Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bowl Talk: OK, so which is it???

Default Re: OK, so which is it???

But can't we clinch a New Orleans Bowl berth with a stAte win and a Cajuns win?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCherokee View Post
    _ But can't we clinch a New Orleans Bowl berth with a stAte win and a Cajuns win? _
    nm

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ If we would beat Troy and then they beat Ark State in there last game they would finish with 2 losses.

If we beat Troy and lose to Middle Tenn. we will have 3 loses. Troy wins conference.

If FIU would win out they could be part of a 3 way tie, if we beat Troy and then Troy beats Ark State, and we win out. You can also replace FIU in this scenario with FAU.

I don't know if this makes sense the way I typed it but its close. _
    We would only have 2 losses if we beat Troy, then lose to MT. They would also have 2; but we would own the head-to-head tiebreaker. Not going beyone that point for now. We just need to win!

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    _ We would only have 2 losses if we beat Troy, then lose to MT. They would also have 2; but we would own the head-to-head tiebreaker. Not going beyone that point for now. We just need to win! _
    Never mind I am not thinking straight lol I put the UTEP lose in there for some reason.

Well for sake of covering the scenarios, here is my thought process.

Assuming we beat Troy and stAte beats FAU, here is what the standings would look like:

UL: 5-1
    Troy: 4-2
    Ark. St: 3-2
    FAU: 3-3

--------------------

FAU: Mathematically, FAU is eliminated at that point.

Troy: Even if Troy wins on 12/6 against stAte, and we lose to Middle on 12/3, UL holds the tiebreaker over Troy for the head-to-head win.

Ark. St: Even if stAte beats North Texas on 11/29 and Troy on 12/6, and we lose to Middle on 12/3, UL holds the tiebreaker over stAte for the head-to-head win.

I know I'm jumping ahead here. But the stAte/FAU game kicks off at 2:00. We will know the outcome before we kickoff in Troy. If stAte wins at home (and they are a MUCH better team at home) and we survive Troy, its all over but the crying for the rest of the Belt.

Assuming FAU beats stAte, and we beat Troy, we must beat Middle on 12/3 to claim the Belt.

Wudda, cudda, shudda, don't mean nothing if we don't start winning again. Gotta beat Troy, no questions about it, the time has come, sure hope our boys feel the urgency!

N.O. Bound!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3713537

Could this make the Troy game (and conference championship) that much more important? If the Irish fill an SEC bowl, could that take the Independence Bowl off the table for us?

Quote Originally Posted by User_Name View Post
    _ http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3713537

Could this make the Troy game (and conference championship) that much more important? If the Irish fill an SEC bowl, could that take the Independence Bowl off the table for us? _
    my lord, if the tigers don't match up well against whatever team the big 12 puts in the cotton [and they don't], imagine how it would be for the domers. wow.

Quote Originally Posted by USL Alum93 View Post
    _ Wudda, cudda, shudda, don't mean nothing if we don't start winning again. Gotta beat Troy, no questions about it, the time has come, sure hope our boys feel the urgency!

N.O. Bound!! _
    Are you right!!. we could easily be 5-7 if we're not careful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information