Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bowl Talk: OK, so which is it???

UL Football Bowl Talk: OK, so which is it???

Almost everything I've heard says at 6-6, we are able to go to the Indy, Papajohns, or birmingham bowl (assuming the primaries can't fill the slot). But then I heard that to fill one of those we have to be 7-5. So what's the deal?????????????

Default Re: OK, so which is it???

It doesn't matter. We just need to win games. Let other people decide where we go.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

If a bowl cannot fill one or both of it's slots and is looking to at large teams to fill them, it cannot take a 6-6 team over a 7-5 team.

The only thing that nobody has been able to answer with any certainty is the question about bowl/conference affiliations. The rules state that a bowl must take a 7-5 or better school before a 6-6 school, unless the 6-6 school's conference has a primary affiliation with the bowl. I'm not sure if the agreements we have with PPJ's, St Pete, and Indy, are considered primary, because we are to be given preference over other conferences. Or, if the main tie-in's for those conferences are the primary agreements and the SBC has secondary agreements. This assumes that there is a such thing as secondary agreements.

I am bumping this thread to the top.

I would like someone who knows the answer to the question above concerning the mentioned bowls (St. Pete, Papajohn, and Indy). Is the SBC considered primary if the original conference cannot fill their slots. This is a big difference for the SBC. It will make the difference of 1 SBC team going bowling instead of 2 or 3.

BOP where are you at?

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    _ I am bumping this thread to the top.

I would like someone who knows the answer to the question above concerning the mentioned bowls (St. Pete, Papajohn, and Indy). Is the SBC considered primary if the original conference cannot fill their slots. This is a big difference for the SBC. It will make the difference of 1 SBC team going bowling instead of 2 or 3.

BOP where are you at? _
    I am right here. The contingency tie ins state that a 6-6 Sun Belt team must be taken before any other 6-6 team. Likewise, a 7-5 Sun Belt team must be taken before any other 7-5 team. However, an at large 7-5 team must be taken before a 6-6 SBC team.

Likewise a 7-5 SBC team must be placed before a 6-6 SBC team in one of the contingency bowls.

The scenario is not doomsday by any means. The SEC will be two short, and the Big XII may be two short as wellDitto for CUSA.

Bottom line is, after all the bowls fill their contracted slots, there will be damn few 7-5 at large teams available.

I'm more concerned about the SBC scenario. If FAU wins out, they are 7-5 and would have to be placed in a bowl before a 6-6 Cajun team. FAU's biggest chance to lose comes this Saturday when they travel to Arkansas State. The used to be Indians have struggled, but all of those struggles have come away from Jonesboro. As we all know, they are really tough up there.

Cajun fans should be rooting for ASU this weekend, just in case.

Ok BOP. That settles it. I feel much better now,

igeaux.mobi

nm

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ nm _

probably your best post in months! !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ probably your best post in months! !! _
    For once in my life I am speechless

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ For once in my life I am speechless _
    You, speechless naaaahhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by BrudaCajun View Post
    _ You, speechless naaaahhhhhh _
    Let me go get a Bud Light I'll have something to say

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BrudaCajun View Post
    _ You, speechless naaaahhhhhh _
    Naaaah

We should have a good idea of our bowl fate on December 3rd. Win 2 and go to New Orleans, win 1 and we might go to Shreveport, New Orleans or stay home, or lose 2 and definitely stay home.

Lets take care of business and Finish this season bowling in New Orleans, THESE GUYS DESERVE IT!

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    I am right here. The contingency tie ins state that a 6-6 Sun Belt team must be taken before any other 6-6 team. Likewise, a 7-5 Sun Belt team must be taken before any other 7-5 team. However, an at large 7-5 team must be taken before a 6-6 SBC team.

Likewise a 7-5 SBC team must be placed before a 6-6 SBC team in one of the contingency bowls.

The scenario is not doomsday by any means. The SEC will be two short, and the Big XII may be two short as wellDitto for CUSA.

Bottom line is, after all the bowls fill their contracted slots, there will be damn few 7-5 at large teams available.

I'm more concerned about the SBC scenario. If FAU wins out, they are 7-5 and would have to be placed in a bowl before a 6-6 Cajun team. FAU's biggest chance to lose comes this Saturday when they travel to Arkansas State. The used to be Indians have struggled, but all of those struggles have come away from Jonesboro. As we all know, they are really tough up there.

Cajun fans should be rooting for ASU this weekend, just in case.
    ASTATE owes us from our old Big West days. They took a bowl bid from us back then. We want it back.

15. Default Re: OK, so which is it???

we dont go nowhere without winning, and frankly we dont deserve to.

beat troy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information