Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: UL Regional Champs

1. Default UL Regional Champs

Congrats Cajuns! Now, go beat the ever-loving hell out of TSUN (what some would call "ole miss"). Get yourselves to Omaha! You'll love it. It's a nice town, and a great park.

-JB

Ragin' Cajuns Re: UL Regional Champs

thanks, houla. appreciate it. and, by the way, been there before. 2000. but we sure would love to go again!

3. Default Re: UL Regional Champs

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint View Post
    thanks, houla. appreciate it. and, by the way, been there before. 2000. but we sure would love to go again!
    I know, but Rosenblatt closed in '10. Y'all will love TD Ameritrade. Oh, and make sure you take your own water bottles in. You can refill in water fountains (not chilled), rather than buying water (expensive). If you're on a budget like I was last year, it'll help.

Gotta big hill to climb, but I have faith in the Cajuns! Y'all will get it done.

-JB

Default Re: UL Regional Champs

Quote Originally Posted by MSHoula View Post
    Congrats Cajuns! Now, go beat the ever-loving hell out of TSUN (what some would call "ole miss"). Get yourselves to Omaha! You'll love it. It's a nice town, and a great park.

-JB
    Thanks. And congrats on a great season by your team, hope your fans enjoyed their time at The Tigue.

MSHoula,
    I really appreciate the number of Miss St fans who came on our message board and were very respectful of our fanbase. Your athletic program has pick up a follower and please hammer those _____Kat Dolls from the east whenever ya'll get the chance.

All the MSU fans I met this weekend were friendly, classy and passionate. Good folks

What a great past few days. Having a perennial power like MSU with its strong fan base made this a special regional. The two guys we saw pitch today were some of the best we have seen at the Tigue. So proud of our team and the grit they showed. so looking forward to next week.

-JB
    You guys were a blast. Tonight's game was one to enjoy if your a purist. Obviously winning makes it that much better for us. Certainly hope we help you out with TSUN.

-JB
    The boys and fans up at TSUN (known to some as Ol' Miss) are running scared, thinking that they are snake-bit in Super Regionals (never having won one). As a bit of added incentive for ya'll, as if you need it, I remind you that their coach is one of Skip's boys. If he doesn't win this regional, a bunch of cognitively challenged TSUN athletic supporters are ready to string him up. So, in some small way, you'd be taking a stab at the credibility of UL-Red Stick by beating him. Just sayin'.

Now that I've overcome my grief which resulted from ya'll sending the Dawgs home for the year, I'm pulling for the Ragin' Cajuns the rest of the way.

Thanks BaldDawg !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BaldDawg View Post
    Now that I've overcome my grief which resulted from ya'll sending the Dawgs home for the year, I'm pulling for the Ragin' Cajuns the rest of the way.
    Thanks it has been fun having you around, love the banter.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Thanks it has been fun having you around, love the banter.
    Ya'll don't forget about that UL-Red Stick thang. Or maybe, LS-Red Stick.

BTW--Having gotten a chance to see some other teams (since for some unexplained reason our own local regionals are blacked out), it's beginning to look like UC-Irvine is going to be hard to put out of this thing. They're hard-nosed, and got a corral full of pitching.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    How did Ole Miss do this year, against common teams like yall(Mississippi State), LSU, Alabama, etc?
    Got swept at Alabama, lost 2 of 3 at LSU. Lost 2 of 3 at SC. Other than that, lost only 3 other conference games. Didn't play Flarda. Took 2 of 3 against TN. Swept KY, won 2 of 3 at TAMU and at Starkville. They've got some power hitters, and are surprisingly good on the basepaths. 2nd in SEC in steals, for instance. Overby is the weak link on defense, but they got a snazzy little shortstop. Good pitching--Ellis will be hard to beat--but not quite as deep there as ya'll. Unfortunately, depth doesn't mean as much in a three game set, and they have a pretty good #2 and #3, a couple of good middle-inning relievers, and a quality closer. They can put up some numbers, and are drooling over ya'll's relatively short fences. Orvis can really smash it, as can Anderson and Overby. They were the 2 seed in the SEC tourney, behind Flarda.
    Last edited by BaldDawg; June 7th, 2014 at 12:22 am. Reason: misinformation

Quote Originally Posted by BaldDawg View Post
    Got swept at Alabama, lost 2 of 3 at LSU. Lost 2 of 3 at SC. Other than that, lost only 3 other conference games. Didn't play Flarda. Took 2 of 3 against TN. Swept KY, won 2 of 3 at TAMU and at Starkville. They've got some power hitters, and are surprisingly good on the basepaths. 2nd in SEC in steals, for instance. Overby is the weak link on defense, but they got a snazzy little shortstop. Good pitching--Ellis will be hard to beat--but not quite as deep there as ya'll. Unfortunately, depth doesn't mean as much in a three game set, and they have a pretty good #2 and #3, a couple of good middle-inning relievers, and a quality closer. They can put up some numbers, and are drooling over ya'll's relatively short fences. Orvis can really smash it, as can Anderson and Overby. They were the 2 seed in the SEC tourney, behind Flarda.
    I really don't get why people think we have a small park. I mean WTF. I just looked up Ole Miss's field dimensions at Swayze Field… It's 330, 365, 390, 365, 330.

The Tigue is 330, 375, 400, 375, 330. What about this is smaller than the mighty Ole Miss park? NOTHING, It's bigger.

Miss State Dimensions? 330, 376, 390, 374, 326.

I'm getting really tired of people thinking that our park is small just because we hit a lot of bombs. Get over it people, look up the dimensions of our field before you spew stupid information.

If they're drooling over our fences, are they vomiting all over themselves over their own fences every time they play at home, which are 10 feet shorter in the power alleys and straight away center? Must be a mess when they play at home. I'd really hate to see what they do at Vanderbilt, with that 310 LF fence… they must have stuff coming out of every orifice for that one. Those SEC parks are so much bigger than this little old Sun Belt park! NOT!!! So stupid.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information