a 50 mile radius of Munich or Prague. You WILL have fun; but if you try to out-drink the locals, you won't remember much of it.
    This.

Just two years of living in Lafayette conditioned me and my liver well.

Yeah I've seen party down south. the MS boy usually tucks in ole Lyle A Boudreaux, Lafayettes pride and joy.

This is absolutely true. Back in my drinking hey day's, I could put down a case. I used to chug a pitcher of beer on stage while my band was playing, in the middle of a song no less. Sad part was my drinking didn't catch up with my age, the energy that I put out playing live did. Man, last show I played, god, I felt like a bag of smashed buttholes. I really can't wait to go drink with some of these native North Carolinians and show them how the pro's do it.

That said, to the original point, my guess is show up outside the Tigue, blindfold yourself, spin around three times and point. Wherever you're pointing, you'll find someone willing to feed you and give you a beer.

I will be arriving in town around 4:30-5:00, checking in to the hotel and heading out to the ballpark immediately thereafter. If I agree to leave the stats at the Hilton Garden Inn, who can I count on to feed me, quench my thirst and prove to me that Matthew Stevens was wrong?
    Just be prepared. State fans were complaining that UL fans were awesome during tailgating but sucked during the game. Cajuns are your best friends before and after the game, but during the game, it's game time boys. If you're not wearing Vermillion Red you are the enemy. But please do enjoy yourself before and after the game. Get you some beer and great food. As Jay says "That's what we do".

Coming from Jackson, MS. I'm already in a little hot water for leaving the wife+6 and 2 year-old at home over the weekend.the others in my group have similar set ups. We figured it would be in our best interest to put in a half-day of work around the house before heading out around 1:00. We will, however, have an entire day to kill Sunday before the West Coast first pitch at 8:00. And by the way, my prediction is that the 8:00 start time will work against the home team as most fans do not know how to pace themselves for that late of a start--there will be a number who are too hammered to make it through the game enthusiastically. Those "I-was-just-hammered-but-now-I-can't-drink-inside-the-stadium" headaches can be the worst.
    I doubt you will see many people 'hammered.' This is a very different culture. As a starting point, check this out:

Cajuns & Creoles are very family-oriented, and we take our kids everywhere. You can go to the finest restaurants in town, and people will bring their kids. You will see kids at sporting events, concerts, big festivals, everywhere.

My point is, the Cajuns drink all the time, but they don't tend to get drunk.

Stay thirsty, but sober, my friend.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information